FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMarch 2013 babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 214>
Author
redtulip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redtulip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2012 at 11:11am
Hi ladies,
Welcome to all of you that have just joined in!
Waterbaby - are you able to go and visit DH while he's away? Fantastic he's following his dream, makes work so much more satisfying... and less like work! I'm sure the time will fly - and we're all here so always us to chat to!
Hennypenny, you're a Star! Hope you're feeling a little better and good luck for your scan!
Spunky - I'm paranoid about food and things too, think we probably all are. Saw my GP yesterday and she said that pretty much anything is fine to eat provided it is cooked through and piping hot.   
Just out of interest, asked her about decaf coffee and she said it was absolutely fine and that she wouldn't worry about normal coffee/tea either. Also asked about hot baths and showers as I love them - said she wouldn't be concerned about them either. Her main advice was to be aware of listeria and no hard core exercising like mountain biking, triathlons... hmmm, no chance of that happening - EVER! lol! Think my paranoia will keep me out of the bath and on decaf - makes you wonder how much you should trust what you read though.
Other than that, our due date is 19 March (TBC). Had all my BT's done and also having quantitive HCG BT's done over the next 4 weeks just to keep track of how we're going. GP text last night to say 1st one was good (110), so put mind at ease seeing as such early days. Will have dating scan done in first week of August, so just waiting to hear back re appt time/date.
Hope all of you with MS are feeling ok today, other than needing to pee alot I don't have any symptoms so just counting myself lucky at this stage.
Would you mind adding me to the list please waterbaby?
Thanks very much
Sponsored Links

redtulip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redtulip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2012 at 11:24am
Oh, re the early scan question - my GP has referred me for a 'dating scan' even though I'm certain of my dates. She said she can only send me for an early scan if she has a reason so 'dating scan' it is. Only wants me to go see things are ok because of my history of mc's (also the reason for the weekly HCG BT's). Guess if you said you were totally unsure of your dates your GP would refer you to have one done too?
waterbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2012 at 11:27am
Will add you now redtulip.

Ohh good to know about decaf coffee, I am so paranoid about food & cutting the coffee has been tough, its my vice that is for sure - have had a couple of small decaf although doesn't quite taste the same BUT does keep weary eyes at bay as we do a Mon/Fri coffee run and have been trying to avoid or get hot chocolate I also love baths but am sticking to showers too.

Will be able to visit DH just expensive to fly up & down + rental car, accommodation etc and he will be studying too so will try and do every 6weeks and see how we go, have business in Wgtn in Sept so will try and tie it in.

Had a couple of good weeks of exercise but have been struck with a sinus infection/flu which is lingering due to lack of anything one can take medication wise so hopefully in weekend back to some walks & cycling at the gym.

Edited by waterbaby
blondiesboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondiesboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2012 at 11:49am
Redtulip - LOL. You made me laugh about the triathalon thing! There's no way I would be caught dead doing that!!! Thankfully, we have a big energetic dog that needs long walks most days, so that's my exercise...keeps the extra flab at bay! Although, I struggled to lose the small amount of weight I gained during my first pregnancy. Hoping I don't gain too much!

So good to hear about all the food stuff. Just went grocery shopping, bought lots of fruit etc. Was going to make a creamy pasta tonight, but didn't know if wine cooked in a meal is okay? I forgot to google it before I went shopping, so will do something else.
POok1e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POok1e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2012 at 12:00pm
Hey Shakeybaby3, pretty sure cooked wine in food is ok as the heat burns off the alcohol. But better check just in case.

Speaking of wine, this avoiding alcohol is going to be so, so hard! I work in the industry and definitly not keen on telling my boss just yet, so the new vintage/product tastings and staff drinks are going to be awkward.

Managed to avoid one last night, only just though!
waterbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2012 at 1:14pm
Oh POok1e that sucks..hmm maybe you will need to be on "antibiotics" at the time of the next one, of course everyone knows alcohol and medications are a no no

Was going to do chicken baked in wine last night and decided against it as I too wasn't sure, thought best to avoid it but think you are right POokie that heat should burn off the alcohol.

Just had a terrible bought of feeling but seemed to have worked out if I start to feel hungry I need to eat something small straight away and the feeling subsides really quickly - I must be more organised with my snacks as still 5 hours of work and I only have an apple left, crap
POok1e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POok1e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2012 at 2:31pm
Lol Waterbaby, I'm coming down with a cold so thats the excuse I've given to my boss for going to the doctor tomorrow! Maybe I'll pretend to be on meds from that

newbabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2012 at 2:48pm
Got an apointment with a midwife on Tuesday

eating eating eating...im working from home, can't seem to stop eating.

i have had cravings for blue cheese, but i think it might be best to resist that one.

cant wait to find out when the first scan will be...
Keolyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keolyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2012 at 3:01pm
Hi ladies!!

Just confirmed I'm due with my second in the middle of March! I think around the 15th.. but I'm hoping to get a dating scan done as my cycles are weird and I'm not sure :)

Sorry I have't read too far back, but hope everyone is coping well and MS isn't too horrible!

I found with my last one in the morning I would make myself 'snack bags', carrot stick, cucumber sticks, crackers.. just things that were easy to nibble on to keep the queazy at bay but also not feel super bloated from eating too much. Hope that helps for some!

The food thing is really confusing, so many things say different things! Altough I have to say.. last week I had a drink, some medium rare meat and some sushi... oh well!
Last time round I was super paranoid, but this time I think I'm going to be a bit more relaxed.. Not going crazy or anything and still avaoiding deli foods, raw egg, leftovers etc.. but last time I cut out mayonaise.. and I don't think I can do that again!
Also, for those who want to cut down on caffiene.. Bell Tea makes the Bell for Kids range which is naturally caffiene free, I've been drinking the honey and vanilla one, its really tasty and I don't need to add sugar (win win!)

Anyway, FX for all those with scans coming up! I have texted my MW from my first, just waiting to hear back but she said she was free for me :) she was lovely and I had a nice natural birth with my 1st so hoping for that again :)

blondiesboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondiesboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2012 at 3:42pm
Welcome Keolyn and congrats on your second! It's great getting such a big group! And thanks for the food advice...a friend who's about to give birth to her second was way more relaxed the second time round too...She said she ate sushi etc and baby is healthy and ready to come!

Had a much better day MS wise...hopefully it's the Blackmores working! Actually enjoyed lunch today. Seems I need to eat something decent every 1 1/2 hours and snack on something in between.

waterbaby, it's good your getting your routine down well :)

Pookie, the idea about antibiotics is a good idea...I don't usually drink much and stick to lemon lime and bitters, thankfully people know that about me. I knew a friend was pregnant when she had lemonade instead of wine! Lol.
Keolyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keolyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2012 at 3:49pm
Gah tried to update my ticker.. all I did was replace what was there with a new bit and not its gone! humph. I always have trouble with these things!

With the food, I'll just stay away from alot of fast food stuff (unless its McD's or something where its way over cooked there's nothing left in there lol). Mainly cos places like sushi, subway etc.. its hard to tell how long things have been out for, and the workers personal hygiene always is a worry for me anyway (I'm a trained Chef lol) but each to their own! I know people who ate subway and were fine with it :)

waterbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2012 at 4:18pm
Welcome Keolyn, congrats on #2, hope everything goes smoothly for you. The snack bag is a good idea, I am like Shakeybaby and find little snacks often helps which is great.

POok1e I think you have your out for a little while after your Dr's visit, this will buy you a couple of weeks & of course chest infections take a lot more time to get back on track

Keolyn I will add you to the list and like many of us can update your Due Date after your dating scan.

newbabe glad you have your MW appintment sorted, makes it a little more real I think

Have a good night everyone, nearly the weekend - BT in the morning and despite it being Friday 13th I am very positive will be good news
redtulip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redtulip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2012 at 5:55pm
Wonderful to see you here Keolyn... Congrats!!
5 wee Angels - Always in our hearts - Aug '11, Feb '12, Aug '12, Feb '13, Aug '13
POok1e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POok1e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2012 at 6:22pm
Problem is I work in a wine store; tasting wine is a pretty big part of my job! EEK, managed to avoid another drink tonight.
Should be easier once I have an excuse not to (thanks winter cold!)

Been so, so hungry today; went through almost a whole packet of Rice Cakes today, will have to get some more snacks I think. I like the snack bags idea!
gretz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gretz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2012 at 7:24pm
Hi everyone,

Have been lurking for a few days meaning to join in.
This will be baby number 5 for me. Baby number 4 was meant to be the last one for us but this one must have really wanted to come and join our big family too.

Not feeling to sick at the moment unlike all my other pregnancies, make me feel slightly concerned but i am sure all will be fine when i have a dating scan on 17th of july. I think i am due the end of February but my babies are always overdue so would expect to be having this wee one in March.

Haven't been overly hungry but i am sure that will change once i am past 12 weeks along if its anything like my other pregnancies

Work is extremely busy and being pregnant i have been noticing how tired i am getting already. hopefully i don't get snapped snoozing at my desk LOL
Keolyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keolyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2012 at 10:06pm
Welcome Gretz! WOW 5 babies! go you! My DH is from a family of 6 kids and it's chaos in their house but also soo sooo cool :)
Hopefully you don't get MS for a change then!

Urgh dealing with a sick toddler is no fun! I can't tell whether I'm preggers tired or just generally tired.. oh welll!

newbabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2012 at 8:39am
Has anyone discussed birth plans with their husband/partners yet...

This is my husbands 3rd child, and my 1st. He discussed home birth with their mum, but ended up in hospital both times.

My husband and i would like a home birth, and my friend said i can also even discuss with a midwife, my husband helping to deliver the baby. I know its early days but can't help planning... Would be keen for one of those birthing pools too

healthy snacks prepared today
waterbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2012 at 8:46am
Welcome Gretz, or maybe we should call you supermum hope everything runs smoothly for you.

newbabe have not gone down the birth plan route yet, we are day by day, week by week at the moment and trying not to get ahead of ourselves but am sure our OB will raise it on the 25th so after our scan on Monday am sure it will be up for a little discussion.

POok1e nice miss on the tasting, am sure your Dr visit will buy you some time.

Felt extremely last night but after a good night sleep, no pee interruptions (yippee) I feel better this morning and have also lots of healthy snacks with me too.

Have a great day ladies. Gretz will add your dating scan and we can add your Due Date after that.
waterbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2012 at 8:48am
Hmmm I do have a question, have you all told family and friends yet? We have only told our mums & dads - although I have yet to tell my dad as our last MC was tough so want to have a good scan Monday before I tell him.

I think I will wait until the 12weeks before telling some friends and then maybe work but will see how long I can get away with wearing bulky dresses/jackets to work to hide my bump.
waterbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2012 at 8:50am

March 2nd - waterbaby
March 4th - newbabe
March 4th - megznz
March 5th - Eesti
March 7th - shakeybaby3
March 11th - maybebaby3
March 13th - POok1e
March 15th - Keolyn
March 19th - redtulip
March 19th - dream2013

July 17th - Gretz
July 18th - hennypenney
July 20th - POok1e
July 25th - waterbaby

Simply click on "QUOTE" icon top right of this post and remove the [QUOTE] pieces from the front and end of your updated reply and add your details in or let me know your details and I can update Leave these instructions so newbies to our March group can also update.

Edited by waterbaby
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 214>