FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPregnant again after MC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 36>
Author
younginin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote younginin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2013 at 6:21pm
Massive family thing on here this weekend, so a fun weekend of trying to pretend Im fine so no-one knows :/ (and make sure all my food is ok)

But I'm doing ok, get really tired about 2-4 in the afternoon, and am finding I need to eat often or i get queezy, but also not really hungry.

How are you doing Redtulip?
Oct '12
💙 Sep '13
Sponsored Links

redtulip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redtulip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2013 at 8:26pm
Hi guys,

Sorry haven't checked in, have been at work today... Thurs, Fri and Sat i do 8.30am to 7.00pm so really just work, sleep and eat for me! Not stressful or hard work... just looooong day.

Lady at RPL clinic said only time they could do scans there is Thursday 1-3pm so no way I can make that. Think I mentioned, being a new job I don't want to ask... always have in the back of my mind that if I were to m/c I'd need time off so don't want to ask for this... the harsh reality of having m/c's is I tend to think so practically and cut off the emotion!
So, she has sent a scan form to Horizon Radiology, DH will phone and make and appt with them for me. Probably for next Monday (4th?) as I have Sun and Mon's off. Hate that place, was hoping to avoid going there - haven't ever had a positive visit there! (Not the place or staff BTW, just circumstance). But going to think positive - it can only help.

Kalika - try not to panic about symptoms coming and going - apparently it's very normal. Unfortunately for us we'll always overthink every symptom, or lack of; I think.

Younginin, great your DP can come to your appt, my DH is a secondary teacher and it's his first day back at school Mon 4th so no way at all he'll be able to come - nevermind.

Hope you lovely ladies are having a wonderful weekend xx
5 wee Angels - Always in our hearts - Aug '11, Feb '12, Aug '12, Feb '13, Aug '13
kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2013 at 6:49pm
Wow that is a long day!! As you say though, as least it isn't stressful or hard, just long. It is something you get used to though, I used to to 8am till 8pm in a hotel in the UK and it just means you break up your day differently in terms of milestones lol

My boobs are still sore, so am quite happy for now. I almost wish I'd get another symptom (other than tiredness and being hungry) so I can be certain this pregnancy is going to stick around.

I'm going to see how my Tuesday blood test comes back and then decide if I have a scan sooner than the 15th when I have a day off.

younginin, how did you go keeping your news a secret with your family do?
kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2013 at 9:58pm
I can't shake this feeling.. I don't even want to put it to words.
redtulip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redtulip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2013 at 7:56am
Hi Kalika,
Sounds like you're having a bit of a bad time of it - I just wanted to say that I totally understand and you're more than welcome to pm me if you ever want to. I don't think there is anything anyone can say to take away the worry or anxiety, but at least being in contact with others that truly understand lets you know you're not alone. I can totally understand your last post - getting UTD after M/C can bring up so many different and unexplainable emotions... you don't need to put it into words, I think I 'get it'... so want to offer you a big hug!

AFM - I have probably frustrated quite a few really close friends lately as I haven't returned any calls or texts from them since finding out I'm UTD. I just don't want to tell them I'm UTD or even talk about it with them. All of them have kids and have had no problems having them, so as much as they care they don't understand and I come away feeling a bit useless TBH. I'm hoping they'll all understand further down the track when I explain. I was MIA during the last 2 preg so they may suspect.

I can only hope that this next few weeks go really well for us (and younginin and others)... thanks for sharing how you feel, it makes it easier for us all to do the same. Hope today is much better for you xxx
5 wee Angels - Always in our hearts - Aug '11, Feb '12, Aug '12, Feb '13, Aug '13
kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2013 at 8:52am
The silly thing is I don't even have any real reason for feeling like this. It's just the paranoid beast in me rearing it's head!

I know totally what you mean about not wanting to tell too many people. The DAY after we found out we were expecting again a friend wouldn't take no for an answer when she offered me a wine at my own house and basically forced an answer out of me. I was really annoyed as we were still letting the new info sink in ourselves and I wasn't ready to tell anyone!

And you're right, those who have breezed through pregnancy before have no idea how overwhelming this anxiety is
younginin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote younginin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2013 at 9:25am
*hugs* for kalika. Im so glad we have this place where the people here are going thru the same thing and understand.

AFM: The weekend is nearly over, the last of the people are packing up and heading home today. There were a few times I went to say something and had to bite my lip, but otherwise it went well.

I'm blatantly lieing to my mates, im sure they will understand later on, my and DP immediate family know and thats all the support I need for now.
Oct '12
💙 Sep '13
kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2013 at 10:10am
Of course they will younginin and if they have you up about it I'd be pretty blunt that's it's your own business and nobody else's until you decide to tell!

Just went through all my dates from the last pregnancy and tomorrow's date last time was when I first recorded spotting. That is if my dates are even on target
younginin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote younginin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2013 at 2:52pm
Will be thinking of you tomorrow.

Im not looking forward to the same point in this pregnancy as when I lost the last one..
Oct '12
💙 Sep '13
kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2013 at 3:15pm
Thanks.. Yes everyone who has had a MC before says it's quite stressful getting to that same point.

Had my results back from this mornings test and I was a bit excited and didn't write it down but it was around 25000 so feeling really good Yay!
younginin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote younginin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2013 at 3:25pm
Yay for nice high results, thinking of you today.
Oct '12
💙 Sep '13
kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2013 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by younginin younginin wrote:

Yay for nice high results, thinking of you today.

Thanks, managed to keep my mind off it most of the day! Just not during toilet stops, you'll know what I mean lol
gracia View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gracia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2013 at 7:17am
I'm having a bit of a tough day. A bit of background - I miscarried our first baby last year at 5 weeks and today would have been the estimated due date. I'm now 27 weeks pregnant with a little girl :) and due at the end of April but I didn't expect to feel down down and upset today - I thought I had been coping so well.
kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2013 at 8:19am
Sorry to hear that Gracia :-( try take some time out to do something special for yourself in honour of this special day. A manicure, an icecream at lunchtime, anything you want really!
gracia View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gracia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2013 at 8:45am
Thanks kalika - I'm currently baking choc chip cookies for my DH's office :) it's somehow quite calming. How are you doing with your new pregnancy? I don't think I fully relaxed until 12 weeks but after our 9 week scan I felt a lot less stressed.
kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2013 at 10:12am
That sounds nice!

I'm doing ok. Not excited as such. Haven't bought anything yet and probably won't until we see a heartbeat or even later
gracia View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gracia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2013 at 10:42am
I wasn't excited for a very long time - probably until after the 12 week scan. DH still stresses about if bubs and I are ok - he gets so nervous before scans and OB appointments
younginin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote younginin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2013 at 10:52am
Hi Gracia. Hugs to you, must be a hard day, I like Kalikas suggestion of doing something for yourself. Im not looking forward to those milestones.
Oct '12
💙 Sep '13
redtulip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redtulip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2013 at 3:57pm
Hi Gracia, Sorry for your loss last year... I hope that today has been okay. It's totally understandable that you've found it a bit tough, no matter how well you've been coping there'll always be times that are a bit hard... with time the hurt eases a little but you always remember.
Know what you mean about the baking, I find it calming too strangely enough! Wonderful to see that your pregnancy is going well, not all that long now until met your little girl
Take care! x
gracia View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gracia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2013 at 5:35am
Thanks redtulip and younginin.

Baking was relaxing/calming until I burnt the last 5 cookies lol.

I think now is time for me to starting looking forward :) I'm so excited to meet our little girl. I've had a really smooth pregnancy so far (other than morning sickness for 18 weeks and sinus issues):)

Take care and try to relax and not stress in the early stages of your pregnancy (as hard as it is)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 36>