FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSteam Mops - are they any good?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
emachan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Steam Mops - are they any good?
    Posted: 04 March 2010 at 2:07pm
As I was mopping the floor today with the good old bucket and sponge mop, I wondered about Steam Mops and wondered if they were worth the money you paid for them and if they actually work?

DD#1 Sept 08
DD#2 Oct 09
Sponsored Links

MrsEmma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsEmma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2010 at 2:11pm
I bought a Shark Steam Mop and I love it! I had wanted one for a while and hoped it worked as well as they said on TV and IMO it does! It's great, I don't have to 'scrub' at the floor like with a normal mop, everything comes up so easily.

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2010 at 2:31pm
I soooo want one but can't justify the expense at the mo
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2010 at 2:32pm
They look really good, mum was going to get one a while ago, and I would love one, but like kebakat, I cant justify the expense at the moment either :(

Jay_R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jay_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2010 at 2:42pm
I so want one of these too. How muchy are they? They never seem to say the price anymore on the infomercials.
Jaxnz1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaxnz1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2010 at 2:56pm
I have a shark steam mop too and it's great!

I bought it off TM as it was waaaaaaay cheaper than off TV.

pepsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2010 at 3:05pm
I got one as a present from my mum.. works perfectly fine, but I reckon the end result is the same as you'd get with a mop and hot water.
kiwi2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2010 at 5:03pm
I got one of the aqua ones off the tv (bought off trademe for $30) and have just given it to my mum. I was not impressed at all. It was hard to move around and never seemed to want to go in the direction you wanted it to go and it left streaks. My friend had a steam mop and loved it I just think this particular one is not good. Also I think they might be better on tile than on lino. I would be interested in maybe trying one of the shark ones since you guys have said they are good.

I had a swiffer wet jet in the states and really miss it. Wish they would bring them out here.
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 10:53am
ok so those who have shark ones - how much are they???? there is never a price on TV at all...just a free trial and then they bill you????
flakesitchyfeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flakesitchyfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 1:11pm
We trialled a shark one both at work, and then I bought it home. It worked fone on my floor, I have the grainy wooden planks that seem to be going into most new homes these days. At work, it was flat lino.

Worked a treat at home, left snail trail type marks at work. Def. worth the trial before a commitment just to be safe.
http://eggsineachbasket.blogspot.com/
emachan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2010 at 8:38pm
So - it seems that the Shark is pretty good?

Is it actually eaiser and quicker to use than the mop and bucket method?

DD#1 Sept 08
DD#2 Oct 09
SMoody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2010 at 9:53pm
How much is the Shark one on the adverts? I seem to be able to get one for about $90 but that is just for one.

queenbean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote queenbean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2010 at 10:13pm
I probably wouldn't pay more than $100-120. The Aqualazer ones (on Good Morning) are two for the price of one but they charge $300!!! So a bit of a rip.

?Lolly? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ?Lolly? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2010 at 11:28pm
I ours. I brought it on super special at farmers for $50 a few years back.
Captain Chaos (5) & the Trouble Monsters (2!)
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2010 at 12:15pm
so how much have you guys paid for the actual shark one on tv then????
CarrieMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarrieMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2010 at 4:23pm
I've just ordered a steam mop off eBay so once it arrives & I've given it a go I'll let you know if it's any good. I paid $70AUS.

emachan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2010 at 8:45pm
Sweet - thanks for all your feeback so far - my hunt continues....

DD#1 Sept 08
DD#2 Oct 09
 Post Reply Post Reply