FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedApplication Essay

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
MissCandice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Application Essay
    Posted: 22 February 2010 at 1:46pm
I am struggling with what to write! This is like the only thing that worries me, not getting in.

I am writing my application essay to get into Midwifery next year, my cells tutor said if i write it, he will edit it and help with the final touches. I dont even know where to start!
~ Mummy to a beautiful girl ~
Sponsored Links

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2010 at 1:59pm
maybe you could try writing it as a letter to a friend about why you want to become a midwife... the thoughts might flow easier then you can change it around. once you start writing it will be easier... what was the first thing that made you think you wanted to go down this path?... write that down and go from there.... good luck!

GuestGuest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GuestGuest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2010 at 2:04pm
What Bizzy said and also what qualities/ traits you have that would make you a good MW with examples of these. Good luck, sounds exciting!
Chickoin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickoin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2010 at 2:15pm
Ew, I HATE writing essays too. I usually start with bullet points of everything I want to say.
Put them in some sort of logical order and try to make something from there.
Good luck!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2010 at 2:18pm
It was having a baby that made me want to become a midwife..

Im going to class early today so i can sit in the library and concentrate.
blondy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2010 at 2:59pm
Sometimes I find it helps to make a list (or bullet points) first of everything you want to include in the essay, and then see how all those things might fit together in the essay. That way you can link common ideas together, and it can help everything flow IYGWIM? Good luck!
LuluBelle85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuluBelle85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2010 at 5:26pm
Also... CPIT usually have about 3 questions surrounding the profession that they like you to answer... I haven't seen the application form for this year, but when I applied we had to do them. (2008) So it's good if you can chuck in some references about them.

I don't envy you... it took me all of pre-health right up to the application deadline to write mine... it was so hard to put my reasons into words.

Good luck :)
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2010 at 9:08pm
Write bullet points, then group them together into 3-4 parts. Talk about what you can offer the profession more than what it can do for you.

Good luck - I hate essay writing when it's about yourself!
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2010 at 9:36pm
Don't say it's because you like babies! Seriously though just think about what will make you a good midwife and include all the life experience you have had that backs this up.

I starting writing mine quite early and worked on it for ages just adding bits as I thought of them. Also do a bit of research into the history of midwifery in NZ (Mum's the word by Sue Kedgeley is a good book for that) and look at the handbook for practice by NZCOM which is in the tech library.

Good luck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2010 at 11:55am
Man! I am still trying to write this!

I have been sitting here an hour and its just not coming to me. I know why i want to be a midwife, but to write it in a way that doesnt seem dumb is hard.

The 3 questions are:

A)     State why you want to become a midwife, including personal qualities and relevant aspects from your life experiences which you would bring to the midwifery profession.
B)     Describe where you see midwifery in the wider context of Womens health and what you consider significant issues are for midwifery practise in New Zealand
C)     Describe how your background has prepared you to work in a profession that provides midwifery services to diverse population.

Its question B that i am having the most difficulty with

Edited by Kandice
girly_girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote girly_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2010 at 12:11pm
Kandice, just get the ideas down hun, don't worry about how they sound at this point. If you are worried about vocabulary and construction, flick it my way and I can do some editing for you if you want, or can lend some constructive feedback (I'm a teacher on maternity leave). The most important part for you to get going with is to get your ideas down, because only you know what it is you want to say.

Good luck hun!

ETA: in response to your edit: Think about what role you think midwifery plays in women's health (why do you think its important etc etc) and what challenges there are, think about the pro's, con's and interesting points to midwifery in this section. Its more to get you to communicate that you are knowledgable about midwifery and have done some reading... HTH

Edited by girlygirl

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2010 at 12:16pm
I think its the way the question is worded that had me.

Thanks girlygirl, I really appreciate it!
girly_girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote girly_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2010 at 12:19pm
No problem hun, any other help I can give just shout , happy to help x
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2010 at 12:29pm
try doing it verbally first - record it, and then transcribe it - that might get you some ideas. Put the ideas down on post-it notes after that. Now play with the order using the post it notes. when you have an order that looks good, use that as the structure.

For each paragraph, just put your point, then explain what you mean, and then give a couple of examples. Look it over and give to three people - check they understand what you mean. Now check spelling, grammar etc.   And thats it. Essays are NOT scary - just the simplist way of getting your messag across. they just SEEM scary/ And don't fall into the trap of using the most complicated vocab possible - formal writing is best when simple.
bun_in_the_oven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bun_in_the_oven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2010 at 8:06pm
i too considered going into midwifery.... Hmmm

have a break... read a magazine and give your brain 10min to think about something else... then come back to it..

Bullet points
star charts/mind maps

they are usually a good starting point.

Good Luck - You can do it !

Charly265728 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charly265728 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2020 at 7:26am
children are our greatest treasure. I am glad for many in this world. I hope that we will bring up a worthy generation. And they write a lot of interesting things here https://writingpro.org/ I ordered an article congratulations for my sister
Chorhe265854 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chorhe265854 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2020 at 12:57pm
Hi guys, and who in general likes to write essays, this is a lot of wasted time. I have a lot of other things to do, I am young and handsome, but I will never finish university. My child will be born soon, and I'm still learning, I needed to make custom college papers, I contacted https://www.advancedwriters.com/college-papers.html, bought the finished work online, this service helped me a lot. If I have difficulties in my studies, I always use the services of such sites, it is very convenient and saves a lot of time, just before adulthood I want to have a little more fun, then there will be no such opportunities.
Solid265934 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solid265934 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2020 at 5:18pm
Modern education is now available to everyone, but this does not mean that learning has become easier. Yes, we have many electronic libraries and various supporting resources, but the requirements and responsibilities are also greater. I use the service essay writer to write my essays perfectly. I'm in a difficult situation when I need a lot of money, but I don't have time to study. It helps a lot.
Mike264524 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike264524 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2021 at 5:14am
Super great post! I also want to recommend to everyone who wants to read a similar site, where there is a writemypapertoday.org lot of information on this topic.
Jason265435 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason265435 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2021 at 2:45pm
Hey! At present days learners should buy their assignments to get the highest grades without unnecessary pressure and efforts. If you'll choose this writing web company to order tasks online, then your essays would be written by first-rate pro nursing writer and with low prices. At the end of the result you will get high A+ mark.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>