FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPro-C/Section Support / Chat / Tips

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
tictacjunkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tictacjunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 1:36am
My lower belly tends to ache when I'm pregnant (had c-sect x5), bit like af cramps. I'm a regular shaver (i.e every shower) down there & keep it all off, nurse commented it made it easier to do catheter, which is a bonus when you have an OB like mine who likes everything done before the spinal goes in . I've found the scar still itches like crazy around that 8-10day mark though, not from the shaving, just the healing.
Sponsored Links

InthemiddleMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InthemiddleMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2011 at 2:22pm
i dont have an apron over c/s scar. it was nice and flat until recently! am now 20weeks!
I did take longer to loose weight, but put this more down to 2nd pregnancy and worring about exercise ripping my insides.
OB told me they dont cut your muscles but maybe diff OB do it differently?

I have waxed bikini line for years n years, more recently getting brazilians or near brazzys lately as its more sensitive. I plan to wax up reguarly before due date as like they said dont need itchy hairs in your scar
it is only the top bit so if you a first time . newbie waxer I would just get the edges/top done from now till birth. most beauticians have seen 1000 c.s scars so they will be up to the knowledge on what area to wax up for you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InthemiddleMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2011 at 2:26pm
salz
ignore what MW said about not to worry you can try for vbac next time. I just had a MW who works on the maternity ward, speak to me at the school gate yesterday and we were talking and she said so you be having another c/s? YUP its just different days different thoughts, that mw has had a emergency c/s then a vbac to.

like someone said its your body and you are the one that needs to get your head around what way you want to birth your baby, its your choice, dont let the pressures of a vbac get to you.

Im so over all the "OH SIGH" you have to have another C/s from every one especially a friend who had a vbac. I just like to say that electives are births too!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InthemiddleMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2011 at 2:27pm
meant to say I dont ache but am 20./21 weeks so might happen yet, but dam you ache everywhere when you pregnant dont yah toes to head lol no matter what birth you have
Lillybetts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillybetts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2011 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by Girls Rock Girls Rock wrote:

salz

like someone said its your body and you are the one that needs to get your head around what way you want to birth your baby, its your choice, dont let the pressures of a vbac get to you.

Im so over all the "OH SIGH" you have to have another C/s from every one especially a friend who had a vbac. I just like to say that electives are births too!

Totally agree. When I've talked about possibly having an elective next time, I get some odd looks or funny comments.

Wow tictacjunkie, 5 CS's? I want a CS for my next baby (not pregnant and wont be trying for a while.), but am worried that with every baby the scar gets more and more painful. Have you found that? And does it make it harder to recover each CS? We want at least 3 kids.
Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2011 at 11:44am
Have had 3 babies, 3 c-sections and now that its all fully healed I had a gander in the mirror (as you do ) and theres still only 2 lines, my guess is they remove some of the old scarring so you dont get multiple scar tissue buildup.

Oh and apart from being a tad itchy along the more recent one (21 months between the younger 2) while pregnant, I didnt find that it hurt at all. Then again, I'd just had lap surgery to remove gall bladder 2.5 months before getting preg, and was more worried about the belly button scar hehe
Brandon - 05/12/2003

Jaxnz1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaxnz1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2011 at 9:06pm
Hi ladies. I have a few more weeks until I have to decide whether I want a natural birth or CS. Reading these stories has helped a lot as I'm leaning towards a CS.
I was induced with DD due to high BP, contractions were very intense, had epidural, I developed a racing heartbeat and fever. DD got stuck, so it was an episiotomy and 3rd degree tear with forceps delivery.
Recovery from tear took months and even now BD'ing is very uncomfortable.

Am feeling the pressure to have a VB, but I've heard so many positive stories around elective CS's (mostly from those who have had them). All those who haven't had one are generally pressuring for a VB.

If I knew the VB would go well I would chose that in a heartbeat, however I don't know what my BP will do this time round and I certainly don't want to be induced again.

So I have a decision to make very soon. This will be my last baby. Everyone says your second is so much easier and quicker, but there is that risk of tearing worse.

If I chose a CS I intend to just tell very close family, as I can't stand the comments you get from people too.

MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 12:56pm
hehe, who cares what everyone else thinks! the main thing is that you've grown a baby for 9 months and are now choosing to bring the little bugger into the world safely! I got flack for my elective, I shant say what they got told when some of the comments were rude, but I certainly gave them a mouthful!
Good luck with your choice Jax - just remember that it doesnt matter which way you choose, you're making the RIGHT decision!
Alex, Thomas and Lily

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InthemiddleMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 8:50pm
jaxnz1
my gp/mw/ob all were recommending the c/s right from 1st positive preg test with my 2nd. They all said it would be my best outcome, in this way i feel lucky as I felt 3 medical professionals were helping me choose.

It was also my thoughts too. like you I was worried how is this GIANT episiotomy cut ever guna stretch/rip/scar again for another vb, am I guna be worse off in the va ja ja / bottom region after another vb,

I c/s you get over in a matter of weeks not years like an episiotomy.

Think about the baby too, my dh didnt ever want to see another baby of ours dragged into this world by ventouse & forceps, it was horrendous to experience that. only those that have do.

even those in my close family were negative about it especially my mother (whom wanted to come to DD1 VB but I didnt want her there) she thought just cos she wasnt at DD1 Vb thats why I had such a difficult time. WHATEVER!! I had 2 midwifes and a OB with me during my labour what would my mother know whom gave birth in 5mins a hundred years ago. She still goes on about it now and I still "rub it in her face" im guna c/s AGAIN OHHHHH!!!! YEAH!!!!
Isabella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 9:45pm
I loved that I had an emergency c/s - right from admission for my induction (16days overdue!)that morning I was asking the OB to take me to theatre!! He made me go through 17 hours of labor which my wee girl had still not engaged by the end of - then ended up having a c/s which I wanted that morning anyway!

So next time I will be heading straight for the elective. Maybe I just got lucky and everything went well, but I am so greatful for the amazing job the surgeons etc did.. I was driving (short distances in an automatic) after 2 weeks and discharged myself from hospital after one night.. It doesnt necessarily have to be as bad as some people say!

I was also a bit annoyed at the parenting centre classes we had which seemed very anti- c/s.. When they did the exercise of 'what is your ideal birth' and 'what is your worst fear' - I put ideal = surgical (c/s) and worst fear - not making it to hospital in time and having her at home!! Gosh did I get shot some nasty looks! Each to their own.. I just love the controlled environment of a surgical theatre - everyone knows what they are doing, there are loads of people looking after mum and bubs, it takes under an hour, you can tell people you will have your baby at 10.30am on tuesday the ***

Hehe - yep I am proud of my c/s scar!!
tictacjunkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tictacjunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2011 at 12:30am
Lillybetts, yep 5 c-sects, I've just got the one scar & I haven't found it more painful each time, have found it depends on baby's position though. I've found the recovery far quicker with my electives than the emergencies, this time round I felt "normal" a lot sooner than the others.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InthemiddleMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2011 at 8:34pm
tictacjunkie
pleased to hear you BLOW away all the myths about limit of 3 c/s!!

Isabella
pleased to hear like me you BLOW away all the myths about not driving for 6 weeks, I was also driving at 2weeks

Actually I wasnt comfortable to drive until 3weeks after my VB and really wasnt comfortable driving until 10months after VB so a few weeks post c.s was quick!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InthemiddleMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2011 at 9:06pm
just thought of a new "word"

CSAVB = C/Section after Vaginal Birth

millemama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote millemama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2011 at 9:09am
Love this thread! my mind was totally made up with this PG that I would have a CS, after my 100% positive experience with my first emergency CS, but I did come up against a lot of questioning from friends and aquaintances about why, and why not go for a homebirth (big around here), but I found as long as I sounded happy and firm about my decision there was no real pressure from anyone

Jaxnz1, my 1st experience was very similar to yours right up to the part where DD got stuck, then the OB gave us time to make a decision bout what we wanted to do and we went for a CS, best decision ever! Good luck with your decision

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InthemiddleMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2011 at 1:12pm
milliemama
its just how trendz change I guess aye. 10-20 years ago if you had a c/s you properly were looked at strange if you have a vbac, now you are looked at strange if you are happy / had a great experience and want another c/s or c/s after traumatic vb.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InthemiddleMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2011 at 8:31pm
Just popping back in, Wonder how Jaxnz1 is and what birthing method she decides upon

Richie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2011 at 10:41am
Thank you for putting this up!! I'm so sick of people judging me because I am going down the elective road when it comes to having #2. I went into labour a few hours before I was due to be induced (14 days over) and contractions were painful and close together right from the get go. After 16hrs I was still only at 4cm so got my waters ruptured and decided on an epidural cause I was so knackered and in a lot of pain. Still, nothing was happening so got the drip put in (syntosinon or however it's spelt lol) and that did nothing either. Epi wore off in the middle of the night, but no one around to top it up for me. So was right back into painful contractions, but only at 6cm by this stage. Kept getting put off and put off by anaesthatist cause he was too busy so I just lay there in agony, waiting waiting waiting. Then finally, 18hrs after I had my waters broken, they decided 'sh*t, better get this baby out' and was rushed into theatre. I was absolutely terrified as I'd never had surgery before, let alone even been in hospital so I had no idea what to expect. Antenatal classes made C/Sec sounds so negative and terrifying. I was shaking like a mad thing and crying my heart out cause it wasn't the birth I had wanted (planned a drug free water birth) but when I heard Isla cry for the first time after only being in theatre all of 5mins I was like 'oh, is that it?!' and I was happy as anything and completely forgot what was going on around me.
I absolutely hated my labour experience, it was hideous and no way do I want to go through that again. So I'm definitely putting my hand up for an elective next time round.
My recovery was a piece of p*ss to be honest. People I know who have had VB's complained about being in pain more than I did after having my stomach cut open! I was going for walks and doing everything as normal straight out of hospital (other than the things you aren't meant to do ie vacuuming/driving) but other than that I was my normal self! I personally couldn't drive until the full 6wks as DD was 11lb 8oz and I'm only small so my ab muscles actually tore apart.
16 months on and my scar is barely visible. C/Sec all the way!!!!! lol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InthemiddleMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2011 at 4:33pm
wow nzlisajo 11lb 8 is a good size bubba, both my girls were 6pounders and were 10lb by 10weeks, with having the elective the 2nd time around too I got the lightest capsule I could find (under 2kg) and snap & go wheels. had the big pram with basinette set up at home for walks around to dd1 kindy so no heavy lifting for me.

great to hear another postive c/s experience from you! thanks for sharing your story.

heard another great story this morning. She had 2 girls VB then just had c/s last week as bub was presenting bottom first breech and said it was fantastic, liked it far better than her vb. now I dont know the story of her vb but hey good to hear another postive experience all the same as like you said nzliszjo so many anti-natel classes and books and people outlay such a negative approach/or little information on c/s birth.
millemama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote millemama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2011 at 6:52pm
I agree about the antinatal classes, not so much negative as no info at all, and even though I did huge research before birth, didn't really read up hugely on CS, so only info I remember reading was that feeding was difficult the normal way and had to be attempted in a football hold! Well funny, but I never had an issue with feeding at all in the std way.

Richie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2011 at 8:57pm
I never had an issue with feeding the normal way either. Infact, the midwives at the hospital never even suggested the football hold.
I was really naive and just convinced myself that I would give birth 'normally' and wouldn't need a c-sec so I had no idea what to expect. Was just terrified cause of how antenatal tutor explained it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>