FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDecember 2010 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 529>
Author
SnuggleBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnuggleBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 8:27am
*lurker

Congrats on the BFP bubblebee i remember you from the oct thread...I hope with all my heart that this one is a sticky bubs

*lurker out
Ds1 - 20 months old
Ds2 - 4 months old
Sponsored Links

snugglebug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snugglebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 9:07am
I had a blood test done to confirm pregnancy but I haven't had another one since then. My hcg at that time was about 123 I think, and that would have been around 3 weeks 5 days when that test was done. But my dates might not be right.

I am working, I am on a fixed term contract as a teacher until end of Sept so I hope to work until then but will have to see how it goes as Im monitoring my blood pressure at the moment. It was really high when I first found out I was pg but its come down again, so if it goes up again I might have to stop work.

My symptoms are mainly sore boobs, very tired, hungry a lot and some stretching pains at times but not all the time. I have had a few nauseous moments but not any actual sickness.

Does this sound about right for my stage? Can't wait for the scan
Me 28, DH 29
DS born 20 Nov 2010 (4 years old)
#2 due October 7
Dunson33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunson33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 12:18pm

Congratulations December Mummies- wishing you all happy and healthy pregnancies! 

Marengo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 12:31pm
i'm not feeling overly pg the last two days either.. i have niggling nausea but not enough to put me off food,, and headaches.. oh and sore boobs heh..

i did have cramps from the week before my AF was due untill about 2 days ago they were reasonably constant.. but last 2 days have eased off and just have them very occasionally..

i'm working too and will up untill its to uncomfortable for me to.. i guess untill week or two before due date? will have to see how i go..

Our angel Ella Louise born 13.04.
Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 1:03pm
lol I wasn't feeling very pg so I took a FR and the line came up darker than the control within about 20 seconds....but I'm beginning to feel a bit seedy actually so yep I'm finally beginning to believe I am pg!!   

weeheebaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weeheebaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 2:57pm

ok managed to do what I thought I was doing last time.

Briefly:
Due December 8, not sure to refer to as baby 2 or 3 (previously miscarried) and "baby" was very much part of our family. One lovely two year old boy.

Used to hang out on another forum but with new baby it's time for a change

Edited by weeheebaby
fingerscrossed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fingerscrossed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 4:16pm
congrats Weeheebaby   Welcome to December bubbas

fingerscrossed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fingerscrossed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 4:54pm
Any advice on double buggys? Can see the sense in a phil and ted because its narrower, but to me it looks like the kid at the back doesnt get much room? Hmmm decisions decisions. We have a second hand mountain buggy off trade me and I have really loved it.
chunkymonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chunkymonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 5:09pm
U could get a lil kickboard for the back of your mountain buggy or one of those seats that goes on front?

I brought a phil and teds one as we wanted a small age gap, goin to be a bit further apart than planned but still should hopefully be okay, the seat with phil and teds can go on front or underneath

chunkymonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chunkymonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 5:10pm
Thanx Snugglebear... i'll make an announcement over in oct thread when i feel a bit more pregnant lol x

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weeheebaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by fingerscrossed fingerscrossed wrote:

Any advice on double buggys? Can see the sense in a phil and ted because its narrower, but to me it looks like the kid at the back doesnt get much room?   

depends on how you use your buggy. The phil and teds can be quite unstable when packed with two kids, prone to tipping. It's not at all suited to anything off road etc (most people don't know that phil and teds aren't of-roaders). I like the compactness of the PnT though.
Doulbe buggies (side by side) take up loads of room - I can barely make it through/round most shops as it is with only a single mountain buggy - I would dread taking in a double.

There are lots of side car type options around, depending on the weight of your eldest child. Or toddler seats. Or if elder child wasn't heavy you could try a soft structured carrier (like an ergo) or you could carry bubs in a sling or wrap carrier?

There are so many options out there these days, it just gets confusing sometimes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weeheebaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 7:37pm
chekc out these:

( i had a friend in auckland who had something very similar so they can be sourced in NZ)

http://www.buggypod.com/#
kriss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kriss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 9:48pm
Welcome Weeheebaby

I also am not sure what to do about a pram.. we have a MB Urban Elite and love it to bits, I think we might keep it and get a buggy board for Ash (and hope she will stay on it lol). Never liked P&T's for some reason..

Having some really weird bloating at the moment, one minute I seriously look 22 weeks pg and the next my stomach is flat again Other than that and very slight nausea, I think i'm doing okay. Oh, and for some reason this pregnancy I am already needing to pee all the time!! I didn't get that at all last time.

I have been very naughty and indulged in lots of choc this weekend.. Not a good start, hehe. Last pg I gained 15kg and *hope* to stay around there this time too

Off to have a peek at the buggypod!

Have a great night ladies x

Little Angel, April 10
kriss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kriss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 9:52pm

1st
Emmecat (TBC), #2 - Will Find Out
Marengo, #1 - Will Find Out

4th
Kriss, #2 - Will Find Out

7th
Fingerscrossed, #2 - Will Find Out

8th
Weeheebaby, #3

13th
Bubblebee (TBC)

Emmecat - ?? Next Week
Marengo - 08.04.10
Lisaas101 - 14.04.10

Little Angel, April 10
Rachel1982 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 9:54pm
lurker here...

I had TERRIBLE bloating early on, flat tummy at the beginning of the day and felt like a whale by the end of the day - mega wind as well.

It went away around 16 weeks I think? The wind is still here a little bit but not too bad now :)

Good luck ladies!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snugglebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2010 at 9:13am
Kriss Im feeling very bloated too around the middle, it's quite uncomfortable. My pants still fit the same but I have to loosen them otherwise there's too much pressure.

So I think it's probably normal hehe :)
Me 28, DH 29
#2 due October 7
troutpout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troutpout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2010 at 9:40am
***lurker***

oooo december already! congrats mums to be

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weeheebaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2010 at 3:07pm
How's everyone going today - any more nausea?

I woke up during the night and again at 6 feeling quite queasy. I've taken to keeping plain biscuits and highly sugared drinks next to the bed for any time I wake during the night as last time round my docotr suggested low blood sugar is "one" of the contributing factors that "could" make a difference to MS.

Went fabric shopping today as I'm going to get big quick (I think so anyway, did last time and expecting more of the same) and really want to be comfy!
music_mummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote music_mummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2010 at 5:05pm
Hi girls
I went for a dating scan today because I really had no idea when my last AF was. They told me I was no more than 5 weeks and to come back next week so they can give me some dates. So that means it's likely I will be a December Mummy too

I had been posting in the November 2010 thread cause I thought I might be due in November but it's more likely to be December so here I am.

As you can see from my siggie I have 2 girls - Charlotte 3 and Sophia 1. This wasn't a planned pg at all but both DH and I are quite excited. I am still very nervous this early on since I had 2 mc between Charlotte and Sophia but I'll keep anxiously looking each time I go to the loo and hope for the best

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snugglebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2010 at 5:13pm
Welcome Musicmummy, Im in the same situation, posting in both threads because Im not sure of my dates, having a scan next week to find out for sure then I can determine which one I belong in.
Me 28, DH 29
#2 due October 7
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 529>