FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMarch 2013 babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 214>
Author
redtulip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redtulip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2012 at 10:58am
Hi waterbaby - thats such a hard one re telling people! First time UTD told our parents and my close friends, but asked them to keep it quiet for a few weeks. Then my mums friends started saying 'congrats' when we saw them and we even got a Congrat.card in the post from one couple she knows same week I mc'd... worst part was when i confronted her about it she said "oh, they must have guessed"(.... really?! All your friends are psychic!!?)... caused her and dad to argue too as he was annoyed she'd blabbed.
Next time round we only told a couple of my close friends, then ended up telling the parents when we mc'd again, only because we were so sad they knew something was up.
So, this time round have told 3 close friends again. As much as I'd love to tell my parents I don't trust my mum to keep it quiet so probably won't say till after 12 weeks. We'll tell DH's parents though as they live 1/2 year here and other half in Samoa and they are leaving shortly. His mum has had a mc too so has been DH's support which is lovely. As for work, will wait at least 12 weeks too.
5 wee Angels - Always in our hearts - Aug '11, Feb '12, Aug '12, Feb '13, Aug '13
Sponsored Links

waterbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2012 at 12:16pm
We had pretty much the same experiences with both our MCs too, Mum was ok but Dad was so excited he told my step brothers etc & within a couple of days we MC.
The 2nd time we told no-one until the MC because we were devastated and my mum knows when something isn't right, even though she lives in Australia she called me within 30mins of finding out and asked if I was ok as she had a "sense" something was wrong - love her for it.
Definitely think we will wait till 12weeks although will tell a small group of close friends when DH has his leaving dinner at 10weeks so there is at least some support for us if we need it when he is away.

Edited by waterbaby
Keolyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keolyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2012 at 12:55pm
Afternoon ladies :)

A couple of my close friends know cos they knew we were trying, DH's close friends knew that we were trying but don't know I'm UTD but I'm terrible at keeping a scret and they're here every second day lol..
We haven't told any family yet, although I want to tell my Mum, have to talk to DH tonight about it. I think she suspects though cos I was taking folic acid when I was at her house last week (in Hanmer Springs) and didn't tell her why lol. DH wants to wait until 12 weeks to tell everyone else which is fair enough (scan pic on Facebook is easy for that! lol). Last time we told my MIL and they had told the whole rest of the family before we had a chance to! We were so angry at them! So this time, they'll be the last of the family to know cos it really annoyed us lol.

As for birth plans, I'ld like to do the same as last time I think.. except I'ld like not to be induced if poss (2 weeks overdue, she was born on my birthday!). I had a 12 hour labour with 2 hours pushing and only gas.. and iceblocks lol. I had no tears and no interventions needed so that was awesome.
But like anything to do with babies.. you can only plan so much, and it pays not to have your heart to set on something cos it can be devestating if it doesn't work out!

I think this time I would like to try the pool at the hosipital for pain relief, I had like 3 showers last time and they were great but the standing made me dizzy, but I wouldn't like to birth in the pool...

Sooo tired today! I have to make a wedding cake and 90 cupcakes today too, with little miss 13months who has been sick and won't let me put her down and wants to sit on me all the time.. fun times. Not feeling sick yet though thank goodness!

Hope everyones enjoying their healthy snacks! DH left me at home with a whole packet of toffee pops..

waterbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2012 at 1:46pm
Oh Keolyn a wedding cake, 90 cupcakes, a sick 13month old & pregnancy what have you got yourself into today, you really are a

Nice to hear what your experiences were, I love the water but don't like the idea of the waterbirth so maybe a pool option as pain relief might be a nice median for me, in water is where I am most comfortable.

Have to love family, they always want to be the first to know and let out the news, difficulty with 2 split families is 4 lots of parents & partners to tell and try to keep it secret.

AFM just got my BT results and they are super, HCG levels are over 50,000 and have more than doubled in the last week so I am extatic and now really looking forward to Monday scan.

Keolyn toffee pops sound so good right now & would give a much needed energy boost, I am struggling with the tiredness today also. Have been the hungriest I have been today and am struggling to keep up with the hunger pains, although couldn't even get through half my lunch so DH polished it off for me no worries
Keolyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keolyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2012 at 4:10pm
Ha yeah, story of my life! nothing for a while then bam! everything at once!

Glad the HCG levels are awesome waterbaby! I havent had any bloods yet... moight chase up my MW lol.. althogh I texted her in a 'take your time, call me when you can' way lol.

I'm a fountain of knowledge when it comes to thsi stuff now.. I went a bit OTT with my first and the research I did lol... but it all turned out well :)

Half the toffee pops are gone..

I waited ages for the cake to cook, quickly rushed off to have a nap while DD was still asleep, then the neighbour started hammering! then DD woke 15mins later.. oh well

redtulip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redtulip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2012 at 5:51pm
POok1e - hope your doctors appt went well - should be easier to talk your way out of drinks at work now

Hi Gretz... sorry, forgot to welcome you earlier, congrats!

Waterbaby - Fantastic re your results!!! Roll on Monday!!

Geeze Keolyn! What a Legend! Hope DD is feeling a bit better and you get a well deserved sleep in tomorrow.

5 wee Angels - Always in our hearts - Aug '11, Feb '12, Aug '12, Feb '13, Aug '13
POok1e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POok1e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2012 at 6:33pm
Hey ladies!
Doctors appt was fine; got my bloods done straight away so should know monday. Do you have to have a second round shortly after to compare?

Booked my scan for next friday the 20th and I've got a meeting with a Midwive then too. Here's hoping she is good and I dont need to look around. What do I need to know about midwives anyway?

Havent told any parents yet, just a close friend of DP and I and my little sister who I happened to see straight after I POAS and got the shock of my life. I think DP wants to tell his folks this weekend, but I dont know, might wait till after the scan to make sur everything is ok.
gretz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gretz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2012 at 7:06am
Hey Guys,

Got up early today my day started around 4 this morning. 13 month old has got the flu and ear infection. So she woke up and the others decided to follow suit. Most mornings the day start at 5 - 5:30 so not much difference.

I haven't told many people, only my mum and closest brother. I will just wait till people start noticing. I have 7 brothers and sisters. As for work i usually just wait till someone notices. I was about 20 weeks when the first person at work knew last time round.

My last 2 babies were waterbirths and absolutely fantastic. My midwife has been my midwife for the last 3 and this one. I know we will discuss homebirth as we always do and this time i may give in as i know i can manage,i just don't know if the husband can

Keolyn - Fantastic you managed all that yesterday. If it was me and the toffee pops i wouldn't have any left

Waterbaby - Awesome levels. I am looking forward to scan next week too.

Okay ladies better go and feed the tribe. Talk to you later.
blondiesboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondiesboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2012 at 9:22am
Good morning ladies!!! Happy weekend!

Had a killer of a day yesterday so too emotinal and tired to post. Got up at 5 (don't usually) to start work at 7, by 9am was transferred to a different kindy until 2, then got asked to relieve at the preschool until 5.30pm. I almost cried! Lol. But, I did it Didn't get home till 6.30pm and was seriously hysterical by that time - tired, hungry and angry at all the road works and traffic around Chch these days. Thankfully, hubby was out til 7.30 so had time to eat ALOT and calm down before he got home.

So today, just chilling! Gretz and Keolyn, don't know how you do it - but I better start getting used to it!

As per symptoms, MS has been great, disappeared after I started taking the Blackmores...makes me a little paranoid, but everything else is good, so trying not to worry. Boobs still sore as, but have changed so I know they're preparing for milk. Crazy! Oh, and have had some sharp pains that I think are growing pains, so not worried about them. Also, pretty emotional!

How's everyone else?

Waterbaby, awesome, awesome results! So thrilled for you!

Hope everyone is having a great morning!

Edited by shakeybaby3
newbabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2012 at 11:20am
Hello Ladies,

Shakeybaby3- Glad your MS has subsided

Got my first wave of MS this morning, as the husband and i were heading out the door to the market. Shocked at how quickly it came on...I almost vomitted in the kitchen sink
Put a few sick bags in the handbag just in case, but it went away as quickly as it had come on.

excited to be feeling some of the symptoms other than sore, big boobs
newbabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2012 at 12:17pm
i have been told ginger tea and peppermint great for MS
Keolyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keolyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2012 at 4:38pm
Hey everyone :)

Got the cakes done, the bride was really happy so YAY! but omg I am sooo tired! Dont know what was up with DD last night but its like she didnt sleep at all!@ I went to bed at 1am as it was and was up til 2:30 trying to shush her, DH got up to her at 5:30am and I had to get up at 7:30 *yawn! Early night for me!

MS is so strange aye newbabe? I didn't get it to bad with DD but when I did I remember it really well cos it was always really sudden and ususally just after I'ld eaten something..
I remember one day I was at work and was craving mashed potatoes.. so much so that when I got home at 3pm, I boiled a potato, mashed it and ate it. It was the most delicious thing I had ever tasted lol! But as soon as I was putting the last forkful in my mouth, MS hits and it all comes back up! so strange!!

Anyone else feel like they've been hit with the clumsy stick? its driving me mental! I'm dropping things and forgetting all over the place! and I can't blame baby brain yet cos most people don't know!

Glad you got a relax shakeybaby!

Hope everyone has a great eveing

newbabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2012 at 6:49pm
Hello Ladies,

Keoryn- Have been sooooo craving hot chips and noodles in a cup! So totally get the potato cravings So tired of being hungry. And i could devour a few slices of vogels sunflower and barley toasted with butter and marmite...This hunger is meant to last 3 months or so, so im understanding how so many woman put on a lot of weight.

Had a big teary melt down today, about nothing in particular. My husband is being very supportive.

Hope you all have a relaxing evening and no sickness
waterbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2012 at 8:56pm
POok1e I am glad to hear your appt went well and that you have scan and MW appt sorted. I was having bloods every 5-7 days to check levels were rising well, have had 4 in the last 3 weeks and gives reassurance that things are progressing well.

Keolyn congrats on the cake going well, but ohh you poor thing you really sound exhausted, hope you get to rest up

Shakeybaby3 & newbabe I can relate to the wee meltdowns, I had one on Friday after a few things compounded and when dinner turned to custard I lost the plot for an hour or so. A good cry for a bit helped I have to say.

Shakeybaby3 I am glad to hear the Blackmores is working for your MS, mine has been pretty good since Fri, eating constantly little snacks and fruit seems to help hugely

I have also had the "carb" craving for noodles but more so plain white rolls with butter & marmite or crumpets with golden syrup - certainly going to have to watch my self as I already think I have put some weight on having been sick and not able to exercise.

Excited for scan tomorrow although a little nervous too. Part of my Fri meltdown was having a wee scare when (TMI alert) I found some browny CM when I went to the bathroom - completely freaked out, luckily DH turned up at work to see me and caught me just as I came out of the ladies room, which was GREAT timing - he was very supportive.

Called FA and nurses reassured me it was normal and not to worry. Has subsided today which is a relief so hope tomorrow will bring good news.

Hope everyone has a great week - Spunky good luck for your scan tomorrow
redtulip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redtulip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2012 at 7:41am
Goodluck with your scans today waterbaby and spunky
waterbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2012 at 11:27am
Thanks redtulip.
Scan went great this morning, dated as expected bang on 7w2d so due 2nd March 2013.
Quite surreal to see the little heartbeat fluttering away too and was surprised to also get a print out to take with us, DH simply said "AWESOME" which is pretty emotional for him
Spunky how did you go today?
Hope you all had a great weekend.

Edited by waterbaby
redtulip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redtulip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2012 at 3:22pm
Thats fantastic news waterbaby!! You must be so happy!

AFM - went back to work today after being on holiday last week and my boss made me redundant!! So didn't see that one coming - was in shock for a good hour or so afterwards. Gave me 3 mths notice but the real stinker is that chances are by the time I find/start something else I wouldn't be entitled to any paid maternity leave. Also feel I'd have to tell a new employee I'm UTD out of fairness... in which case who'd employ you? Feeling very bummed out at the moment.

Edited by redtulip
waterbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2012 at 3:34pm
Oh redtulip I am so sorry, that absolutely sucks.

3months notice is one thing but in your situation offers little help - min 6months I think before entitled to maternity leave so if you act quickly you might scrape by - I believe you can choose to leave before this period and they must still pay you so look at that option as could give you enough time to get something under your belt.

I noticed another few girls in the job hunt and temping seemed to be the only real thing that could get them by potentially as limited term contracts, however they were closer to 5-6months UTD - BUT the paid maternity leave would be an issue.

Be thinking of you and try not to get too stressed, easier said than done I know, as your health and bub's is so important.

Sending big hugs your way

Edited by waterbaby
redtulip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redtulip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2012 at 4:47pm
Thanks waterbaby... not stressed at all, just gutted at timing... Will mangage okay without maternity pay, just would've been a help. In fact DH reckons its a blessing - thinks she often takes advantage of me so definately no stress from him Interesting what you've mentioned about the 3 month notice - I was wondering what might happen if I found a new position soon - not like you can tell a new employer you can't start for weeks.. might phone DOL after work tomorrow. And you're so right, none of this is that important that I'll let it effect my health
Have a lovely evening everyone, stay warm.
waterbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2012 at 5:12pm
Glad you are positive redtulip and I think a call to DOL would certainly be beneficial as this would give you some breathing space as although maternity pay is minimal it will at least help with nappies & formula....and maybe a movie night with DH
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 214>