FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedInternet and Phone’s

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kittie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kittie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Internet and Phone’s
    Posted: 13 December 2010 at 11:30am
We currently have a home phone that we very rarely ring out on and dial up internet which costs us in total $65ish

We are wanting to speed up our internet now that i will be home more and not working

Not really fussed if we have a home phone or not but dont want to really spend to much more than what we do now

What are our options?

Also we both need new cell phones before bubs is born so changing providers is an option
Sponsored Links

amme_eilyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amme_eilyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2010 at 2:27pm
how much internet do you think that you would use in a month, that will determine most of it

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amme_eilyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2010 at 2:32pm
http://www.vodafone.co.nz/home-phone-and-broadband/bundles/basic-pack.jsp

this one is good if you dont use that much internet, but I am not sure how 256 compares to the maximum speed, but it would be much faster than dial up you are currently on.

we are on the top vodafone plan and have only had great experiences with them
kittie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kittie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2010 at 9:16am
I dont imagine it will be to much. Mostly just checking emails internet banking and off course OhBaby.

Dont think after bubs is here i will have much time for it lol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amme_eilyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2010 at 2:31pm
sounds like the minimal plan will be fine for you then at most providers.for broadband by itself you are looking at a minimum of $55 to $65 so it is probably worth keeping the phone if you would make close to $10 in calls a month.
kittie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kittie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2010 at 12:18pm
Thanks
jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2010 at 12:49pm
I have looked at giving up the ph line heaps but we would not really save much as we are heavy internet users. It is my life line sometime with kids as I can not always pop out to do things so I do it over the phone.
becsscolly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote becsscolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2011 at 4:40pm
If you have adsl or cable internet it is worth looking into voip (voice over internet provider). We pay $10.18 a month for our landline and that includes 500 minutes of local and national calling. Check out italk Oh, its now $11/month!!
mrsturtle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsturtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2011 at 7:46pm
We are with Vodafone aswell and on the plan where we have home phone and 2g of broadband for $55 a month, cell phone wise we are also with vodafone mine is on contract for $50 a month that includes the base plan which is $30 with 600 texts and 20 (i think) free min and 1 bestmate and the $20 family plan where you have 4 other vodafone numbers that you can call, text, video etc as much as you like for the month, great for talking to hubby who drives a truck so is away out of town most days.
riiupw265296 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riiupw265296 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2020 at 12:50pm
Do you have tools at home allowing you to repair wires? What manufacturers have you tried and whom of them can you recommend? I am looking for good-quality butt connectors. If you know where to get them, let me know. I understand they are not expensive but I do not want to buy low-quality things. I am actually going to find a site where I can buy the whole wire repair kit.

Edited by riiupw265296 - 23 November 2020 at 3:41pm
 Post Reply Post Reply