FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedApril 2012 babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 204>
Author
DesSt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DesSt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2011 at 9:30pm
*Lurker In*

Congrats Harry! That must be an eager little bean who wants to join your family!

Congrats to all the other new mummy to be's as well!

*Lurker Out*
Sponsored Links

simsim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simsim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2011 at 10:28am
Very excited and nervous - this is number one for us! Still seems a little unreal! I previously had a miscarriage at 5 weeks about 3 months ago and was SO ILL for about two weeks prior (did not realise why, i got my period and everything) finally took a test and then miscarried two days later. THIS time I feel like a normal slightly more tired me - with incredible enhanced sense of smell! I have attempted to eat a few things and had to chuck them out because they me a bit queasy... Very hopeful this is a good sign! Have a good feeling about it.
Harry_S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2011 at 11:12am
thanks des and themummy! still keeping it on the dl at the mo, can't quite believe it, gotta go back to work in 4 weeks, I'll get there and have to tell them I'm leaving again in a few months

bayroba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bayroba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2011 at 12:11pm
congrats simsim. I know how you feel this is our first too and I'm trying to keep it quiet too for at least a few weeks. I think feeling sick is usually a good sign! FX for everyone it's such a nerve wrecking time!

Hun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2011 at 12:26pm
welcome simsim! Yep I'm in the same boat too, first for me :) Got my HCG results from yesterday - 300 :) And i'm having another test tomorrow to make sure they are rising nicely. I'm finding it so hard to keep it to myself, even though i know its for the best... DH was so sweet this morning, as I was leaving he goes "be good to my baby today" Made me go all warm and fuzzy!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Luvn_life View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luvn_life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2011 at 1:23pm
Awww im all teary reading your posts hun! (damn hormones!) Its such a special time when you are pregnant with your first baby!.

Well I had my bloods done today, and have a scan referral which I wil do next week (dating scan) meeting my MW on Friday which is very exciting!

I havent really got any symptoms as of yet, just getting really tired after lunch (but that could also be cos of running around after a toddler!)felling a bit icky in the mornings but nothing major yet (fx)

Should we make up a due date list so we can keep track of whos due when?

LuvnLife - #2 - 1st April - Wants a surprise
bayroba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bayroba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2011 at 2:29pm
oh Hun that is so sweet of DH
Luvn_Life you are meeting your midwife already? oh gosh that's made me think I better hurry up and ring and see if the lady I want is available! Hoping to get HCG results soon so will ring once I've got those.

naysgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naysgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2011 at 2:33pm
Congrats to all the new expectant mums. It will be exciting to watch the list grow. I have been feeling pretty good the last few days, I don't even really feel pregnant which always makes me worry. Is it normal for your doc to take a blood test when you first go to them after finding out you are pregnant? I went to my doc last week and she didn't offer me one and I don't think I had a blood test when I first found out I was pregnant with DS.

Luvn_life View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luvn_life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2011 at 2:40pm
Daydream - I thought I had better book in with her asap as there is only one independant MW here so if shes booked I have to go with hospital mw's and they dont attend the birth :( SO im very glad I got in - hopefully this birth will be a whole new experience. I have the initial consult with her on Friday which is about an hour and filling out paperwork questions etc.

Naysgirl they shouldve done bloods, they need to do all the tests incl hiv, levels of vit D, hcg etc. Perhaps phone them? or your MW and see what she says. Id definately push to get the bloods done cos if you need any extra anything they can suss out a top up.

Exciting!
naysgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naysgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2011 at 2:43pm
I was going to attempt to make up a nice April list for us but I'm not sure I know how. Anyone else know how to do that?

It was kind of random when I went to the doc, she was almost like "why are you here, you've done the test at home that said you were pregnant so you don't need to see me and just asked if I was taking folic acid etc. Will check with my MW when she rings me.

Edited by naysgirl

Hun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2011 at 3:02pm
Good idea LuvnLife, I'm not sure how to make a proper list but i'll add my details to yours...

LuvnLife - #2 - 1st April - Wants a surprise
Hun - #1 - 11th April - can't wait to meet my baby!

hmm, when are you meant to book midwives etc? I have no idea! And this is a bit of a stupid question i'm sure, but if you get a private midwife do you have to pay them or are they still funded?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

naysgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naysgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2011 at 3:05pm
I would book a midwife as soon as you can as some do tend to book up fast plus gives you a chance to make sure you get someone that you like. Unless you go through an obstetrician (sp?), then midwives are funded (correct me if I am wrong anyone?)

bayroba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bayroba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2011 at 3:14pm

LuvnLife - #2 - 1st April - a surprise!
DayDream - #1 - 2nd April - a surprise!

Hope this comes up OK, feel free to change it anyway you like
Keira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2011 at 4:24pm

LuvnLife - #2 - 1st April - a surprise!
DayDream - #1 - 2nd April - a surprise!
Keira-#3-2nd April - will find out

Hope this comes up OK, feel free to change it anyway you like

Edited by Keira
bayroba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bayroba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2011 at 4:26pm
just got off the phone with the nurse she was lovely HCG results were 480 so she reckons I am only 4 1/2 to 5 weeks which may put me later into April but I'll stick with what I've got at the moment until I get a scan in the future. woo hoo seems more real now! Just shows you charting can work if you have long cycles.

Keira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2011 at 4:30pm
Hi everyone,
I feel a bit like you Nays,a little confused over whats normal even though this is my 3rd.
When i went to the docs she said the same re folic acid etc,and i had to ask if i needed to take asprin daily like i did for my others-she didnt know.She sent me for bloods only cos when i tried to pee on the test there i couldnt.When they phoned the next day to say 'yes your definately pregnant' they didnt even tell me the HCG level, i had to ask...and she was all like 'oh i dont know,ill have to go check'.
And thats all-no talk of more bloods being taken,or dating scan or anything.
I cant even phone a midwife as im not allowed an independant-have to wait now to see if i get a letter in the post for a referal from the hosp-feel a bit lost really.
bayroba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bayroba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2011 at 5:00pm
oh Keira doesn't sound like your doc is up to much! I must admit mine didn't mention anything about follow up bloods or dating scans either, it was the nurse who had more information. Do they have a nurses station you could phone about your bloods instead?
Am so glad I have you guys to talk to about this news! keeping it quiet is so tough!

LateStarterLorna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LateStarterLorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2011 at 7:03pm
Lurking in - congrats Harry and all you other April to be Mummies

Luvn_life View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luvn_life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2011 at 8:59pm
List looks great :D
Where do you get the neat little ends to your posts? With the countdowns and stuff?

I dont think dating scans are a normal procedure, I just need one because I was breastfeeding up til a month ago so I havent had a proper period since sept 2009! Lol. I am pretty positive on my due date because I know when I ovd but because im not a doctor they dont trust my judgement.. Haha.

Hun, book your MW asap - they can book up fast in some places. Ask around other mums in your area and see who they reccommend :D MW's are free but OBs can cost around $2800 + Eeeeeek!

Keira why arent you allowed an independant MW? If you dont mind me asking.

I think as long as your pregnancy is healthy all you have done are;

Initial bloods
Nucheal scan at 12 Weeks
Glucose test at ?? Weeks
Anatomy Scan at 20 Weeks

Usually follow up bloods are only needed if your hcg levels dont correspond with your EDD, Dating scans are done if your unsure of your due date, have long cycles or dont have regular periods etc.

I could be wrong though so dont quote me on that!
Keira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2011 at 6:58am
Hi Luvn,

I have a heridatory condition called factor 5 leiden,it means im more prone to blood clots than other people.With my 1st child,i was sent the hosp at 5mths preggy and basically told facts and figures of women with the same condition out of 96 pregnancies only 5 ended with live births-theres a big risk of clots on placenta causing miscarriage/still birth etc.
And so im supposedly meant to be more monitered during pregnancy and alot afterwards when clotting is more at risk.
My experience with my other 2 babies meant i wasnt seen by anyone until 26wks,and with my last baby after a c-section i was discharged with 90 needles and told to inject myself in the stomach for 6wks,and then i wasnt seen again till 3mths after birth.As i have successfly had 2 live births with no probs they told me then i wouldnt have to be under hosp care if i went onto have more babies-however no independant middy will touch me due to the above *sigh*
Sorry for the long journal lol
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 204>