FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNo land line

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2010 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by HoneybunsMa HoneybunsMa wrote:

We'll still be dropping the landline when we move. No point in us having it never gets used. And we don't use more then 5gb a month so 10gb for us will be HEAPS

If you have no landline & only use 5-10GB a month wouldn't slingshot or others that do low users be good for you...don't know how much they are but a friend only paid about $15 a month for internet....don't know how much see used tho.
Sponsored Links

Mucky_Tiger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mucky_Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2010 at 3:01pm
were with Xnet (world communications) on their Fusion plan, and we pay $69.99 a month for a VOIP land line and broadband.
on top of that we pay $1 per GB of data used.
but phone calls are SO cheap. its 27c a min to ring any cellphone (rather than 49c to ring 027 and $1.39 to ring 021, 022, 028 if your landline is with telecom)

you can use this link here to play with the slider to see how much it would cost you a month.

the only thing is to set it up you need a modem and a converter thingy to get the phone to work (im not a technogeek so not 100% sure on the names) but they are made by LYNKSYS and cost $200 total and its all go
HoneybunsMa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoneybunsMa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2010 at 5:12pm
Jazzy from my understanding you still need a landline with most other providers. I don't need a landline I have a cellphone that does everything I need as DP is my bestmate so can call/txt/pxt him all I like and mum has me as her bestmate so she can call me when I need her. Everyone else I have enough minutes and txts to use.

I would need to look at naked broadband and from my understanding pretty much the only ones that do are snap, xnet, vodafone, and orcon

Actually I did just see that slingshot does but its expensive. There are low usage deals out there but I looked through them all when I first could get out of my contract with vodafone and they are just as expensive or just a little bit less then what I got at Vodafone.
For 10gb at Vodafone I would pay $55 for the same with slingshot or Orcon its $80+

_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2010 at 6:25pm
We got rid of ours recently because we were trying to save costs. We hated it, and had it put back on within the week.

Although i didnt think i used it much, i actually did.

If i wanted to ring to book doctors appt, or warrant it would cost me on my cell. By the time DP & I would top up our phones to cover ringing more than usual it didnt really work out much cheaper.
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2010 at 9:34pm
We're going to trial it, we're moving anyways so our home phone will change.
Be interesting to see how many phone calls I make and how much they cost us over the month.
Calls to DH are free.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
HoneybunsMa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoneybunsMa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2010 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by Sabrina0007 Sabrina0007 wrote:

We got rid of ours recently because we were trying to save costs. We hated it, and had it put back on within the week.

Although i didnt think i used it much, i actually did.

If i wanted to ring to book doctors appt, or warrant it would cost me on my cell. By the time DP & I would top up our phones to cover ringing more than usual it didnt really work out much cheaper.

See I've lived without a landline for quite awhile before and did all those phonecalls on my mobile although at the time I didn't have a child or a car, but even then if you looked at our phone bill there were maybe 10phonecalls in 90% would be to DP at work because I wanted to tell him something or he left his phone at home.

Topping up cellphone doesn't come as a factor to me as I have been on a contract since I was 18 when my 2yrs for this contract comes up I will look at whether or not my plan is working and if I can change it

minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 12:07am
I have wireless home phone through Vodafone - it's only $25 a month, and offers exactly the same service as a landline, except it's run over the Vodafone cell network. I wanted to have the option of people being able to call me for free (i.e. Plunket, friends who also have landlines) without paying $55 a month. I have wireless net as well though. I pay $75 a month for 4GB net and my home phone ($70 for net, $5 for phone - special deal that they have). Haven't had any problems either.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12