FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTo all rhesus negative women – A Must Rea

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
Author
sandra134696 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandra134696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2013 at 5:21pm
I never knew about silent bleeds.my midwife doesn't tell me much other than that I am fit and shouldn't have any problems.
As a first time mum that's not really reassuring.
I would have liked her to tell me more about what could go wrong.
But guess I am over thinking things.
Sponsored Links

Pitter patter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pitter patter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2013 at 5:24pm
Sandra is yr partner RH +? It is only.a problem if he is. Just keep it in mind if you have any bleeding or have a big knock like a car accident, not that that is going to happen! It should be fine though, don't worry :-)

TTC number 2 since April 2011
MC Nov 12
Formally Mamma2one
Lease243 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lease243 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2013 at 7:32pm
Hmm.. I wonder If I should have something because of my MC... Really need to get that antibodies blood test done on monday I guess...
Angel Baby Nov '13
BFP Dec '13 DD1 born July 2014 at 35 weeks

Mrs. Sinclair April '17
TTC #2 since May '17
Pitter patter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pitter patter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2013 at 8:54pm
Fx all absolutely fine in yr antibodies test lease :-)

TTC number 2 since April 2011
MC Nov 12
Formally Mamma2one
sandra134696 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandra134696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2013 at 8:01pm
We are not sure what my partner is.
Guess we will find out when bubs decides
Its time to come.I have decided not to worry
And just enjoy the last weeks of the pregnancy
mumoftwins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumoftwins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2014 at 9:34am
Originally posted by Lease243 Lease243 wrote:

Hi There, I am Rhesus negative, I am not pregnant yet, still waiting to TTC but was wondering if a Rhesus negative pregnancy is counted as high risk? Do you get any additional help or medical professionals because of it or can a midwife cover it on their own? Thanks

I realise this is a year old post but thought I'd answer anyway for any newcomers.....

Being RH- isn't a medical condition that requires any additional care during pregnancy. It is not considered a high risk pregnancy and rarely causes any problems.
If you are RH- and the babies father is RH+ then you will have your blood checked for antibodies at 12, 28 wks and at birth.
If you have any bleeding at all you should receive the anti-D injection within 72 hrs to prevent anti-D antibodies forming. You will also receive one after birth IF baby has RH+ blood.

Being RH- is only an issue during pregnancy if you have a baby with RH+ blood and you develop antibodies. Subsequent pregnancies will then be monitored more closely to keep a check on antibody levels and babies health.
Bridget Lisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by mumoftwins mumoftwins wrote:

I realise this is a year old post but thought I'd answer anyway for any newcomers.....

Being RH- isn't a medical condition that requires any additional care during pregnancy. It is not considered a high risk pregnancy and rarely causes any problems.
If you are RH- and the babies father is RH+ then you will have your blood checked for antibodies at 12, 28 wks and at birth.
If you have any bleeding at all you should receive the anti-D injection within 72 hrs to prevent anti-D antibodies forming. You will also receive one after birth IF baby has RH+ blood.

Being RH- is only an issue during pregnancy if you have a baby with RH+ blood and you develop antibodies. Subsequent pregnancies will then be monitored more closely to keep a check on antibody levels and babies health.

Thanks for sharing this very important and informative information. You answered most of my questions without asking.
mumoftwins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumoftwins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2015 at 11:07pm
Hi Bridget......I replied to your post in the twins section Congrats to your sister!

If you have any more questions regarding this just post here......I check here fairly regularly and will do my best to help.
Not sure how much you have read, but most of what you would need to know is here in the thread..... and anything else you need to know, she should ask the OB or midwife.

If your sister is RH- and babies father is RH+ then her MW/OB need to know. She should let them know asap if she has any bleeding so she can have the anti-D jab.

Aita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2015 at 9:28am
Hi all
I live in Auckland and I'm rhesus negative and DH is positive, we are having our first baby. I would like to have the routine anti-d injections. I've been told that ADHB doesn't provide/fund them. Have any of you been in the same situation? How did you go about getting them? When I spoke to my M/W she din't seem to know. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks
*Sara* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Sara* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2015 at 10:17am
You only get the anti-d injections if you have have any bleeding, and then after your baby is born.
Aita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2015 at 10:32am
Hi Sara*,

I'm curious if you requested the routine injections and they were denied. I know that in parts of NZ and also privately in Auckland these injections do get offered if you are rhesus negative.

Thanks
*Sara* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Sara* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2015 at 8:38pm
No I have never requested any only had them after a MC, after an amnio and after birth. I think they may check if you need one during preg, with one of the routine 3rd trimester bloods?
*Sara* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Sara* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2015 at 11:46am
Originally posted by Aita Aita wrote:

Hi all
I live in Auckland and I'm rhesus negative and DH is positive, we are having our first baby. I would like to have the routine anti-d injections. I've been told that ADHB doesn't provide/fund them. Have any of you been in the same situation? How did you go about getting them? When I spoke to my M/W she din't seem to know. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks

Ok i saw my midwife this morning, and i'm now getting one this afternoon      she said they are offered at 28w and 30-somthing weeks. So it sounds like something your MW should know about / look into for you!
Aita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2015 at 1:21pm
Hi Sara*,

Great to know that your MW is assisting you with getting the routine injections and that rhesus neg woman have the choice in Auckland. I'll be seeing my MW again next week and I hope she's more knowledgeable and helpful this time.

Hope the injection doesn't hurt too much...

I'm very sorry to heard about your MC.

Take care
Aita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2015 at 8:45am
Hi

I thought I'll post an update on my case. I'm had my MW appoint and she is still none the wiser and she doesn't know how I'll get the anti-d prophylactic injections :-(

She told me that she can prescribe them to me and I can get them from NZ Blood but she doesn't know where/who will administer them. I have another appointment with her in 2 weeks and I hope she has find out by then.

I'm in Auckland by the way.
Cheers
*Sara* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Sara* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2015 at 8:51am
Gosh thats odd Aita! My MW gave me mine at the hospital last month, and my previous have been at the Maternity Assessment Unit at the Hospital. So the hospital seems the most likely place you would be able to get them, and you would think easily enough! I wonder if there is anyone you could call and ask, your Dr or the hospital?
Aita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2015 at 9:05am
Hi Sara, are you in Auckland?
I initially (back in September) asked my GP and she spoke to the National Womens hospital in Auckland. They told her (and sent us written communication confirming the following) that because these injections (prophylactic) are not funded by ADHB then they are unable to provide them to me.
Wellybaby86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wellybaby86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2015 at 1:45pm
hi ladies, just chiming in on this convo. I found I was RH- during a Drs appt (for something non pregnancy related) when I was maybe around 12 weeks? I asked my midwife and she didn't seem too concerned. She said that there are vaccinations but NZ DHB's do not fund them because they are so expensive. She did not suggest I need the 28 week one, just a shot after birth after testing if baby is + or -. I am still not 100% clear about the whole thing so this is interesting to read.. I am in Wellington.
Hoping to add to our family of 3 in 2017!!

Aita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2015 at 8:50am
An update from me... I finally got confirmation that I can receive the prophylactic injections. My m/w is going to give me a prescription and I have to collect the injection from NZ Blood and immediately return to her clinic for her to administer it.
*Sara* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Sara* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2015 at 3:14pm
Good news Aita, bit of a pain that you have to go get it, but glad you are able to get it done. I'm about to go for my 2nd jab next week @ 34w - i think my whooping cough jab arm, will have just stopped hurting by then haha!

WellyBaby I'm in Wellington too, odd what your MW said, i've never paid for any of mine! I'm getting 28w, 34w and then after birth.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>