FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJanuary 2013 Babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 89>
Author
CandyBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CandyBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 6:08pm
Hi ladies I would love to join in just got me BFP - this is number 2 but had a m/c a couple of months ago so very be very cautious this time - trying not to get my hopes up!
Sponsored Links

Kez84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kez84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 6:23pm
Got my pregnancy confirmed last Wed, baby due Jan 2nd :)
_Lou_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Lou_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 7:18pm
Hi all, congrats to all the new BFP's! Very exciting!!

How is everyone feeling? Hope you're all well
CandyBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CandyBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 7:58pm
I am feeling pretty normal really - bit tired and hungry and bloated! I had wicked ms last pregnancy so hoping its not as bad as last time - but looking forward to it starting as well, makes me feel assured
Kez84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kez84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 8:39pm
No morning sickness, just sore boobs so far
Bee2010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bee2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 10:07pm
Lurker In

Congrats CandyBear and fx for a sticky bub .

Lurker Out

Angel Babe in our - 07/08
riceybubbles1987 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riceybubbles1987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 11:11pm
Same here, feeling good. Tired in the afternoons and sore boobs but that's it. Maybe the occasional bout of nausea but only for a couple of seconds. Congratulations for all the new people! So exciting! I can't wait 2 get more bloods done so I can check up on how everything's going!

I am so hoping this baby sticks around! After my last mc I was kinda gutted cus I thought there would be absolutely no chance now that I would have a baby before my daughter turned 3, if everything goes to plan and this baby sticks around, it will be born 2mnths before she turns 3!!! fingers crossed..
ChrisW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 7:47am
Congrats to all the new ladies!

Tired, hungry and nausea for me. With DD I vomited daily from 6 weeks until 12 weeks - I will be 6 weeks on Thursday so suspect it will start before the end of the week!

I am having a scan next Thursday - can't wait. It is a dating scan (I may be out by a few days) and a heartbeat scan (after 2 MC). However both MC happened before 6 weeks so as the end of the week gets closer I hope I will start to relax a bit more!

_Lou_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Lou_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 10:31am
That's exciting for your scan Chris, I don't have one for another 3 weeks yet. Can understand you being nervous, bring on 6 weeks! I'm only a few days behind you, I'll be 6 weeks on Saturday.

I'm mainly tired, hungry and my boobs are sore and getting bigger already! But I'm not massively endowed in that area so there is a bit of room for movement! I'm also burping like crazy (so attractive!).

Has anyone found a midwife yet? I am being told to get onto this and I guess for the time of year we're due it makes sense. I have a list of MW to call, might ring some after my BT tomorrow.

We need to get a list going too!
bluemarina View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemarina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 12:08pm
Very excited to have just passed the six-week point... from what I've heard that's when most MCs are? I think every milestone will be a huge deal for me since this is my first!

I'm feeling pretty normal as well, had some MS last week but not too bad this week, trying to keep myself well fed with veges etc, and lots of water!

Haven't looked into a midwife yet, my doctor said she'd recommend me one at the 8wk appt so I was going to wait till then... not such a good idea maybe?
CandyBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CandyBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 12:10pm
I know I will feel happier once I get to 6 weeks - mc last time was at 5 1/2 weeks! feeling tired and hungry today
CandyBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CandyBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 12:26pm
Ladies, when you did your test was the second line very dark - mine have been lightish both yest and today makes me so nervous as last time they were light too and did not get very dark then I had the mc - cant compare with first time as I was already 5 weeks when tested and it was pretty dark
Spirals View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spirals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 1:33pm
CandyBear - The first 2 tests I did were very pale but it was very early (3w2D and 3w3d) and I got my very dark line at 4w0d.
I tested early because I was already feeling and that has got worse every day since. I now feel nauseous most of the time, very tired and have very sore boobs. My DH thinks I am further along than I say, but I'm pretty sure I can't be. Having a dating scan next week to confirm it for sure.
T_pup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_pup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 4:46pm
Hi

Congratulations to all the other mum's and mum-to-be's on here!

First timer and looks like I am due on 1 Jan 2013. Very excited and very overwhelmed as well!

My husband and I have done two home pregnancy tests (on Fri night and Sat day), and then we went to family planning yesterday to get it all confirmed and to find out the next step. She didn't really do any tests (did another home test?) and ordered blood test, which I did today and expect to hear back about in the next 2 or 3 days.
Not really sure what the next step is? I see some people are already talking about getting scans at 8 weeks - am I supposed to book that in?
Very hard to keep all of this a secret :)
kiwiredhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwiredhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 5:39pm
I'm kinda lucky in that being through a Fertility clinic I get to have weekly blood tests and my first scan will be 25th and I will be 7w6d.

I had some bleeding last night, but it stopped after a few hours thankfully. I had a blood test today and it is all good with my levels rising nicely.

I am so paranoid and it seems so unreal still. I am trying to relax and enjoy being pregnant as it will probably be the only time I ever am.

I have an appointment with a midwife next week, although even she thought I was early...

Hope everyone else is doing well...
_Lou_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Lou_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 7:23pm
Kiwiredhead, sorry to hear you had the scare of spotting, that's really freaky. I have heard of lots of women spotting in early pregnancy, so I bet it was good to get the results today.

I'm the same as you and having weekly blood tests, have my 3rd tomorrow so looking forward to getting the good news tomorrow. I also have a scan booked for the 28th, at 8 weeks. I think the paranoia is normal, especially when its a dream that's been yearned for so long.

Don't worry about being early on the MW, again like you I am meeting with 2 next week and then choosing between them. They are both from the same place and I'll meet them together. They said as I'm due around 5th January a lot of MW's will be on leave then, so I reckon go find yourself a good one!

Welcome Guest too! Sorry this is my 1st time too, so I'm not entirely sure of the process, especially as I'm going through a fertility clinic who take care of all this stuff. You could talk to a midwife who will help?
bluemarina View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemarina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 8:00pm
Guest - from having talked to my doctor already (about coming off my allergy meds now I know I'm pregnant), she said the first "pregnancy" appointment we'd have would be at eight weeks. Up to us to book that in.

At the appt, she might do a scan (can't remember), and will do a pelvic exam, an STI check, poke around and make sure my inner bits are gonna make a nice warm home for baby (I'm rephrasing)... basically it doesn't sound like a fun appt! But a necessary one.

She'll also talk about whether I want a midwife or an obstetrician (?), whether I want her or another doctor to be my main "caregiver" for the pregnancy, and give me the names of some midwives/obs.

Can also decide then if I want a first-trimester scan to check for genetic abnormalities (not even something I want to think about at this stage), although I don't THINK they do the scan at that appt.

My doctor said a bunch of other stuff, but I was in complete info-overload stage. But hope that helps! :)
LittleBoPeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBoPeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 8:17pm
Hey Ladies, Just had a BFP. I assume I am due in January. I have a 9 month old son and haven't had a period in over 18 months. DH made me test because I haven't been very well. It took 18 months to get pregnant with DS and had one MC, I don't even remember having sex in the last month!

FX for sticky babies
riceybubbles1987 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riceybubbles1987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 12:04am
Hi guys, think I am probably gonna miscarry as I've started spotting today.. that is how my last 2 started so I'll just see how I go and maybe get bloods or a scan done hopefully. kinda gutted but nothing unexpected.. it topped off a horrible day too as my computer crashed and I lost a 2000 word assignment.
_Lou_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Lou_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 8:55am
Oh Riceybubbles, so sorry you've been spotting. Will keep everything crossed that this little bean stays safe x

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 89>