FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSeptember 2010 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 405406407
Author
HollyP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2012 at 10:36am
Went to a talk by a sleep therapist last night, and I feel so much better now. She said to look at your child as a whole, if they are happy and healthy you are doing a great job, and in the scheme of things sleep is only a minor part of the whole.

Re the night tantrums, apparently it's just a phase at this age and you just have to wait for it to be over - there is no strategy, just ride out the storm and comfort them once they let you.

She did also say though that at two their appetite drops off, so at dinner time avoid raw fruit and veg as they fill up on it, and then they are not hungry for the high carb and protien stuff they should be having to keep their tummy's full all night. Two year olds often start night waking again which is often put down to the 'terrible twos' but they are actually hungry.

Got some other strategies to try as well so got a big weekend planned !

Sponsored Links

lisame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2012 at 10:51am
Hey blossom - re. dressing, LOL, have a look at the thread i posted on the toddler branch about two months ago about exactly that topic!

M is a bit of a climber, I think, but then I see what our friends' 20 mth old is up to and I realise that she's actually not at all. The stuff he gets up to is crazy.

We've not had too much trouble with sleep lately, knock on wood. Especially considering we've had a 3 week trip to the UK.

Not too many tantrums here but I'm sure they will come.
lisame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2012 at 10:56am
PS congrats Dango, she is gorgeous. Just catching up.
MrsJMcD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsJMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2012 at 9:30pm
Holly that was really useful, thanks for sharing. Bedtime is getting worse not better for us, and night waking too...but that could be partly to do with the fact that DS is now a big brother. We welcomed Hugo a week ago today. Harrison is coping remarkably well with all the changes but I think reality is kicking in for him now and he's a little put out.
lisame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2012 at 9:51am
congrats on Hugo Mrs J! Can we have a photo on FB please?!
MumtoMany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MumtoMany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2012 at 4:08pm
A Late Happy 2nd birthday to Emmett. Wow where have the last 2 years gone? Our babies are babies no more. I hope you had a fantastic day we man.
DD 12 DS 9.5 DD 6 DS 4 DD 23 months and here comes number 6

AzzaNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzzaNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2012 at 5:24pm
Thanks MumtoMany! He had an awesome birthday, loved being the centre of attention.

I posted 2 pics in the August thread but will post them here too...

Here's a pic of my two blowing out candles on Emmett's birthday:

And one of the birthday boy:

http://intermittentblogger.wordpress.com
MumtoMany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MumtoMany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2012 at 8:01pm
Ah he is soooooo cute Azza and so is his big sister. Looks like he had a fantastic day

HollyP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2012 at 2:50pm
Happy birthday to my wee man for tomorrow, two already !

4 weeks until No 2 arrives eeek !!!

MumtoMany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MumtoMany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2012 at 4:23pm
HollyP
Happy birthday to your little boy today. 2 years has gone so super fast. Not long till your new we one arrives. All the best with everything hun.

AzzaNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzzaNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2012 at 7:02pm
Happy Birthday to your little man HollyP!

http://intermittentblogger.wordpress.com
MumtoMany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MumtoMany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2012 at 3:05pm
My little boy is 2 tomorrow. Its gone soooo fast Slow down we man

He loves boots and even take's his gumboots to bed with him. Love's playing outside and getting into everything. Love's cars and anything boyish. And most of all loves his oldest sister and follow's her everywhere

A real hard case we boy. Will add a pic of him tomorrow.

vixgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vixgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2012 at 8:08pm

Congrats Dango!!

Happy birthday to all the bubbies over the next few weeks xxx

Yay, congrats MumtoMany !!!!

lisame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2012 at 4:49pm
happy 2nd birthdays to all the little ones... We had a birthday party yesterday and she was soooo excited and had so much fun with all the people around! Where have the last two years gone?!
Séraphine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Séraphine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2012 at 3:31pm
HollyP - update please!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 405406407