FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWeight Loss for IVF

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
Author
MaeBeeBaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaeBeeBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2010 at 3:26pm
Thanks tal and Appy2

Edited by MaeBeeBaby
Sponsored Links

_H_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _H_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2010 at 3:34pm
i agree well said Tal!

Originally posted by MaeBeeBaby MaeBeeBaby wrote:

It would be so easy to say that IVF is motivation enough for wanting to lose weight. But when dealing with all the emotions of IVF it's very very hard to put that into practice.

You hit the nail on the head there MB. I wish it was easy but things are hard at the moment. dont even want to think about what will happen when i start the IVF drugs
Hopes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2010 at 3:53pm
Yes, well said, Tal. I do have a lot of sympathy for people for whom hormonal issues make it harder to lose weight. I know people with PCOS often struggle with that.

I've been on the other side of the coin, as it were, because I've had a medical condition which means you burn too much energy - in other words, you lose weight too easily. It really opened my eyes to the fact that weight loss for one person isn't weight loss for another.

In the same way I found it easy to lose weight (to a point where it was very unhealthy), some people can find it hard to lose weight. I could eat family-size pizzas and still be losing, and someone on the other end of the spectrum can eat very little and still struggle.

So while the basic principal remains the same for weight loss where-ever (less in, more out), that's often a greater challenge for people in this forum. Often fertility-related conditions (like PCOS) also mean you're prone to gain wieght easily. Also, you HAVE to factor in the emotional side of things (which is what makes it easier or harder to manage the more in / less out principal), and people here have a common struggle which in my experience adds considerably to your stress levels.

On a related note, while I'm pleased to be healthy now, I miss the days of being able to eat family-sized pizzas and weigh less than I do now... *sigh*

Happygal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happygal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2010 at 5:16pm
Just managed to have a quick read!! So well said Tal and Hopes!!!

Tal, enjoyed the catch up today!!
Crakleys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crakleys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2010 at 5:25pm
Hey Tal, good to see you, I have been wondering how you have been getting on. :) :)

anon12345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anon12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2010 at 8:37am

Edited by tal
rosiefarmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosiefarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2010 at 3:12pm
I would just like to wish everyone here a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS...
Heres hoping 2011 is our year to lose the weight and get out BFP's
Good luck everyone.
Have a great Day tomorrow. x
IVF - ICIS 1 - June 2010 BFN
TER - Oct 2010 BFN
IVF - ICIS 2 - April 2011
BFP
31st May no heartbeat D & C ,
[url=http://lilypie.com][

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosiefarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2011 at 8:46am
***HAPPY NEW YEAR***

Hi Ladies

Well its been a week since I weighed myself on Sunday. I have been riding my bike 6 - 8 Kms a day (hills) 40 - 50 mins. Had one rest day it was raining and walked 6.8 km yesterday.

I was dissappointed with my loss only 100 gms but I measured myself and have lost 3.5 cm around my breasts. Why the breast 1st?? All other measurements stayed the same. .

At the end of the day a loss is a loss so got to be a wee bit happy.

Hope everyone is well and had a nice holiday break. xxx

Edited by rosiefarmer
TER - Oct 2010 BFN
BFP
_H_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _H_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2011 at 8:33pm
At least you are losing weight roisefarmer, i put on 2kgs since November! So now i have to lose 30kg going to join the gym tomorrow

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosiefarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2011 at 8:04pm
Hi Waiting

Yes a loss is a loss, not looking forward to weigh day this week, have had 2 days where I havent been for a bike ride as it has been pouring down with rain. Cant complain though we needed the rain. , I also have my mum here this week - so going the extra mile to cook nice meals.
How did you get on joining the gym. I would love to join up at a gym but we live 40 mins out of town so not really worth it for me.
TER - Oct 2010 BFN
BFP
tischler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tischler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2011 at 8:36pm
I'm really pleased to say that I didn't put on weight over the holiday period! Wahoo. I think it was probably the lack of takeaways and junk with the closest dairy at least 20 mins drive away and with swimming, sunshine and boating you just don't want to leave for anything!

I'm now back on the weight loss bandwagon with the short-term aim of 5kg loss and longer-term of 10kg. 5kg will be great for next IVF but I hope to be rid of 10 by the time our public funding arrives.

I've dragged out my low GI diet books as they say that's the best for those with PCOS. I'm also inspired to get into exercise (strange but true).

Although, I could go walking when I'm sitting on the couch watching biggest loser (so there's some queer logic in my inspiration)!!!!

Let's all think positive and look forward to shedding kilo's and getting BFP's
5 IVF/ICSI Cycles - 10 embryo's, 8 transfers, all BFN's.
Our journey to parenthood is over, and we join the unfortunate many for whom IVF does not work.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaeBeeBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2011 at 5:59pm
I haven't stood on the scales since just prior to Christmas, but have been cycling and horse riding and walking and treadmilling like crazy. Have also cut my food by half (summer helps!).

SO my plan is to head to WW on Thursday and do the Pro Points Plan - I will re-start my kgs from the beginning so my ticker will change of course. I like the sound of the WW PPP, it's more modified than what I have done before and will fit in better with my regular eating - fruit is my downfall and they have unlimited fruit on this plan - of course this will go hand in hand with something else on their plan but hey I'm all for it!
tischler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tischler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 7:22pm
Day 2 of my 'change of eating habits'. No processed foods, no chocolate or sweets, no caffeine.

Man, I'm so pleased I've got through the weekend, it's been HARD - feel like I'm in withdrawl

Work tomorrow which will be hard as lunch is usually on the run, but have some smoked salmon, avo, wheatgrain crackers and a boiled egg so should be able to pull it off ............

Foreseeable problem - work 'morning tea' for a colleagues baby shower ..... going out for coffee and cakes (and they do AMAZING treat cakes/slices) .................. what to have? Any thoughts? Can I watch everyone else while I have a trim decaf latte????

I must persevere though, this is the most motivated and into it I've been in a long time!!
5 IVF/ICSI Cycles - 10 embryo's, 8 transfers, all BFN's.
Our journey to parenthood is over, and we join the unfortunate many for whom IVF does not work.
_H_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _H_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 7:37pm
So I think the scales at FA are wrong! I brought some scales and Im still my original weight so havent put on 2kgs

I had to make an appointment at the gym as everyone was away. So now im going in tomorrow, just told DP im going in and he said he will come so we can join together

tischler- I would have a trim decaf latte and see if there is any cakes/slices that you can eat (sorry dont know much about low GI diets so dont know if there will be) otherwise have a small cake

hehe just worked out i can type on the laptop without looking (i can do it at work but i have a full size keyboard there)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosiefarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2011 at 1:45pm
Hi all,

Tischler if it was me I would have the trim latte and perhaps a salad or fruit salad, weird when everyone else eating cakes, but at the end of the day you are doing it for you!! So doesnt matter what everyone else things.

My weigh day was yesterday, lost 200gms, I am pleased with that, as I have had mum my here and been doing extra baking and having deserts. just doesnt seem fair when I go to the trouble of making them and not eating them. Also havent been for as many bike rides as I would of liked.

Back on track on Tuesday - all my visitors are going home!!

Got to get back on track for my training for my fun bike race on the 22nd. Its only 10 km, but its hills gravel road and paddock. I have been biking 10 km on hills around home (tarseal) doing it in about 45 mins and some days it feels like I am dieing, but pleased to say I make it home every time

Have a good week everyone xxx
TER - Oct 2010 BFN
BFP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosiefarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2011 at 1:47pm
Ohh and a quick question ladies.

How do I do/get those trackers you have on the bottom of your post??

TER - Oct 2010 BFN
BFP
trouble06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trouble06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2011 at 8:05pm
Hi all - have been MIA for a bit. I have just joined up W online for the Pro Points. Yup most vegies and all fruit is free which suits me fine. I cant be ^*^* going to WW meetings and like what online offers. Was going to the gym tonight but feeling bit tired first day at work and all after the hols.

Re Tischlers query - if you do have to have something what about a friand or something?? They are quite small and not as high in points as carrot cake ???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaeBeeBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2011 at 8:38pm
Trouble I will be going to the meetings, I need to be held accountable elsewhere from home!

Rosefarmer, go to http://lilypie.com/ for starters - have a look, have a play, and later on you could search for 'forum tickers' in google :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaeBeeBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2011 at 10:47am
Just showing off my ticker update

I start WW tomorrow so won't update my ticker until I have hit 4kgs loss with WW - because tomorrow I start from scratch on their new ProPoints plan.
JaneW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaneW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2011 at 10:52am
Just lurking and wanted to say that's an awesome effort Maebeebaby!
Me 28, DH 30
ttc #1 Feb 2009
MFI
ICSI December 2010
FET April...BFP!!
Baby girl due 3rd Jan 2012
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>