FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFave girly movie??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
FionaO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fave girly movie??
    Posted: 21 September 2009 at 9:09pm
Ok,

So DH was away recently which meant I could watch movies, he would just moan all the way through and it got me thinking, what are your fave girly/romantic/cheesy/weepy films, they may not be cool but you just got to love them.

One of the ones I watched was dirty dancing, haven't watched it in years and it was bloomin brilliant.

][/URL]

Sponsored Links

Aquarius View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2009 at 9:24pm
i wouldnt mind seeing dirty dancing again.
has anyone seen the movie 'love actually'...i recommend it highly.

mum to mr 16 & mr 10
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2009 at 9:30pm
Mean Girls - I that movie.

M2K View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2009 at 9:47pm
my chick flick is The Sweetest Thing

littleLittle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littleLittle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2009 at 10:10pm
Dirty Dancing is going to be on Prime on Wednesday night at 7.30pm. Saw it advertised today....
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 7:33am
I've got Love Actually, and I like Pride and Prejudice, and most of the Jane Austen movies, she wrote women really well.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
ButterflyMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ButterflyMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 8:24am
notebook dirty dancing pearl harbour titanic I am such a girly movie fan.

susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 8:28am
love actually
the banger sisters
susie
FionaO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 8:46am
the notebook was goooooood.

Love actually is a fave of mine.

Ok which ones can you watch hundreds of times over?

][/URL]

jaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 9:00am
not so much a girly movie (because my DH loves it!!) but Princess Bride is great.

Turtle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 10:03am
Definetly Love Actually, and another old favourite is Fried Green Tomatoes.
TingTing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TingTing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 10:55am
Loved Dirty Dancing growing up and still love that movie - haven't seen Fried Green Tomatoes in ages (good movie too).

Always loved Grease too (only the first one though!)
Treen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 11:35am
If you have a sister, watch In her Shoes.

And then:

Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, Life as a House, Beaches, Life is Beautiful and The Colour Purple.
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 12:35pm
Why is it that everyone loves dirty dancing and I can't stand it? lol
caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 12:37pm
How to lose a guy in ten days and Love Actually (thats actually one of my favourite movies overall )

Aprilfools View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aprilfools Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 12:55pm
Steel Magnolias - along with most of the ones above.

jaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 1:13pm
*snap* Aprilfools I saw that some one had just posted Fried Green Tomatoes and I was trying to remember the name of Steel Magnolias - makes me bawl every time

lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 1:36pm
Dirty dancing fan here! I have it on DVD. Before having kids my best mate & I would have hangover mornings together and watch it lol.

Also am a huge fan of Love Actually, The notebook & Memoirs of a geisha (which is the only movie I have seen that came out exactly as I pictured when I read the book)

TTC #3 since Jan 2010 - PCOS
MC April 2010
kiwisj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwisj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 1:46pm
My favourite chick flicks are Love, Actually, Serendipity and Dirty Dancing. Before Callum I used to make DH watch all of them with me too    In her Shoes is quite good but I WAY preferred the book.
heaf3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heaf3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 2:24pm
ohhh i have waaaay too many lol

the notebook, titanic, bridget jones diary, pride and prejudice, mona lisa smile, the holiday, grease, mamma mia, step up, bring it on, pearl harbour, flyboys, 10 things i hate about you

ummm why can you never think of things when you need to??
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>