FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedhelp! feijoa skin consumed!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mountaingoat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mountaingoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help! feijoa skin consumed!
    Posted: 21 April 2009 at 12:43pm
My wee 7-month-old was playing with a (whole) feijoa and I forgot she is getting teeth! So she was actually getting right into it and chewing on it and probably swallowed some of the skin.

Is she going to die????!!!!!
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mountaingoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2009 at 12:44pm
In case anyone was wondering, the previous post is not supposed to seem like I'm freaking out, I'm just mildly concerned :)
first View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote first Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2009 at 12:47pm
Eating the skin is fine. I do it all the time. I would let her eat too much though as it is quite acidic. I'm sure she's enjoying herself.

monster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2009 at 12:48pm
She'll be fine.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mountaingoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2009 at 12:58pm
Thanks, the reassurance is nice.
peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2009 at 1:01pm
My DD prefers the skin to the inside of the feijoa and its done her no harm at all

Edited by peachy
peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2009 at 2:48pm
I dont mind the skin either....gives it a bit if crunch. I would be more worried about choking...but she obviously didnt....cant wait to see her poos.
Chickoin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickoin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2009 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by nzpiper nzpiper wrote:

I dont mind the skin either....gives it a bit if crunch. I would be more worried about choking...but she obviously didnt....cant wait to see her poos.

Will there be pics
xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2009 at 11:37am
My DD likes the skin too but she likes lemons too.. strange! Glad to know it is harmless!
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2009 at 2:13pm
Esme likes Orange skins hehe

TTC #3 since Jan 2010 - PCOS
MC April 2010

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mountaingoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2009 at 8:43am
Originally posted by Chickoin Chickoin wrote:

Originally posted by nzpiper nzpiper wrote:

Will there be pics

Goodness me. Poos these days with teething and solids are ALL revolting. lol
busyissy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busyissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2009 at 1:22pm
Its completely edible. My mum makes a feijoa jelly (like crabapple jelly for sammies not a dessert) out of the skins.
TraceyA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TraceyA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2009 at 4:28pm
We make a drink from the skins by popping them in a bowl, coating them with some sugar and adding some lemon balm or peppermint then covering with boiling water, leave it for several hours or overnight and it makes a really yummy drink. I made some this morning after breakfast and drank it with lunch
TTC #2
 Post Reply Post Reply