FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTo all rhesus negative women – A Must Rea

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
Author
mumoftwins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumoftwins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 4:57pm
I've asked on several other forums for anyone's experience with this.....haven't found anyone yet!
(sorry if my wording was a bit off Nikki....by extreme I was meaning on the scale of symptoms...as in prem birth at one end and mild jaundice at the other)
If I find anyone else out there who has experienced this I'll send them over here!!
Sponsored Links

Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 5:20pm
So can blood complications just be caused if you're rhesus neg? I'm not and I don't think DH is either but I do find it fascinating!! In a strictly non-morbid sense!!!
My cousin had her first baby at 24 weeks and shes 8 now and while it wasn't due to those types of issues I remember how incredibly stressful it was so to have this added complication must make things alot more difficult.
Anyway thanks for the info Nikki - its good to know even if it doesn't directly concern me. I can now pass it on to anyone I meet who is in this situation.
NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 7:12pm
Thanks mumtotwins.

Babe, I know of one other blood disorder - I'm sure there are many others. I meet a lady (while I was having my IV treatment once a week, she was having the same treatment) her body caused her baby's blood to clot She lost her first baby at about 32 weeks gestation Thankfully, she's now got a very happy and healthy little girl. Apparently her condition is extremely rare.
A very lucky mummy to two gorgeous boys:
RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009
babyg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2009 at 9:52pm
I just wanted to come in and say that you are a star Nik and I think its wonderful that you are sharing what you know to help everyone. I've definitely learnt alot from reading so although it doesn't impact me directly - thank you. You rock

Edited by babyg
Ev, Mum to:
Carys Ruby - 4 October 2007
Spencer James - 2 July 2010
NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2010 at 9:15pm
Just wanted to bump this, as I want my message to get out there
RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009
magoogoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magoogoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 6:36pm
Thanks for this info. I am R H Neg and but had no issues in 1st pregnancy. I did get the Anti D after birth. I had a mc in October and had Anti D straight away. This pregnancy I think I will go for those extra injections although MW has said nothing about it. I do have an ob appointment in a few weeks so hopefully she tells me about them

Thanks again for this valuable information.

NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 6:54pm
You are more than welcome Good luck with this pregnancy.
RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 11:04am

I'm rhesus negative - when do you need to get the anti-d shots? During pregnancy or after your 1st.
We are TTC #1st full term baby but will be my 2nd pregnancy.

NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 11:38am
Caliandjack, best idea would be to talk to your MW or OB about it. The anti-d shots can be given during your pregnancy (at 28 weeks and 32 weeks) and after birth (anti-d is also given if you have any bleeds etc)

Good luck with TTC
RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 6:29pm
Im o-ve, and was talking to my MW about this at my appointment this week. She said that they are trying to introduce mandatory anti D at 28ish weeks, but there is bugger all available so you really have to push for it if you want it... It might just be my area (wellington), but yeah, its just what shes said....

+1 May 09 Angel
NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 7:49pm
Emmi, I've also heard that. Its your baby, push for it, if that's what you want.
RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009
lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2010 at 5:56pm
I am so going to get this! I have had Anti D with my m/c but will be requesting this at those three intervals now too. Emmi, you may have to remind me!
NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2010 at 6:31pm
Congrats lostAmber
RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009
lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2010 at 8:55am
Thanks Nikki. I want to keep bumping this thread so I don't forget about it lol.
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2010 at 9:02am
Originally posted by lostAmber lostAmber wrote:

I am so going to get this! I have had Anti D with my m/c but will be requesting this at those three intervals now too. Emmi, you may have to remind me!

if you mention it to your mw when you first see her she should put it in her notes and discuss it with you.

babyg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2010 at 7:26pm
Congratulations lostAmber - very stickiest of thoughts for you
Ev, Mum to:
Carys Ruby - 4 October 2007
Spencer James - 2 July 2010
lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 4:30pm
Okay, thanks Bizzy, will do this!

Thanks babyg, I too hope it's a sticky one!!
NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2010 at 7:18pm
bumped for you LostAmber (just in case you have forgotten to mention it to your mw)
RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009
MyLilSquishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyLilSquishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2010 at 10:37am
i got kicked in the stomach at work at about 24-25 weeks (learn to swim teacher) and ended up at the hospital for 2 nights with contraction type cramps. they didnt hesitate to give me Anti-D even though there was no sign of any bleeding anywhere. i would have demanded it if they hadnt given it to me though! (blood type is A-ve.) and i will be asking for it after my birth. its already on my birth plan and MW has already said she always gives it to Rh- women once they give birth, whether or not there is tearing or any other way she can see of blood moving between mum and bubs. so really glad i picked her now!

sending you all my good sticky vibes lostAmber!
Hunnybunny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hunnybunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2010 at 4:35pm
So I'm one of these ladies, lucky me

Whats the point in having the jabs at 28 and 32 weeks?

I thought it was just a injection after giving birth, so the 2 injections at 28 and 32 weeks, are they as well as the jab after birth, or instead of?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>