FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBaby names???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
RinTinTin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RinTinTin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2009 at 10:17pm

Yip Lou it's normally used as a surname but I found it in a baby name book and I've looked it up on the web and it says it can use it as a first name.

Otherwise the first name equivalent with the meaning fo wold if Ralph...not for me sorry.

Sponsored Links

Richie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2009 at 1:18pm
Any ideas on Irish girl names? My DP is Irish and we have decided on Conor for a boy and would like an irish sounding name for a girl too but can't find one that sounds nice and is easy to spell!
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2009 at 1:27pm
nzlisajo ask tishy she is Irish and her girls have lovely Irish names (Aoife and Eimear)
Mum to two amazing boys!
BugTeeny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BugTeeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2009 at 3:00pm
Finola
Erin
Sinead
Siobhan

tiptoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2009 at 4:41pm
Niamh (pronounced Neve) is a nice Irish name. Only problem is most people don't know how to pronounce it at first glance - but I think that will be the same with most irish names.
crafty1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crafty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2009 at 10:36am
Ciara, Roisin (rosheen), Aoife (eefa), Ailish

caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2009 at 3:40pm
my fave irish name (apart from Kelly, and Caitlyn ) is Saorise , pronounced Seer sha

cole88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2009 at 3:47pm
hi everybody,
what do you think of Alexia or Paige or Ella?
i want the middle name Elizabeth (family name) but not sure it goes maybe might use too of these names instead any ideas?

BessieBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2009 at 5:06pm

Ella is Dh's grandma's name, she was such a beautiful woman, I love that name soo much but I couldn't give my daughter that name. It would be funny for the family I reackon.

My middle name is Elizabeth  And I'm Sarah. Not many Sarah's around these day's. Totally a 80's 90's baby name.

Found a boys name. YAY! we were watching a tv programme and the people had a baby and DH and I said it at the same time, we were like done. Now for a middle name to match.

Sarah Mum to,
Boy 07/2008, Girl 03/2010, Boy 05/2012, Angel 07/08/2014

RinTinTin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RinTinTin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2009 at 6:23pm

There are so many websites with Irish names.

here is one http://www.babynamesofireland.com

Edited by AmStaff

lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2009 at 2:31pm
Cole88 - Alexia Elizabeth is a mouthful and I hate to say it because I just looove the name Alexia! I think of the three Ella Elizabeth is the best combo. It sounds very pretty. But then it all depends on the last name as well. We had such a hard time trying to come up with a total of 4 names! We tried to keep the first and middle names short because DH's last name is Prestidge which is quite long. So We have Hazel Ada Prestidge and Esme Lily Prestidge.

TTC #3 since Jan 2010 - PCOS
MC April 2010

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2009 at 2:37pm
I like Paige Elizabeth, but thats probably cos I like the name Paige

Jess439 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess439 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2009 at 4:27pm
I have lots of boys names but no girls names! For boy names I really like Blake or Jackson. Also I am stuck on wanting names that end with "e", only because my and DH's surname ends with "e" (no idea why that appeals!) So I like Jake and Kaine as well. I absolutely love Jade for a boy but DH hates it!

Haven't thought of middle names yet. If it's aboy, definitely something for my father who has passed away, so probably Paul or Joesph.

My mum is a primary school teacher and she has said it will be near impossible to come up with a name that she's not had with a child that has gone through her class! So best bet not to tell her I think!
Richie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2009 at 7:40pm
Hi ladies
I finally came up with a girls name that I loved... ive come up with a few so far but none that i love. DP is still stuck on Sophie but I know so many people with little girls called Sophie! Anyway, the name I have come up with is Isla..... I like it cause it uses the same letters as my name, Lisa But of course, DP hates it! I wish we could come up with a name we both like as easy as we did with the boys name! Lucky we still have a few more months to think about it lol
And yes, this means I've gone away from wanting an Irish girls name, they are all too tricky to spell / pronounce, even tho I love the names that have been suggested! The name Isla is from Scottish background which covers my scottish side of the family at least!
Melwin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2009 at 10:21pm
I would like to recommend My blooming belly. It is an ebook which comes with mp3 files which can be listened while doing other things. It is packed with information to help you through your pregnancy. Exercises for YOU During Pregnancy, Recognizing the Signs of Labor, Choosing that Special Name for Your Baby, Tips for a More Comfortable Pregnancy, Better Ways to Prepare for the New Baby, Signs and Symptoms of Miscarriage
J&Ls mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J&Ls mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2009 at 6:14pm
If we are blessed with another wee babe we already have names picked out

If we have a girl her middle name will be Averil (my mums middle name). Her 1st name we are keeping a secret from everyone as we aren't sure people will like it!

If we have a boy he will be Lachlan (my uncle passed away from a brain tumor before i was born and this is his middle name) James (another family name on my side)

Jorja's middle name is Catherine (MIL's middle name)
J - born 26th April 2008
and
L - born 3rd Sept 2010

Babynamelover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babynamelover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2009 at 9:31pm
We have picked our names out but are keeping them secret. I love old fashioned baby names :)

http://babynamelover.wordpress.com/
sweets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2009 at 3:44pm
We found our girls names so easily......but couldn't find any boys names at all (which according to MIL meant it was a girl)
Then we went for our scan and low and behold it's a boy so the name search began!

I was getting quite worked up about it because (each to their own I know) I really hate the idea of waiting for weeks on end to name him after he is born!

Then when I gave up & stopped discussing it with everyone - it came to me!

I really jumped the fence though because I used to be adamant that we WOULD NOT name him before he was out, and would definitely wait until we see him.........but we've been calling him his name for more then three weeks now. We have some back up names, just in case it really doesn't fit - but it really just feels right (it's hard to explain!)

We decided to keep it a secret as everyone already knows the sex, and so far I've only managed to tell 2 people
Which is an accomplishment for me!

His first name is normally used as a surname though, and I've never actually met anyone with it as a first name but oh well!
I think some family members will have a few snarky things to say behind our backs.....but I really couldn't give a toss because we love it!

Edited by Melissa19

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2009 at 4:06pm
Both times i've had my babies names sorted long before they were born (in my son's case , before he was even concieved )
IMO , babies grow into their names anyway , and if they start off with a name , its hard to think of them as anything else

RinTinTin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RinTinTin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2009 at 4:32pm

The boys version of mackenzie means son of a wise leader. Just wondering if anyone knows, is it the "Mac" part that means  "son of".

I like the name Phaelan and mark likes the name Mackenzie (Mack for short) and I wanted to know if I could perhaps name baby Macphaelan/McPhaelan.

That way Mark gets the "mac" bit that he wants and I get Phaelan. Can I do that?

ETA: Just answered my own question. Looked through my baby name book and all the Irish boys names that begin with "mac" all mean "son of the...". So in theory is I named baby Macphaelan his name would mean "son of the wolf"

Edited by AmStaff

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>