FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe Chat Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 105106107108>
Author
sem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2010 at 7:27am
Awwwww, such a cutie! She looks really comfy in her sling too.
Here we go again, another baby on it's way!
Sponsored Links

lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2010 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Babykatnz Babykatnz wrote:

Awww, shes gorgeous!! She looks so perfect! Bet you already knew that one though

she looks so grown up when dressed in little clothes like that- want to say slow down already lol.
lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2010 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by susyl susyl wrote:

Awwwww, such a cutie! She looks really comfy in her sling too.

I love the pouch sling though am not a fan of that particular one. It is a bit small for me and it's kind of a stiff fabric. I really want to get a nestlings merino one, but it's near impossible to do so- they don't have a website per say, just a blog spot with a couple of vendors, but when you go to their sites you can't find them- so frustrating!!
Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2010 at 6:46am
Amber you should join slingbabies or your local baby wearing group then you can try on all the different carriers people have hehe  I've not yet managed to get to a meeting but we have a Moby and a Kozy anyway and I've tried quite a few friends ones..it's amazing how different they all are and how comfy some are and some aren't iykwim? We had a Natures Sway but it was hopeless (for us)...yet others love them. Go figure!

Birdie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Birdie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2010 at 8:35am
Congrats on the safe arrival of wee Catherine, Fleur. I saw the pics on FB and she is gorgeous!

Olivia is such a cutie LA, and I know what you mean about them looking so grown up in some clothes, i had Em in a skirt and top this weekend and she looked so grown up!! Will have to post a pic!
Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2010 at 10:35am
Know what you mean LA, I have a pic of Jae at about 8 weeks old wearing a little tracksuit, and she looks much older Thats why this one has lots of 'baby' clothes, and not much miniature 'real' clothes... I want it to stay a baby for as long as possible!

Not sure if your making the hike up here for P&C show, but slingbabies have a stall this year, I plan on going and hopefully having a play with what they have (Hoping they'll have brought the 'library' with them!) and all going well, will probably attempt to make my own moby-style wrap, and probably a pouch sling (search 'dulce and zoet' I think its called on trademe, thats the style I'm looking at) for in and out of the car etc
Brandon - 05/12/2003

sem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2010 at 4:43pm
Oh I love the look of these dulce and zoet slings! Maybe I should go the the P&C show after all to have a play with them. I noticed they come in different sizes.
I got a monkey sling from Farmers (it was half price...) so thought I'd give that one a go. I think the strap can be adjusted so DH can possibly wear it as well.
lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2010 at 10:06am
babykat, when is the show? I like the look of the D&C slings too susi, and is most likely going to be my choice of pick.

birdie, where is that pic? show off your princess!

Here is my poppet under the activity gym yesterday:

Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2010 at 10:27am
This coming Friday through Sunday at the ASB showgrounds in Greenlane. Entry fee $15, but I found with all the samples and show deals etc, it was worth the entry fee last year, luckily I got a free pass for this year so def worth going now lol!

The only prob with the D&Z slings is it has to be measured to fit YOU, and isnt really one that can be used by anyone else (eg your DP/DH) unless they are the same size as you. Apparently Ring slings are similar concept, but adjustable to fit anyone... not sure if I like the look and how that large metal ring would feel sitting on/in front of the shoulder though Annnd THIS is why i really hope the slingbabies stall will have their library of slings with them lol! Need somewhere to try before i buy!
Brandon - 05/12/2003

RachFizz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RachFizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2010 at 10:41am
Dunno where to post this but wanna say my congrats to Fleur and Hubby !!
TTC#1 since Apr11
On hold for study!

lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2010 at 1:43pm
Okay, i'm definitely going to go up and check everything out. My DH wouldn't wear baby in anything less than a backpack when she is older I don't imagine, so it only has to fit me. I too don't like the look of the ring sling, and given my bony prominant collarbone, I won't be purchasing one lol.
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2010 at 1:52pm
Going to head along to the next sling babies meeting next Friday see what will work for Catherine and I.

We're doing well she's feeding fantastically and Dh has been incredibly supportive don't know what I'd do without him.

Hoping the miracle blanket and dream wrap will help with her 3.30am waking up time and help her sleep.
She keeps coming unwrapped and getting over tired and upset.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
sem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2010 at 4:08pm
Very cute pics LA!
When are you planning on coming up? I'd love to catch up. I think I'll be heading to the show on Friday morning, hoping to avoid crowds and while my feet are not tired and worn out!

But in saying that I also don't mind not going and being in labour instead. Don't think this will happen though. Maybe all the walking at the show will eventuate in something...

As much as I like the look of the D&Z slings my worries are also the fact that it will only fit me. But in saying that I don't actually know if DH will wear her. Haven't had that conversation yet. I just love all the differnt fabrics and colours they have!
Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2010 at 7:12pm
I'm going Friday morning too! Plan is to drop B off at school, duck home and wait for the 9am rush hour traffic to die down, then shoot up to greenlane, prob around 9.30-10am must remember to get money for parking as well as spending money!
Brandon - 05/12/2003

lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2010 at 2:13pm
maybe i will come up tomorrow then! couldn't tell you my leaving time tho, that would depend on wen O. woke and fed. i could text you in the morning tho
heaf3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heaf3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2010 at 12:10pm
Congrats to Susyl!!!
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2010 at 2:58pm
congrats susyl!!

+1 May 09 Angel
lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2010 at 3:40pm
yay susi!!
MrsMJD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMJD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2010 at 4:04pm

Seriously!!!! Yay Susi.

Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2010 at 9:52pm
The pics on FB are so cute!! Shes such a wee doll!

Looks like you got what you wished for (baby pics instead of bump pics )

C&J in the Auck no friends thread some of us are meeting at Western Springs playground on Friday 12th at about 10.30 if that suits you? (weather permitting of course!)
Brandon - 05/12/2003

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 105106107108>