FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBaby names???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
manda27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manda27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2009 at 3:56pm
Archie is a cute name.
We haven't agreed on any boy names yet but have two girl names we like Taylor and Ashlee.
Sponsored Links

BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2009 at 5:48pm
well DH and i have had a names chat and he has thrown out the boys name so no boys names now!!!

However we have decided if she is a she then she will be KARMA MAREE (maree is my middle name and i was named after my great aunt Maree whom i have sooooo much respect for! )

whenever i think of the name karma i too think calm and serene

Edited by BaileyandAstin
Mamma2N View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mamma2N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2009 at 10:10pm
Well thats a beautiful name Bailey&Astin!
I forgot to say, some people I know weren't too fussed on Novella as well and now everyone thinks that it suits her down to a T! And anyway, who cares what everyone else thinks!

(Oh and thanks to you and Lisa for liking the name Cosimo - it really annoyed me how people would screw up their faces when we told them the names we had)

And Lisa, I really love the name Esme, its cute and I know a granny by the same name who is absolutely gorgeous and full of personality
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2009 at 12:32pm
Haha theres alot of people that seem to know grannys named Esme or Hazel lol

TTC #3 since Jan 2010 - PCOS
MC April 2010
Mum_mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum_mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2009 at 1:04pm
We have a name - Madeline Grace ..... DH chose Madeline before we conceived and i just loved it, we mainly want to call her Maddi.

We have chosen Grace because DH's father always calls his other son Sam "Grace or Gracie", if i was having a boy i would have loved to call him Sam but as that is my BIL's name we cant really lol. So in a round about way, Grace is after DH's brother.

Im just not too sure if Madeline Grace is too religious IYKWIM, Will people think it is?

Angel baby - May 2008
minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2009 at 1:23pm
We've come up with two names now....we were having massive difficulty until we came out of our anatomy scan scan and DH said what about......and that was that!!

So at the moment we have Jade Josephine (Jade cos we both like it, and Josephine because...it goes well and is MIL's middle name) and Abbie Elizabeth (although Abbie may well be changed to Amber, because no matter how much DH says he doesn't like Amber as a name, whenever he talks to them he calls them Amber and Jade, instead of Abbie and Jade!!! Elizabeth is my middle name, after my Nana).

Of course, they may pop out and look nothing like a Jade and Abbie (or Amber)!!!
minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2009 at 1:25pm
Oh, and Hannah I don't think Madeline Grace is that religious!! My old beauty therapist (who is very involved in her church) called her daughter Ava Maria - that to me is more religious (Ave Maria) than Madeline Grace!! In saying that, she suits it down to the ground
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2009 at 1:27pm
Love the names Kate I think I like the idea of Jade and Amber more because Jade and Amber are both precious stones So they are linked in a way

TTC #3 since Jan 2010 - PCOS
MC April 2010
BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2009 at 1:27pm
i love your names Kate! (biased much!?? lol) and if you do call them Amber and Jade then they will both be named after stones (jewlery not rocks! lol)
BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2009 at 1:29pm
bugger i typed to slow...ok i got distracted watching tv! lol
minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2009 at 4:08pm
LOL that thought has occurred to me....but the biggest one is that DH can't seem to remember Abbie!!!
BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2009 at 11:22am
Abbie the name mustnt be "meant to be" he must like Amber to a certain degree otherwise he would conveniently forget that name instead
caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2009 at 1:43pm
Ive always liked the name Jade, I knew a Jade and she was cuuuuteee
If I have another girl one day (in the far far future ) it will be Amelia Rachel Jade (the Rachel is after my best friend )

Hannibil, I had a dream when I was about 30 weeks pregnant with this one that I had a girl called Madelyn Grace , which is very similar , and if I lose my sanity and have a 4th girl , Madelyn Grace she will be

Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2009 at 2:10pm
Wow! I love all your guys names!! We have a long list for both boys and girls and our plan is to hold off naming until we see bubs for the first time. Some favourites at the mo are Amaya (japanese) Lillie, Kelsie, Katia for girls (and lots more lol and boys, Jett, Bailey, Landon (dp hates) thats not even a quarter of our list at the mo though lol.

Mum_mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum_mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2009 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by caitlynsmygirl caitlynsmygirl wrote:

I had a girl called Madelyn Grace , which is very similar ,

Its still said the same as Madelyn but just spelt the more traditional way. I originally wanted Madelyn cos i was worried that madeline was said more Mad-e-line instead of Lyn but DH wants it the other way

Angel baby - May 2008
julz85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julz85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2009 at 11:50pm

I find names extremly interesting . My mother has her own buisness doing numerology and altho it has alot to do with when you born it also has alot to do with your name. every name i have looked at so far i have gotton my mum to do an indepth reading on the name and it has actually swayed me off a couple of names i really liked (because the charcterisitcs etc are not so great , or it gives the child alot of kharmic debts) . its amazing how acurate my mum is with peoples names and what personality traits they have acording to the numbers in their names .

Its funny isnt it , for the last few years i always swore if i had a wee girl she would Be Avalon rose but then when i actually found out i was pregnant i kinda went off it (partly because babys daddy hates Avalon) then i had to think of boy names too so i had settled on Logan James. When i found out i was having a girl she was Makenzie Rose up untill about a month ago when i changed to Amelia Jayne and now thats what iv settled on , she will definatly be Amelia Jayne . its just so funny because its never a name i had chosen or even thought about . just came to me one day and stuck in my head and i havent been able to get it out  since. she just feels like an Amelia Jayne , plus she will be Millie for short and i think thats cute as .

One of the funniest thing i think is that when mum did readings for both Makenzie rose, and Amelia Jayne  they have both come out with pretty much all the same numbers and all the same characterisitcs with only slight diffrences , and Amelia Jayne has exactly the same numbers as My name!!! we are going to be the same animal in the chinese horoscope (the ox) and our life path number etc are all the same which is quite ironice , i shall have a little Mini me!!! lol

Edited by julz
skp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2009 at 12:32pm
we have a boy name and a girl name - but struggling for middle names at this point. I cant tell anyone (apart from DH) names as I think it might jinx it for me!
Do you have to have middle names anyway? does anyone know the significance of the middle name (in history)?
skp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2009 at 12:33pm
oh and btw I love the name Archie for a boy its sooo cute!!
CuriousG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuriousG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2009 at 12:50pm
We struggled so much with a boys name this time - we still don't know what we are having but have finally come up with two names that I adore so either way, I will be rapt.

There is also the name association thing we found hard - and input from other people saying "you can't name your child that because I knew of blah blah blah". FFS - its our kid.

But at any rate we have come up with the following:

Annabelle Scarlett-Rose for a girl - the Rose bit is a family tradition - DD1 has the name, I do, my Mum, my Auntie, Great Auntie (you get the drift).

Cameron Stewart for a boy. We love the name Cam but felt it was too short hence Cameron - which is actually a very good friend of DH's too. Stewart is DH's mothers maiden name and represents that side of the family (DH wanted it to be Colin after his grandfather but I HATE it so we agreed on Stewart as his grandfathers surname).

I am so happy with both of these. I like names that are not too out there personally but appreciate that some choose to give their babies what I consider strange names (I am thinking of Mystique from DD's daycare). I just find that weird.

Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2009 at 1:28pm
You don't need a middle name, skp! I don't have one and actually quite like the novelty of not having one, def not the norm so you get lots of comments by not having one.

I was determined that my children were not having middle names either but in the end DH's family have a name that is traditional for them so used that and now don't think its fair for one child to have a middle name without the other so now need to come up with another one.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>