FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked*Off topic* Hairdresser help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
n00b_mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n00b_mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: *Off topic* Hairdresser help
    Posted: 20 April 2010 at 4:52pm
Hi ladies,

You all seem to have a WEALTH of knowledge is so many areas I thought I'd see if any of you could help me out with one more thing.

I have 2 very big conferences next week, one that I am running, the other I'm presenting at.
I currently look like I have been dragged through a hedge backwards - I have short hair, it was a pixie crop, now it is a pixie mop. I need a haircut before next Wednesday.

My issue is I used to go to a very good (very expensive) hairdresser - we are talking over $200 for a cut

I work at a non-profit organisation I can't afford to spend over $80 on a hair cut. I started going to the hairdressing academy - which is cheap (YAY) but they take 2-3hrs (as they are learning)

I have no time and no money, and sadly no way I could wear a hat or a scarf.

So in summation, does anyone here know of any good, cheap hairdressers in Auckland - better than "Just Cuts" or "Rodney Wayne" - I've had horrid experiences with both of those chains.

Sorry for the long post - I'm just running out of time and feeling rather stressed.

Edited by n00b_mum
Sponsored Links

TheKelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2010 at 5:04pm
hehe ,you know there is a whole general thread /forum/section on Ohbaby where people will have heaps of questions and answers like this

( my friend , a hairstylist cuts my hair, so im no help )

Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2010 at 5:06pm
What area are you in?
n00b_mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n00b_mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2010 at 5:33pm
Thanks Kelly, I might re-post in there too.
Red, I'm in Central Auckland or West Auckland (I live out west, but work in town)
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2010 at 6:00pm
I go to Simone at Headstart Total Body in Waikumete Rd , Glen Eden - I find her really good and she is very experienced. I think a cut is about $45.Phone: 818 5283

sem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2010 at 2:35pm
I've just found a new hairdresser in Parnell. A friend from OB refered me to her and it was a 'refer a friend special' which only cost me $40 I think (I've got short hair too)
Let me know if you want me to PM you her details.
Here we go again, another baby on it's way!
MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2010 at 9:52pm
Also try Foxie Styles on Dominion Rd, they are well funky....and quite reasonable!
 Post Reply Post Reply