FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSeptember 2011

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 113>
Author
whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2011 at 4:34pm
Yay for the 2nd test confirming your pregnancy, Jane! I didn't realise you were an ecologist - before Campbell was born, I worked for DOC doing mostly threatened species work (freshwater fish work for 2 years up to when he was born).

Hi Sophie, and welcome, Heather!
Nikki, I'm sure you'll be joining us soon - 5 days past AF being due has to mean something!

I'm also refreshing my memory about pregnancy, there's a lot I can't remember! On the iodine front, I'm very confused. My useless doctor had no idea about it at all (am going to change GPs!), so asked the midwife when I arranged my appointment, and she said they don't do that until you're 12 weeks along. But so many of you seem to be taking it now!

Not much in the way of preg symptoms yet, other than severe preggy brain (its worse than sleep-deprived and toddler brain!), crying at the smallest things and headrushes everytime I stand up!
MS didn't kick in until 7 weeks with DS, so it might be the same this time.
We've told just immediate family so far - I figured after telling the whole OhBaby community, I'd better tell my folks and the inlaws! But we'll wait til closer to 12 weeks to tell the rest of the family and friends.
Sponsored Links

mrsmoomoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsmoomoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2011 at 4:37pm
Just testing my new ticker :D
tiptoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2011 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by whitewave whitewave wrote:

We've told just immediate family so far - I figured after telling the whole OhBaby community, I'd better tell my folks and the inlaws! But we'll wait til closer to 12 weeks to tell the rest of the family and friends.

Yeah I feel a bit bad about telling the whole of OB and no one IRL! But maybe after tomorrow we might tell our families. Maybe. Probably best to not try and steal any extra attention away on my sisters wedding day if can be helped!

I was so the same about preggie stuff. I even started back at the beginning of the Nov 09 (DS due month) thread to see what symptoms and what I was thinking back then! I got MS around 6 weeks but not too bad.   Actually I feel a tincy bit already, but maybe my imagination or not enough water.   

This thread is moving fast already!
tiptoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2011 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by mrsmoomoo mrsmoomoo wrote:

Just testing my new ticker :D

Cute ticker I might go try and add a 2nd one on mine if my brain can work it out.

Cool, it worked

Edited by chelle
TheKelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2011 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by jano1 jano1 wrote:

I used FR too and think they are pretty crap. There were no Clear Blue's when I went shopping yesterday.

interesting, I've always got BFPs without FMU with FR before AF was due, with Ty I got a dark line at only 8dpo, days before AF was due at 3pm, even before they showed up on Discover......but only with the dip stick kind,and when I used a clearblue it gave me a very convincing evap line (that looked just like a positive except I wasn't pregnant) blue dye tests are notorious for that

Anyway, congrats September mums to be! very exciting ,and most of you are pregnant with your second, thats cool .....there are a few articles on the net about being pregnant with your second and how its different

Just getting my lurking position in, can't wait to see what you guys are having .....especially you Bex, I'll be watching yoooooooou

Edited by TheKelly

tropics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2011 at 5:28pm
Sophie the first 12 weeks are hard with all the what if's roll on 12 weeks I say I dont know if there is ever a good time to have a baby always something to save for, plans made etc is the best thing ever being a parent and 9 months is a while to get your head around it and prepare

Tanya thats cool that you and your sister decided to live in NZ now I cant remember what else I was going to say since its on the other page! pregnancy brain already oh dear!

love the tickers ladies! I finally figured out how to get two and updated Jaydens one yay!

The only preg symptoms I have are tiredness sometimes feel a bit queezy but not full on ms like I had with DS I think that came more around 7 weeks? and boobs are starting to get a little sore, I some how strangely like those horrid preg symptoms, makes me think (and hope) that all will be ok.

Funny about telling and not telling people, my couzin came over yesterday arvo and Im not telling him and his wife yet and I had to sprint (well hobble with my sore foot!) to the kitchen and hide the bounty back! lol

Tayna I see in the pregnancy thread that you do heaps of exercise? I do to, I do pump, spin, run and have a trainner I see once a week, am hoping to keep it up as i put on 30kg plus with DS and had pre-eclampsia and hbp so hoping to keep fit and keep the weight down will help this pregnancy
[/url]
jano1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jano1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2011 at 5:49pm
I just have the extreme tiredness which is compounded by running around after a very busy toddler. I also had a weird eye inflammation come up 2 days ago which I swear is preggy related and am going to get it checked tomorrow as one eye is totally bloodshot. Looking good

Sounds like interesting work Jen- do you think you would go back to it once the kidlets are older?

We had friends over for lunch and I couldn't hide the fact that I wasn't drinking so told them the news. I wouldn't have kept it quiet from them anyway. Even if the worst happened I would make sure my loved ones knew what was going on.
Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2011 at 6:05pm

Originally posted by rachelsea rachelsea wrote:

YAY congrats Jen, Bex and Chelle, this will make my stalking easy

DITTO!!! hehehe huge congrats guys!

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2011 at 7:28pm
Well, f**k it all! I am tentatively joining you after yet another confusing HPT. I caved in and bought 2 more and tested...but not with FMU. So at the 10 min mark the very faintest line came up but DH doesnt think it counts.... It was far more obvious (but still very faint) about 5 min later.....and it was pink......I think it counts. DH has hidden the other test and will hopefully give it to me on Monday.
In saying that I am sipping a very small glass of bubbles and I had poached eggs this morning.....if I am not getting my BFP then I am not being completely good .....its a very small glass....of very expensive champange so I didnt want to miss out totally....but I stayed away from the unpasteurised soft cheese this afternoon....see I am not all bad.

Anyway, I'm 38 as is DH and we live in Cromwell. I have 2 boys already...a 3yr,4mo and a 23mo. I am mostly a SAHM but work 2 half days as an optometrist to keep me sane. We always said we wanted 3 kids but once we had our second we were happy with 2. Decided we would revisit that idea in September and discussed it on the 18th (2 days before my bday).......it was a definite NO WAY! By the end of September I was having doubts and thinking I wanted a 3rd. then I flipped from 2 to 3 to 2 like a yo yo. Then all of a sudden we both decided we DID want a third and here we are.

It is frustrating not having that definite BFP but logic is telling me that a late AF on an otherwise regular cycle, late ov making me only 10DPO mean I am probably still too early to get my BFP.....or I am just deluded!   So until I get my AF or a BFP....I'm joining you guys.

EDD should be 14 September (based on ov)
Jacobsmumma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacobsmumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2011 at 7:56pm

Tayna I see in the pregnancy thread that you do heaps of exercise? I do to, I do pump, spin, run and have a trainner I see once a week, am hoping to keep it up as i put on 30kg plus with DS and had pre-eclampsia and hbp so hoping to keep fit and keep the weight down will help this pregnancy

(Hmm, not sure why the quote didn't work)

Yup although I haven't been good the last two weeks, only managed to drag my sorry backside to the gym twice in two weeks, ekk!!  Am going to blame pg for this, hahaha but it does make it hard to get out of bed at 5.15am for 5.45am classes.  I put on 12kgs last time, which was heaps as I'm already overweight.  I'm hoping for less this time and I think it will be less as looking after DS keeps me active and I'm not sitting at a desk with heaps of cafes around me temping me with CAKE  

Oh I should probably pre-warn you all, in case you haven't noticed, I like talking, I'm a big chatter-box, always have been.  So sorry for any long posts I submit - you don't have to read them all, haha.

Edited by Jacobsmumma

(9lbs 6ozs)

(11lbs 4ozs)
tropics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2011 at 9:49pm
a tentative congrats nzpiper cant wait for you to take the other test! very exciting! and enjoy those bubbles

Tanya I know what you mean this tiredness makes exercise hard! Im hoping I get some motivation back when my foot heals, I fit but overweight too, I did loose the 30kg I put on but am still over weight so really dont want to get back to what I was Im a chatterbox too sometimes hubby things he should join ohbaby and facebook so we can chat! lol
[/url]
tiptoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2011 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by jano1 jano1 wrote:

I just have the extreme tiredness which is compounded by running around after a very busy toddler. I also had a weird eye inflammation come up 2 days ago which I swear is preggy related and am going to get it checked tomorrow as one eye is totally bloodshot. Looking good

OMG, mine too!! Mine looks like I've got a burst blood vessel or something - just popped up today.
tiptoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2011 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by nzpiper nzpiper wrote:

Well, f**k it all! I am tentatively joining you after yet another confusing HPT. I caved in and bought 2 more and tested...but not with FMU. So at the 10 min mark the very faintest line came up but DH doesnt think it counts.... It was far more obvious (but still very faint) about 5 min later.....and it was pink......I think it counts. DH has hidden the other test and will hopefully give it to me on Monday.
In saying that I am sipping a very small glass of bubbles and I had poached eggs this morning.....if I am not getting my BFP then I am not being completely good .....its a very small glass....of very expensive champange so I didnt want to miss out totally....but I stayed away from the unpasteurised soft cheese this afternoon....see I am not all bad.

Anyway, I'm 38 as is DH and we live in Cromwell. I have 2 boys already...a 3yr,4mo and a 23mo. I am mostly a SAHM but work 2 half days as an optometrist to keep me sane. We always said we wanted 3 kids but once we had our second we were happy with 2. Decided we would revisit that idea in September and discussed it on the 18th (2 days before my bday).......it was a definite NO WAY! By the end of September I was having doubts and thinking I wanted a 3rd. then I flipped from 2 to 3 to 2 like a yo yo. Then all of a sudden we both decided we DID want a third and here we are.

It is frustrating not having that definite BFP but logic is telling me that a late AF on an otherwise regular cycle, late ov making me only 10DPO mean I am probably still too early to get my BFP.....or I am just deluded!   So until I get my AF or a BFP....I'm joining you guys.

EDD should be 14 September (based on ov)

Congrats!! That's so cool, looking forward to hearing about a darker, quicker line on Monday

Mine was a strangely late ovulation this month too. Weird, didn't someone else have the same thing as well? Mine's usually day 13-15ish but was Day 21 this month according to my OPKs. I had a whole heap leftover from last time and they expire in January so perfect timing for a BFP!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 7:12am
Yeah chelle, thats same here......normally day 14-15 and this time day 23. There was someone else too. I still feel like a bit of a fraud without my dark BFP.....hopefully DH will reveal the location of the HPT tomorrow.
jano1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jano1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 8:02am
Funny that he has hidden them from you but probably a good idea otherwise it would drive you crazy.
whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 2:54pm
Sounds very promising to me, Nikki! I did 3 FR tests that all showed faint but obvious lines - so I didn't get a solid dark one either, but I figured 3 tests wouldn't lie to me! The doc gave me another couple of tests, I did one that gave me yet another faint line (type of test you use a dropper to put urine on a sampling spot). Am going to do the other when I know I'll get a really solid line!

I'm just trying to get myself to exercise more, its my New Years resolution! My toddler keeps me fairly active, but I've been really slack with proper exercise. I just got some Zumba DVDs off Trademe, and I did my first "workout" this morning! In reality, I did half an hour of trying to do some of the basic moves while being pestered by my son! But it got the heart rate up a bit, and ya have to start somewhere!
jano1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jano1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 4:39pm
Exercise- I was a regular runner pre DD, then swam through my pregnancy. I put on about 17kgs but have lost and am back to pre preggy weight. Unfortunately I haven't kept up with a regular exercise regime and I'm out of shape. My mission this time around is to make a plan and stick to it post baby.
TheKelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 10:34pm
Lurker

...just saw pics of Bex on FB and she looked absolutely stunning, congrats Bex

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2011 at 8:23am
YES!!!! 2 lines within the first minute! I'm in!!!
jano1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jano1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2011 at 8:53am
Congrats nzpiper Any idea what your due date might be?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 113>