FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSeptember 2010 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 404405406407>
Author
MumtoMany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MumtoMany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2012 at 10:14am
Quinn is really full on. I am not looking foward to when he goes into a bed. If i turn my back for a moment he would have climbed onto the table and then climb onto the bench open his neocate and tip it onto the floor if i have left it on the bench. Then he climbs onto the back of the sofer pushes the window open and throws anything he can out it. If i leave a washing basket in the living room waiting to be folded it will be all over the living room. Oh and just now he got his truck pushed it over toward the dvd player stood on it opend the dvd player and took DD's dvd out that she was watching.

Does anyone else have a full on child like this? Im going alittle crazy here lol

Edited by MumtoMany
DD 12 DS 9.5 DD 6 DS 4 DD 23 months and here comes number 6

Sponsored Links

AzzaNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzzaNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2012 at 10:50am
MumtoMany I've just been assuming its a boy thing. They are little whirlwinds!

On the weekend Emmett drew all over the walls and then ate the crayons. He likes to throw stuff, thump stuff and jump on/off stuff. We have installed a new lock on the front door because he lets himself out and we can no longer open most of the windows because he grabs the windowsill and uses it as leverage to climb up and over... and its a 1 storey drop to the ground.

Mischievous and hard work they are but loads of fun.

http://intermittentblogger.wordpress.com
MumtoMany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MumtoMany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2012 at 10:52am
Thanks Azze i think it is a boy thing. My almost 7 year old was not as bad as Quinn is but then Quinn is number 4. He has older brothers and sisters to watch lol. He is loads of fun. Love them all to bits
DD 12 DS 9.5 DD 6 DS 4 DD 23 months and here comes number 6

squiggly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squiggly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2012 at 4:46pm
Hey guys, I havent been on Ohbaby for a while now, I was in the due oct 10 babies but my daughter came 2 weeks early, so shes a sept baby, do you guys mind if i come join you in here?? lol and since majority of groups move over to fb do you guys have one or just chat in here??
AzzaNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzzaNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2012 at 9:58am
Hey squiggly - of course you can join us here!

My Sept baby came 5 weeks early so I am on both the august and september threads.

We do have a facebook group but its not very active, send a request and we'll add you? https://www.facebook.com/groups/115419638491218/

I think everyone has gotten super busy!

squiggly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squiggly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2012 at 8:24pm
Hey, thanks, you do get super busy aye! my baby girl Isabella, (we call her Ella) is a busy little monkey, completly different to my Older son. I will check out the facebook page. :) so where are people from???
AzzaNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzzaNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2012 at 8:35pm
I'm in Auckland.

How old is your son?

squiggly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squiggly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2012 at 8:37pm
My boy is 4 turning 5 in september.
im in hawkes bay.
MrsJMcD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsJMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2012 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by MumtoMany MumtoMany wrote:

Quinn is really full on. I am not looking foward to when he goes into a bed. If i turn my back for a moment he would have climbed onto the table and then climb onto the bench open his neocate and tip it onto the floor if i have left it on the bench. Then he climbs onto the back of the sofer pushes the window open and throws anything he can out it. If i leave a washing basket in the living room waiting to be folded it will be all over the living room. Oh and just now he got his truck pushed it over toward the dvd player stood on it opend the dvd player and took DD's dvd out that she was watching.

Does anyone else have a full on child like this? Im going alittle crazy here lol

YES! Harrison is equally active and similarly obsessed with his neocate tims at the moment..cheeky to boot, pushing boundaries like nobody's business! I'm about to start taking him to toddler gymnastics to get him climbing on things other than our furniture!
HollyP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2012 at 9:31am
I can cope with the climbing, but now the temper tantrums have started as well... . waking up in the middle of the night for no reason then lieing on the floor kicking and screaming for 20 minutes before he'll let anyone near him. My sweet natured cruisy little boy has been replaced by an angry toddler. Wouldnt mind if I knew what sets him off, but it can honestly be anything. Then as soon as it started it's finished and my lovely boy is back.

Anyone got any suggestions on what to do ????

AzzaNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzzaNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2012 at 10:25am
Holly, are you sure its not night terrors?

DD started getting them around this age and she'd flip out at night but without actually being awake.

Not much we could do other than make sure she was safe and comfortable and wait for it to be over.

MrsJMcD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsJMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2012 at 11:03am
maybe that's what's been happening with Harrison - 'waking' for no apparant reason then packing a massive tanty when we try to put him back to bed....

Toddlers go through a clingy/separation anxiety phase about 2, right? I'm noticing that with Harrison at the moment - not so much when I drop him at daycare, but just around the house...needing to know where I am at all times, wanting me to be the one to put him to bed and screaming if DH does it etc. I'm trying to give him as much of my time as I can because any day now that game changes big time!
Catgirl5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catgirl5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2012 at 11:10am
Holly - here are some things I do with my grandson to avoid/cope with tantrums:

1. Explain what you want them to do or what happening etc so no suprises
2. Distraction - with food toys etc
3. Ignore them until they stop (making sure safe etc)
4. Choose your battles - if not that important give in and give them what they wanted. Not all the time but sometimes it is the best option lol
5. Try to keep them to a routine to avoid over tiredness or hunger as this makes it worse.
6. Walk away if too much for you and/or get help when having to do things like food shopping etc. At the moment I look after my grandson at my place while my daughter does her food shopping rather than going together like we used to, to avoid tantrums in the supermarket.

This stage does pass and the best of luck
HollyP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2012 at 8:50am
Thanks,I think he was getting a bit over hungry/tired coming home from daycare. I gave him a snack as soon as we got home last night and he was in a great mood all evening.

I think maybe it's because he knows a baby is coming soon and he's getting grumpy about not being picked up as much as before, and Mum being asleep most of the time.

I've heard of night terrors, but I didnt really know what it was - would explain the inconsolable crying at 3am !

blossombaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blossombaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2012 at 9:52pm
Wow havnt posted here in ages - Can't believe our babies are nearly 2!
We are an extremely good talker here her daycare compare her to the 3.5year old in terms of words and use of them. Like a sponge now they pick up everything!!!!! She also has really good manners without being promted which is fab!
I came on to ask is any one else having trouble dressing there todlers .. its an absolute nightmare here some times she does to bed in what she wore during the day and we ahve to sort her out in her sleep, she lives to chose what she wear so i have managed to sort 2 outfits for the day and let her pick. Somedays she just wont us take her pjs off! drives me
no night terrors here but is having dreams - "i saw flying ducks in my sleep mum" haha
AzzaNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzzaNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2012 at 9:38am
hey blossombaby, she sounds very cute!!

DS is much slower to talk than DD was. We're up to stringing 3 words together but no further yet.

Its hard to get him to keep any clothes on at all - no matter how cold it is he strips off. He's become very defiant and I hear "NO!" a lot. Battling to do things like brush his teeth... he runs off with the toothbrush yelling "No! Emmett's teeth!". Would be ok if he actually brushed instead of just sucking the toothpaste off.

How is everyone going with toilet-training and weaning off bottles?

We havent started either yet.

blossombaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blossombaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2012 at 1:26pm
Oh we stuck the paste off here as well ... Shes weaned herself off a bottle at daycare but she lives a bottle for her day sleep at home or at her grannys and always askes for her night bottle. im not to bothered about the botle thing i'd prefer to know shes having a good amount of milk myself and dp dont do hot drinks/milk etc so if we weaned her we would prob forget to give her any
Def know whens shes done poos here and tells us stright away ... bit hard to toilet train atm because shes at daycare during the week and 1 day with each of our mums .. i have a couple of weeks of in sept mgiht give it a go then otherwise mostly will have to wait to dec/xmas as prefer to go cold turkey from day nappies and will all be a bit confusing for her i guess.
Mrs_R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2012 at 2:24pm
Hi everyone, it's been aaages since I was in here, so just bee catching up on all that's been happening! Congrats vixgirl & dango! Not long to go now for you MrsJMcD - very exciting!!

Things have got super-busy here - Dylan is now at daycare 3 days a week, while I work from home making & selling jewellery. He's totally full on, but very adorable at the same time. He and Liam (my 4 1/2 yr old) are pretty inseperable when they're at home together and generally get on great. His favourite word is "cuddle", which he shouts until he gets one, hehe. He thinks he can do everything his big brother can, so he's a bit of a dangermouse jumping off things, etc! No plans at all for a third baby here - we always said two children, and even though I'd dearly love a wee girl having three children just isn't practical for us (+ there's no guarantees re gender of course!)

Anyway, will try and remember to pop in here a wee bit more often x Mrs_R
AzzaNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzzaNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2012 at 2:26pm
Mrs_R, Dylan sounds adorable! I love that he asks for cuddles!

Do Liam & Dylan fight at all? I'm having lots of arguments between my 5 year old and Emmett

Mrs_R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2012 at 2:29pm
Hi Azza! Yeah, we have to deal with a few scraps - mainly over who had what toy first and when one wants the toy the other already has... a while back I had to work quite hard to get Liam to stop whacking Dylan everytime he annoyed him - luckily he seems to be doing it less!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 404405406407>