FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPro-C/Section Support / Chat / Tips

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
InthemiddleMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InthemiddleMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2012 at 2:31pm
http://thestir.cafemom.com/baby/134557/gentle_csection_birth_trend_may

amercian but abet a great read
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InthemiddleMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2012 at 2:44pm
http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2005/dec/03/health.medicineandhealth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InthemiddleMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2012 at 8:13pm
This poor pooe lady and family, wonder why the docs sent her home, wonder why they didnt listen too her, wonder if she had to have a hysterectomy. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10794474

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InthemiddleMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2012 at 8:14pm
article about :Baby dies after scar ruptures>

may that poor wee baby f;y with the angels

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InthemiddleMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2012 at 4:11pm
Any lurkers in here at all ladies??

We are here to support you and listen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InthemiddleMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 8:00pm
Hows your scars ladys, do they bother you? im 7m post c/s no2 and couldnt care in the slightest, my ob did a fab job.

Did you get staples or running stitch?
islandgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islandgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2012 at 8:15pm
Hi ladies (hopefully some of you around!)... just had a few questions about your CX... I had an emCX last time and am pretty sure I'm heading in for an elective this time around.

1) Were you allowed skin-skin straight after the baby was lifted out of the sunroof?

2) How did you cope with the needle going in? I was totally out of it last time and don't remember it happening, but I do remember getting 4 lumber punctures (at diff times) and they totally stressed me out!

3) Was there anything you did to speed up your recovery?

thanks... I'm sure I'll have a few questions.. I just want to be prepared before talking to obs about my "rights" if that makes sense...

TIA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InthemiddleMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2012 at 9:22pm
I was fine with the needle going in. All i kept thinking to myself was the sooner the needles was in the sooner my baby would be in my arms.

after a quick check at the peads table he was skin to skin within a few minutes.

Spinal in at 8.50, baby born 8.55am and in my arms 8.56am

Recovery speedier - um help help help.
One of the mw on the ward actually said that the smokers recover the best as they are the ones walking outside for a smoke and the walking is the best thing you can do post c/s, im not a smoker thou, but I had a friend in the ward at the same time so went to visit her several times a day our rooms at opp end of ward, so a wee walk did me good.

Hopefully there are some more mums around.
Might pay to say what hospital you are going to birth at cos other mums in that area might be able to help you more with some specific questions.

Also be firm with your mw with your requests.
tictacjunkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tictacjunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 10:39am
Yep we had skin to skin as soon as the paeds had done their checks, even had my last daughter latched on while I was in recovery.

For the spinal just follow the tech's instructions, roll your back, stay still etc, so they can do it as quickly as possible, once it's in it's all on, so just focus past the actual stabby bit!

Speedier recovery- I've found (I've had 5 c-sect) that making sure I was taking a good preg mulit-vit during pregnancy helped a lot with the recovery, remember you aren't just getting over surgery but dealing with sleepless nights, hormone rollercoasters and milk production, so being vitamin deficient is not a good idea.

Be kind to yourself and accept offers of help. I'm not good as letting other people help so I made a mental list of things I could delegate to other people if they asked (my list was hanging washing, loading the dishwasher, making the older children's beds).

As Girls Rock said walking up and down the hall a bit will help, I made a point of going to the loo further away instead of the closer one (whenever I had a visitor to watch bubs). Once I got home I quite enjoyed doing the vacuuming, was good movement and quite good for my mental health too!

Hope everything goes well,

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InthemiddleMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 8:23pm
Spatone is a good iron supplement to take. i took it with my 3rd and felt way better.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InthemiddleMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2012 at 2:09pm
I was interested to read that Jessica Simpson had fear of a vaginal birth and opted for a c/s.

Here is the link http://blogs.babycenter.com/celebrities/04192012-jessica-simpson-fears-birth-opts-for-c-section/

A reader comments below...

NOT SAD AT ALL. You say have mom should have the birth she birth she wants – if a woman for any reason wants a c-section they should be able to have one.

I am ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIED – I cry every day about it. I’ve BEGGED my dr. for a c-section because of my overwhelming anxiety.

millemama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote millemama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2012 at 1:16pm
sorry for late reply, teething issues here with grumpy bub. I second everything the others have said, despite what you read sometimes, ie can't have skin to skin with bubs and CS, they are too drugged up to feed property etcetc. I had skin to skin straight away and she latched on minutes after that. Same for both CS's, em and elective. Worried bout needle too as was in full on contractions first time round, but I did what the nurse told me (great advice, just like what tictac said, roll your back and relax) I honestly didn't feel it so was rapt with that.

Recovery, get up and about asap. Made myself get up the second day for a shower, but wasn't as mobile as first Em CS, but with nurses help did it and felt so much better after then it was slow and steady after that.

Take the pain medication they are offering before you need it even if its not your thing (wasn't mine) this is major abdominal surgery we are talking about and it will aid recovery.
DO NOT be afraid to ring for help, no matter how busy they are, thats what they are there for. Even if its just for a water or something to eat, or to change bubs.   cos you are unable to the first day or so.

Taking natural iron supplement before birth and after will aid recovery especially if you lose a bit of blood. I also talk spirulina tablets and BF multi vit for energy.

Don't attempt too much when you come home even if you feel fine, cos you will probably pay for it later. Just chill out with your lovely new bubs and get to know them.

Oooh and prune juice, my saviour! Going to the loo can be a mission the first time after birth and anything to help that along is more than welcome. I took a big bottle to the hospital as well as comfort food, that I could help myself to when I was awake at odd hours.

Sorry for ramble but found advice like this invaluable to prep myself and both my CS experiences were great.

millemama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote millemama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2012 at 1:22pm
Oh and in reply to you GirlsRock, scar is good doesn't bother me at all and my stomach is making a slow recovery and going down. Has taken ages to go down this time but was better than last PG where I put on weight after the birth.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InthemiddleMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2012 at 8:56pm
I found Lactulose the best for post c/s bowel movements and lots of fluids/fruit too of course.

Allong with the spatone iron supplement I also took the blackmores BF/preg supplments.

**Waves Hi** pleased not to be talking to myself
millemama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote millemama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2012 at 7:13pm
Oh I talk to myself all the time, guaranteed at least one person is listening to me, cos my 3yr old sure ain't. lol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote InthemiddleMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2012 at 10:43am
Bump for KLH
Babycakes1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babycakes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2013 at 10:46pm
Such an old thread but thought I'd see if anyone is still on here
millemama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote millemama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2013 at 10:12pm
Still getting the posts..still breathing! Haven't been here in ages tho

Babycakes1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babycakes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2013 at 9:51am
Thanks for your reply, milliemama, I'm having a c section mid jan (first baby) and thought it would be nice to chat with others in the same boat.
millemama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote millemama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2013 at 10:10am
Well I found this site brilliant and would recommend reading everything when you get the time. I personally had beautiful birthing experiences both times with an Em CS and an elective so dont let anyone tell you different. I think a lot depends on your expectations. Go into it with a positive attitude and read up on everything so you have knowledge because knowledge is power and this helps to take away that helpless feeling some woman experience. Oh and keep yourself healthy for post op recovery. Happy to answer any questions you've hit ;-)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>