FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhat are your financial goals for 2011?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What are your financial goals for 2011?
    Posted: 31 December 2010 at 4:36pm
Because i'm nosey

Mine:
*To not touch the slowly increasing savings accounts (i have two that get $10 a week, one for travel and one for baby when he is grown)
*Gather NO MORE debt - no credit cards, no overdrafts, no personal loans, no borrowing $$s

Bonus goal would be to pay off my final debt, i have 66 weeks worth of minimum payments left to make, i can probably better that and start 2012 debt free.

Sponsored Links

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2010 at 4:44pm
Save for my boob job and then some. But thats not hard cause we put away as much as we can with our budget and have been doing so for 4 months now.
Chickoin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickoin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2010 at 6:09pm
Save 10K before we move home at the end of the year.
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2010 at 6:48pm
Boob job

You win the thread
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2010 at 8:16pm
lol I need it. I want a reduction. I can get it on medical grounds since I'm gignormous so hopefully we won't have to pay for it all and insurance will cover some but we are gonna save up the full cost anyway just in case.
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2010 at 9:52pm
Save and not spend my savings!

DP and I are are/were both unemployed this year and lived off our savings... Cya almost 10k!
The goal for next year is to save like mad!
We want to save for a nice holiday at the end of the year, possibly a new car and for a deposit on a house.

We're lucky we don't have any debt or credit cards.
jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2011 at 7:26am
My first one is to do a PnS xmas club & will start that with my fist shop next week. Will put in $20 a fortnight & will put in $5 every time I make an extra trip, so hopefully I will cut down my trips in & have a good amount saved for xmas.

Put more money into Bonus Bonds, want a holiday & new car. Want to save at least 5-10% a pay.

To put DH's O/T & on-call straight into savings.

Set up auto fortnightly bill payments & pay a bit extra.

Do a money tin for school & kindy stuff, like trips & the never ending fund raising.

Set up kiwisaver for the kids & saving accounts with auto payments.

Not going to use my car as much will do more walking.

Not spending for the sake of it & not buying so much for stuff for the kids they don't need.

Big one for me...is not to spend 1cent in the dairy up the road, can not stand the mad women in there so don't want to support them with our hard earned money...so no more ice blocks after school, will make yummy ones at home & no more crap last minute food for the kids lunch boxes.
floss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2011 at 3:38pm
We have already started a money jar with our Wellington trip written on the side of it so all change and any extra cash we might get goes on it, we started in November and already have $350 in there, my goal was $1000 before May this year so we are well on track.

Stuck to the food budget.

Now that I am going back to fulltime work, we hope to put more into our savings and retirement fund.
My beautiful big girl Sienna 15.04.06

Double the trouble double the fun Noah & Lola 10/11/07
Mucky_Tiger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mucky_Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2011 at 9:58pm
to pay off my overdraft ($1800 interest free) - or atleast reduce it to $500.

to save as much money as I can by depositing it into her bank account that she opened for me (so when i want to spend it she has to transfer it back and it takes 2 working days as its PSIS to BNZ)

to use my car (if i get a new one as mine was written off) less and to bike/walk more to save $ on petrol

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 6:53am
To get back on track with all things budget wise. When I went back to work we let a lot of things slide as money was not really an issue anymore but with a surprise number 3 on the way it's time to tighten up the belts again, especially as we need a bigger car and I don't want to take out finance, mine only has 4 seats and only 2 that car seats can go in so there's no choice but to upgrade and I sold most baby stuff as wasn't planning on doing this again so have a quite a bit of stuff to buy for the baby.
Would be nice also to be in the swing of the budget before I stop working so it's not a huge shock and although we do save a lot if we didn't waste so much money we could save a lot more.

Hope everyone else meets their goals, good luck Stacey, I'm sure you will feel like a new women when they are done.

HuntersMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntersMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 8:41am
I am going to start saving for a deposit so in the next 3 - 4 years I can buy a little place for me and DS in a good area with good schools. I have good family support at the moment with childcare, so need to make the most of it before he starts school and I will be working less. So this year my plan is to......

- Pay off my 2 x HPs by July (About $2k)
- Save the first $20k towards our house deposit - this will requires some SERIOUS budgeting and self control on my part, which I currently do not have!
- Stop being lazy and make my lunch every day im at work.
- Catch the train to work instead of paying $$ for petrol and parking

QTMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QTMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2011 at 9:11am
I need to do a propper budget. DH doesn't earn huge oney but it is plenty and we should be able to make it stretch further. This year my goal is to be a bit smarter about how our money is spent.

We have had a savings account for DS since birth so we will need to open anotherone for DD due in April.
WestiesGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WestiesGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2011 at 12:16am
Save save save as much as possible in preparation for coming home this year in August so we can buy a house back home.

Our Angel July 08 Gone but not forgotten

And to complete our family, our princess has arrived
amme_eilyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amme_eilyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2011 at 10:57am
to pay off my interest free overdraft (2k), to have some savings as a buffer, pay back my parents the 6.5k we owe them. and save for a holiday (may be asking a bit much on one income though).
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2011 at 11:13am
Those interest free overdrafs suck the fat one. I got one on my first day of uni when the helpful man from the bank popped up and said i could have 2k in my bank account within 2 hours if i wanted. AND they'd increase it by a grand every year i studied....i graduated with a $4500 overdraft. And its only interest free for one year after you graduate. I ended up getting mine switched to a loan as the interest was less.

.... View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2011 at 12:53pm
I aim to pay off all debt (around 2k) before baby arrives early July, I suck with money so hopefully I can stick to that.
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2011 at 3:51pm
Eeeeek! Bowie, same thing happened to my DP and they roped him into a CC as well that was interest free for the first 6 months (that sold him)!

But for me personally I have stayed away from credit cards - I had an experience when I was 17, my mum let me 'borrow' hers when I went overseas! Bad mistake! I hadn't even left NZ and I had spent $400 at AKL Airport! And spent about 5k in a month... - so I am put right off! Luckily she only made me pay back half!
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2011 at 4:30pm
I've always stayed away from "free" money. I had to get a $500 overdraft once as a student when I just couldn't make ends meet for a month. We have a credit card but always pay it off completely which I budget for. The only reason we use the credit card is to get airpoints
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2011 at 8:37pm
You ladies both have it well under control then. The stupid thing is i have nothing to show for that money, god only knows where its gone. On shoes, i expect.

Being super careful now - its very important to me that bubs doesnt miss out because i'm crap at budgets.
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2011 at 9:14pm
Yeah, we've still got DPs one and have managed to pay it off but he decided he'd keep it and we'd have it for emergencies and that's what we've done but I don't touch it at all and if he uses it for personal reasons then he has to pay it off! He's been pretty good so I am pleased!

I have a few friends who also got credit cards when they started uni and quite a few of them have at least 5k debts over their heads on just the credit card with nothing to show either. And that doesn't include their student loans as well!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>