FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAugust 2012 Babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 125>
Author
Peytons-Mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peytons-Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2011 at 11:22am
haha, wisdom!
Is certainly going to be weird going through it all again!

I do hope our thread fills up a bit soon, but I guess we are still in the first week, not everyone is crazy like me and counts down to the days I can test!
Really looking forward to sharing this journey with you & anyone else who comes along!

Edited by Alias
Sponsored Links

MakeItWork View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MakeItWork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2011 at 1:10pm
Likewise Alias, it is going to be an exciting journey for us all

TTC Since Oct 10 - PCOS

Our beautiful girl sadly born sleeping April 2012

nannikin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nannikin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2011 at 6:07pm
congrats August Mums, exciting times can't be long before you have a whole bucketload of ladies joining you!
troutpout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troutpout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2011 at 7:27pm
*lurks* yay makeitwork! Congratulations, so excited for you xxx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MakeItWork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2011 at 7:46pm
Thanks nankin and TP - wow 28 weeks already how exciting!!! I hope you are doing well.

TTC Since Oct 10 - PCOS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peytons-Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2011 at 6:37am
Yep, definitely another BFP with FMU this morning!
Now, the shock is about to set in....!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MakeItWork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2011 at 8:00am
Yey Alias, nice to have that confirmation of a second day!! Did you tell your DH/DP yesterday or was he with you when you tested? I bet he is super excited!

I am trying really hard to keep up some gentle exercise at the moment as I want to stay fit and healthy. I managed a 45min swim yesterday and have just been for a 30min walk this morning. It's amazing how quickly you can feel unfit, I was puffing a bit more than I would have liked going up a big hill this morning - eeek!! Just need to make sure I keep it up now!!

Still no nausea so FX that continues!!!

TTC Since Oct 10 - PCOS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peytons-Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2011 at 8:13am
Well, I got a typical male response from DF, a few grunts etc. lol He is stoked I think, we had "planned" it but I think it may have happened a little earlier than he expected.

Good on you for keeping up the exercise, you will definitely feel better down the track for it. Alot of people use pregnancy as a excuse to be lazy and eat rubbish, which isn't really doing your body any favours, especially with impending labour! I only put on 7kgs with my DD1, and lost most of it breastfeeding, so hoping for a repeat performance.

Yay for no nausea!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MakeItWork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2011 at 8:22am
Wow that is great I can only hope to put on such a small amount of weight! I only need to look at a chocolate cake and I put on 1kg I am making sure I eat really well at the moment, lots of whole grain snacks and fresh fruit and veg so as long as I can keep that up with the exercise I should be OK. It is Christmas that is the worry but at least I get to avoid the drinking this year!!

Funny about your DF, I bet it can be a bit of a shock if it happens sooner than expected! We had the opposite in that we were trying for so long we both couldn't quite believe it when it did happen. I still don't believe it sometimes!! Might have to go for my antenatal bloods today just to make it feel real again!!

Edited by MakeItWork

TTC Since Oct 10 - PCOS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peytons-Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2011 at 8:34am
Considering all I ate in the first trimester was pies last time around, I think I did pretty well! Wait till the food aversions kick in, they are terrible! I ate meat by the cowload, anything savoury, pies/shapes/pasta etc etc and couldn't stand anything sweet for weeks.
Made lunchtimes at work very difficult!

I think DF will be pleased that he doesn't have to drive this christmas! lol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MakeItWork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2011 at 12:26pm
He he that sounds like it could get interesting, I can't wait to see what I find I must have/can't stand!! My DH is convinced I will just want ice cream and chocolate all the time, craving or not

Yes our other halves do get a good deal out of the no drinking don't they, especially at this time of year!!

I am so excited, my mum gets here on Saturday. She lives in the UK and Turkey (splits time between 2) and I haven't seen her for almost 2 years apart from on Skype. She doesn't know we have been TTC and I can't wait to tell her I am UTD!!! We are really close and this will be her first grandchild (well proper one, she has a few step-grandchildren). I am going to be a big bag of nervous excitement for the rest of the week

TTC Since Oct 10 - PCOS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peytons-Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2011 at 12:33pm
Oh, that is so exciting! Are you going to be creative with how you tell her? I have only told a couple of people so far, hoping to get a dating scan, then I will feel more confident about announcing it to the world (and I will stop hiding on ohbaby! )

I do think that your body "craves" what it needs, I definitely needed the carbs by the way I was hoovering savoury food, and obviously the iron from all the meat I ate. Seriously, I remember having a piece of porterhouse when I was about 20 weeks, and it was the best tasting thing I had ever had! (Really hoping you are not a vegetarian right now, or I am sounding like a real *ss!)

Have you got yourself a midwife yet? Just debating when to call around, as the one I had first time around was completely useless, so need to shop elsewhere.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MakeItWork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2011 at 12:41pm
He he no worries on the vegetarian front, I am mostly gutted about not being able to eat my steaks rare anymore - no fair!!! I'd rather not have it than have to have it cremated

I saw my doctor last week and she gave me the form so I can go and get a dating scan when I am at that point, which I am sure I will as, like you, I will feel more confident about it all then.

So far I have only told our closest friends (a couple who went through similar fertility issues to us so we confided in them about that) and my sister. Now I will just be telling my mum before we get to the 12 week safety buffer. Hopefully having Christmas in the mean time will help the time pass quickly until we can properly announce it!

We are going to see a midwife tomorrow evening to see what she is like. I am very keen to make sure we get one that is a good fit as I have heard so much about how much it can ruin the experience if not. So I am prepared to 'shop around' if necessary to make sure we are 100% happy.

I want to ask what area you are in but I know you are trying to stay incognito so I will have to wait until you 'come out'

ETA - oh yeh I am thinking about presenting my mum with an apple seed (or something similar) and when she asks what it is I will say 'that is about the size your grandchild is right now' and see how quickly she catches on. With my sister we went out for dinner and I told her I was having the buffet platter for 2 and she said 'what, why?' and I said 'well I am eating for 2'. It was classic, she was so excited!

Edited by MakeItWork

TTC Since Oct 10 - PCOS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peytons-Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2011 at 12:51pm
hehe, I will PM you where I am from & my other username.
I already had a friend figure out who I was (I had told her I am pregnant) so she was having a lurk before.
*waves*

Definitely want to go with a MW you are comfortable with..I thought mine was brilliant, and she turned out to be completely useless, but alot of that was due to the circumstances of the labour. You will know immediately if you like/trust them, I think it's an instinctual thing!
Bells&Gem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bells&Gem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2011 at 8:17pm
Hey ladies, I am hoping to join but I have to wait patiently for 2 weeks Grrrrrrrrrrrr but have very tender boobs and so tired so fingers crossed :D

But congrats to you 2.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MakeItWork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2011 at 8:53pm
Good luck B&G, I will keep my FX for you!! I hope the next 2 weeks go quickly for you!

TTC Since Oct 10 - PCOS

LivMcD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LivMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2011 at 9:22am

*lurker in* Yah congrats MIW, I was in the clomid cycle with you for a bit, its nice to see other ladies from there coming into the due date thread!

DrNic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrNic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2011 at 9:43am
Congrats. If you'd like to help us with a research project about giving birth please see www.firsttimebirth.co.nz Cheers
Bells&Gem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bells&Gem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2011 at 10:46am
I hope it goes quick too MIW I have a bit on been xmas and 2 other littlies so hopefully it'll fly by

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peytons-Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2011 at 11:40am
Good luck Bells & Gem! The TWW seems sooooo long!
It does help to have other kids to keep you busy though, hoping that will be the case with the whole pregnancy for me!
How are you doing MIW? I had my first real bout of MS this morning, no vomiting or anything, but man did I feel seedy! Really hoping that's as far as it goes. With DD1 I only had nausea and that was enough.

hehe, hope some others join us soon, or we will be getting to know each other really well!

ETA: Are you taking any vitamins/folic acid? Last time I took Elevit, which is so ridiculously expensive.
I just rang and made an initial appointment with a MW, which she said was a good idea as they get very busy & have holidays over christmas. Anyway, to get to the point, she asked if I was taking anything which I am, the blackmores pregnancy vitamins but I don't think these have enough FA.

Edited by Alias
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 125>