FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSeptember 2011

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 113>
Author
tropics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2010 at 3:50pm
how do you add more than one ticker? it wont let me go over 200 characters?
[/url]
Sponsored Links

YODA18- View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YODA18- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2010 at 5:29pm
I could be joing u ladies im getting a dating scan in 2 weeks so im either the 28 august or 1st of september as my af wasnt regular i tested on the 19th of december to a bfp as thats when i thought my period was due but just unsure of dates
lil_lease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_lease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2010 at 5:50pm
Congrats Sept mamas!!!
Antony, gone but never forgotten 2-4-2010

Jacobsmumma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacobsmumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2010 at 6:09pm

Due 3rd September - MrsMooMoo - Baby #1

Due 3rd Septemter - Kye - Baby#2 - Will hopefully find out gender!

Due 5th September -Lexiesmumma - Baby #2 - Will hopefully find out gender!

Due 5th September - Jacobsmumma - Baby#2 - Want a suprise this time!

Due 7th September - Whitewave - Baby#2 - Will hopefully find out the gender!

Due 7th September - Chelle - Baby#2 - Will hopefully find out the gender!

Due 10th September - jano1 - Baby#2 -

Yay we finally have our own thread, so exciting.  I kinda felt like I was imposing on the Aug ladies

Kye I've added you to the list.  Regarding your question about adding more than 1 sig, I just used the mini one then deleted the normal characters before and after, and it fits with space left.  HTH.

I think I should introduce myself properly.  I'm Tanya (34) and have been married to DH (35) since Sept 2005.  We've been together for about 13/14 years.  We have a DS who's 18mo and absolutely gorgeous!  We live on the North Shore, Auckland and have been back in NZ since July 08 after living in London for 4.5yrs.  I'm a SAHM and loving it, apart from some days where everything feels like groundhog day

Anyway, I so happy to be giving DS a sibling a DH another bubby

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

(9lbs 6ozs)

(11lbs 4ozs)
whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2010 at 9:55pm
We've got a good list going already, might be a busy month!

Jacob does look like a real cutie, Tanya, going by the photo on your ticker!

Kye, I think you can delete the characters before and after the IMG parts?

I'll introduce myself too - I'm Jen (33), and I've been married to my DH (34) since Dec 2003 (we've just celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary! ). We have an adorable, very mischievious 22 month old called Campbell, who will celebrate his 2nd birthday start of Feb.
I'm also a SAHM and loving it, but I'm so with you on the groundhog days, Tanya!
We moved to Ohakune (on the SW side of Mt Ruapehu) 3 months ago, previous to that we lived in Port Chalmers (just out of Dunedin).
tropics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2010 at 10:18pm
Thanks will have to give that a go with the ticker!

Im Kylie and I am 32 I have been married to DH for 4 years and we live on the coast about an hour north of the shore, I have a son who is almost 2 1/2 who I just love! I am pretty much a SAHM but work as a planner / landscape architect on Fridays which is nice to get that day to myself . We live rurally and have 10 acres and lots of pets to go with it

Jen I have a friend called Mel with a little girl that gives I think at Ruapahu you might know her?

Tanya where abouts on the Shore do you live? I use to live in Torbay
[/url]
whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2010 at 10:38pm
Kylie, I do know a Mel that lives here in Ohakune, she has a 4 year old boy called Dan and a 21 month old girl called Zara. Do you think its the same Mel?
Wow, I'm jealous of the 10 acres with lots of pets! I'd love my own patch of land with a whole menagerie of animals!
jano1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jano1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2011 at 7:05am

Due 3rd September - Kye - Baby#2 - Will hopefully find out gender!

Due 10th September - jano1 - Baby#2 - Will be a surprise again

Happy New Year,

I took another test and am definitely pregnant

I'm Jane (36) and have been with DP (40) for over 15 years We have a gorgeous girl who will be turning 2 in Feb and also live out of Auckland.

Edited by jano1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacobsmumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2011 at 7:52am

Hi ladies, nice to "meet" you all

Jen, Campbell looks like a cutie too.  I'm sure all the kiddies are little darlings.  Seems to be lots of 2nd time Mummies which is great.  Even tho DS is 18mo, I've kinda forgotten stuff relating to pregnancy.  I've had to pull out a few of my books, hehe.

Kylie, I live in Sunnynook and am also very jealous of your section, although in saying that I can't manage what we've got here, hahahaha.  I bet your DS loves having lots of pets.  We also used to live in Torbay when we moved to NZ.   

Jane, CONGRATULATIONS, that's awesome news hun.  I'm so happy to can join us  

How many people have you told or are you keeping it hush for a while?  Last time we told all our family as soon as I found out, then our friends when I was about 8wks as I had a Hen's party to go to and they would have sussed it out anyway seeing as I kinda really like my wine, hehehehe.  This time I've told my sister and noone else.  We've decided to enjoy this pregnancy just by ourselves for a bit as it does become very overwhelming with DH's family.  We're wondering how long it'll be tho before someone guesses.

I'm hoping my moods will change soon.  DH has mentioned a few times how I'm a bit grumpy, whoops.

(9lbs 6ozs)

(11lbs 4ozs)
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2011 at 8:00am
nzpiper clearly I am a slack stalker as well..congrats:) and also to everyone else:)
Mum to two amazing boys!
miss_freckles View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss_freckles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2011 at 8:28am
Hey there
Hopefully no one minds me joining in here. This is a very new thing for me!

My name is Heather and I'm 35 and live in Wellington. On Boxing Day we found out we are pregnant with No 1. We'd only been TTC for three months so we're excited and surprised all at once given so many people warned us it would probably take a year! Our baby is due 3 September

Congrats to everyone and Happy New Year!

Edited by MissFreckle
jano1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jano1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2011 at 8:30am
Congrats Heather and welcome aboard!
peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2011 at 8:46am
Oh wow!!!! So many in Sept. I am still waiting! No AF. DH is convinced I am pregnant....and that I am having twins so I am not sure whether we should listen to him LOL. Going to buy more tests tomorrow and try again. Fx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacobsmumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2011 at 9:20am

Due 3rd September - Kye - Baby#2 - Will hopefully find out gender!

Due 3rd September - MissFreckle - Baby#1 - ?

Due 10th September - jano1 - Baby#2 - Will be a surprise again

Congratulations Heather and welcome   I'll add you to the list.  Will you be finding out what flavour is brewing?

Nikki I'm getting so impatient waiting for your BFP!  Prob not as impatient as you tho, hehehe.  FX for that BFP.  I got a bfn when I was 1 day late on FR, then a positive 3 days late on Clear Blue (& a very faint line on Drs quickcards on day 4).  Maybe buy a CB one if you can.  I would say that no AF is definitely a sign of being utd.  AF not showing up was a BIG sign for me (plus the moodiness, laziness hehe) 

(9lbs 6ozs)

(11lbs 4ozs)
jano1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jano1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2011 at 9:44am
I used FR too and think they are pretty crap. There were no Clear Blue's when I went shopping yesterday.
miss_freckles View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss_freckles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2011 at 9:45am
Ooh forgot that bit of info...... We're too excited to wait for a surprise so have decided we'll find out the gender :)

tiptoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2011 at 9:50am
Looks like our list is growing pretty fast! Congrats everyone and yay for another line today jano

I'm Michelle, I'm 33 and DH is 32 and we have a little boy who will be 13 months tomorrow. I've been a SAHM this year which has been awesome.

We haven't told anyone yet and although a couple of friends noticed I wasn't drinking last night and one asked if I had anything to tell haha I said no and I 'think' they may have believed me. I've got my sister's wedding tomorrow though so not sure if I'll get away with it or not.   

I've already noticed (and I'm sure DH has too) that I'm already grumpy. Seemed to kick in immediately hahaha

I've rung and booked in my midwife, I went with a different one this time as didn't like the backup midwife much last time and the practice had a roster system of something like 9 days on 5 days off so I was so paranoid last time about getting her for the labour (I didn't) and had her a few times for the after care and didn't find her that helpful. A shame really as my actual midwife was nice. But the new one seemed lovely on the phone and only has one rostered weekend off a month.   She's sending me for an early scan since DS was a big baby to check dates and just keep an eye on things. So that's mid-Jan. She also said she's sending a script for iodine as we're deficient in it in NZ. Never heard of needing it before, but will do a bit of googling.

I hope your BFP comes along soon nzpiper! There's loads of us 2nd time mum's in this thread. Or maybe it's just because we're already addicted to this site so jumped straight in here and no doubt we'll have lots and lots more 1st time mum's soon too to even it out.

Edited by chelle
tropics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2011 at 10:55am
Jen must be a different Mel, the Mel I know has a girl called Ruby and runs an accomodation place...maybe shes in Turangi? not sure, must be nice living down there in winter! 10 acres is great we love it! lots of work though keeps DH busy ;-) and me with all our pets, but Jayden loves it!

Jane thats great that Council lets you work part time awesome! which Council are you at? I use to work at Whangarei District Council when we first moved to mangawhai.

Tanya haha I was the same straight on the net to see if I could refreash my memory of the pregnancy can and cants amazing how quickly you forget! Im also trying to remember when all my pg symptoms kicked in like MS etc Where did you move over from when you first came to NZ? The shore is lovely! DS (or me really) has two mini horses, two kunekune pigs, two pet lambs, cats, dog, rabbit, guniea pig and cows (for eatting!) he loves all the animals, hate to think how many more we will get over the years with calf club days hehe

Congrats and welcome Heather, Im sure there will be many more first time mums in here

fingers crossed nzpiper!

Michelle thats going to be hard to get away with at your sisters wedding tomorrow unless you can use the sober driver or to hungover line I got a script for Iodine too they didnt have that when I had DS?

I have tried the two ticker thing but still hasnt worked, will try when my heads not so fuzzy

hows everyone feeling?

this time weve told close friends and family havent told DH family yet though, last time we told everyone and when I had my missed MC before DS we didnt tell anyone
[/url]
mrsmoomoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsmoomoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2011 at 11:12am
Nice to meet all of you!!

I'm Sophie, I'm a spring chicken at 22 years old. my husband is nearing 25 and we have been married for 2 years. We weren't trying to concieve, we wanted to wait a few more years actually to try and get our credit cards payed off and a few other practical things, but hey, can't control everything right!!

Going through this all has really made me realise how powerless we actually are. I haven't prayed so much as I have this week, I feel so out of control and reliant on God to keep the little embryo safe!!

Hearing all the stories of miscarriages and phantom pregnancies and what not scares me so much. I really hope this goes well.

I was given a list of midwives to call from the doctor, any ideas of what I ask over the phone or how to go about it so I can make sure I'll get a good one??

How was everyones new years? I think one friend was very very suspicious of my tiredness and lack of drinking last night!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacobsmumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2011 at 3:08pm

Kylie I'm Australian and moved over with my whole family from Sydney when I was 20.  I met DH just before my 21st b'day.  My folks moved back to Aus within two years (moved over here due to Dad's work) and my sis and I decided to stay as we were happily in relationships (her b'f and my dh are close friends too).   You've got so many pets, you could open up a petting zoo, I know we'd be there for sure.  I haven't had the opportunity to expose DS to farm type animals yet.

Yeah I got a script for Iodine too.  A study found that NZ women didn't have enough Iodine in their diets due to using rock salts etc.  I'm sure tho that I'd get enough from some of the snack foods that I naughtily eat    Oh well I've got them now and have been taking them for two days.

Oh yeah I booked my old midwife a few days ago.  I wanted to get in early as she's super good and gets booked up quickly.  She's happy to take me on and we'll touch base again soon.  I'm so happy.  I'm hoping tho this time I'll actually be able to have her at the birth as I went into labour on Sunday and it was her rostered wkend off (she had only just put a roster on for her and the other ladies).  As it turned out I had an emerg c-sec Mon morn and she got to theater 1 min after DS birth.  I was gutted as her backup wasn't yet affiliated with Auckland Hospital either (I was planning on birthing at Birthcare Parnell but had to be trans to hos) so couldn't stay so I was then in the care of the hos mw, which turned out to be great anyway but we didn't have that relationship. 

What symptoms are you all experiencing, if any? 

Sophie I know how you feel reading all the sad posts regarding mc's etc.  I wasn't worried at all with my 1st pregnancy, but I wasn't addicted to this site then so it was fine.  Now I've read so much it's freaking me out too.  But I know we'll both be fine tho xx

(9lbs 6ozs)

(11lbs 4ozs)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 113>