FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMarch 2013 babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 214>
Author
waterbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2012 at 12:02pm
Shakeybaby I had the same with the boobs suddenly not sore and had a panic last week, BT came back good though so felt better.

I am in the same boat only telling our mums & dads at this point as we too learnt the hard way - certainly didn't have any MS during our last two MCs also so the queezy feeling although at least makes it feel like we are progressing.

My hard part will be weeks 11-30 as DH leaves town for 19weeks so trying to get as much done before he leaves including him running around after me which I think is fair enough seeing he won't be here.

Edited by waterbaby
Sponsored Links

blondiesboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondiesboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2012 at 4:41pm
I read that your hubby is going to police college, waterbaby? My husband was going to go into the police, but in the end, it wasn't the right thing for him. As it is, he's starting an apprenticeship at my three month mark!

Does anyone have any meals that are good to take around with you? I have the snacks thing down, but I'm so hungry and sick that I need meals. I'm relieving for work tomorrow and Friday and so worried about feeling ill!

Went and got Blackmores today. So happy I'm feeling sick, but it's hard!
waterbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2012 at 4:59pm
Yes he is off to Porirua in August, am super excited for him and timing while not perfect we think is "meant to be". Will be tough few months for us both although he will be fully occupied and me well we will see It definitely is a big decision and has to be right, hubby has always wanted to be a cop so is certainly his calling.

The meal thing is sooooo tough, I love my food (not so much now) but have found soups from the chilled section are fantastic, especially chicken chowder & pumpkin which are bit bland but seem to be best & easy to heat in the mwave. Other than that I have also found meals like weightwatchers frozen meals etc to be good too - I zap them for an extra 60secods to ensure they are piping hot.

The only other thing is fresh fruit salads with a new small pottle of yoghurt & maybe some crunchy cereal on top for fibre - while it sounds more like breakfast it is quick, easy, nutricious and tasty.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondiesboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2012 at 5:12pm
The fruit salad sounds sooo yummy! Today it was so hard eating lunch, the only thing that made me feel better about 3pm was a cheeseburger! Oh dear. But I quickly became hungry again. Yikes, really don't want to put on tonnes of weight!

Soup sounds like a good idea. Surely making a big batch and freezing it would be safe? I'm so paranoid about what I can and can't eat.

waterbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2012 at 5:21pm
I don't see any issue if you freeze it especially vege soups - I am so paranoid too and it sucks that so many foods I love are on the no go list.
I have actualloy lost about 1.5kg just from eating right but miss my soft cheeses, the odd soft serve ice-cream, the odd bakery creamed good and medium-rare steak

Oh well it will all be worth it. Hmm I think I should make soup now rather than paying the earth at the super market, weekend mission sorted

Good luck relieving tomorrow, hope the MS is kind to you - also if it gets bad I have seen a couple of site recommend motion sickness bracelets - not sure where you can buy them or how they work butu ceertainly no one mentioned they were harmful.. Acupuncture is another option too I have been told to consider.
Eesti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2012 at 6:03pm
Hi everyone,
I've just hopped over from the Feb thread, (we thought I was due 27th of Feb) but I had the dating scan today, and my EDD is now the 5th of March.
I've just been reading everyone's posts - especially the latest ones about good meals. I keep getting really worried about what to eat, and then think about what I can eat for so long that I feel sick because I've let myself get to hungry, and then the sick feeling just puts me off eating!
I had a really good Watties tin of Veggie soup this moring (omygosh it was actually amazing) and have concluded that I must learn how to make soup just like it!
Does anyone know any good, easy, veggie soup recipes?
Eesti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2012 at 6:05pm
Also, how do you get those counter things at the bottom of people's posts?
POok1e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POok1e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2012 at 6:54pm
Man, I have been so hungry today! Feel like I ate heaps and had about 7 cups of tea. Probably not ideal!

Otherwise, no other symptoms just yet, spent the morning at work googling what I should be feeling, doing, etc. I have no idea! Booked a dr appt for friday though. At least I got that sorted :)
POok1e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POok1e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2012 at 7:01pm
Why is my ticker not working :(
hennypenny View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hennypenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2012 at 7:07pm
Thanks for asking Waterbaby, yes the boys are behaving 9days until DH gets home. Been feeling yuck ,nausea if I dont eat regularly, tired and really sore boobs. Have my dating scan next wednesday but am about 6 weeks now.
Have moments of panic when I think of having 3 but at teh same time feel so blessed and just hoping all is going to be OK and I really want to see a healthy heartbeat next week (just the one though)
Spunky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2012 at 7:16pm
Hi eetie I know a really yum vege soup recipe. Get a "king" vegetable soup mix from the supermarket. Put in a large pot 3.5-4 litres of water. Add soup mix, grated carrot, diced potato, chopped celery. Can add pumpkin Or bacon hock as well (my partner and I always fight over the bacon) haha. Boil the soup til the bacon comes off the bone. Then once it's off, pull it out of pot to cut into smaller pieces.

All I want at the mOment is a marmite and cheese sandwich. Don't have any marmite in the fridge do I've resorted to buying an overpriced jar on trademe, but it will sooooo be worth it when I get it on a piece of toast or sandwich!!!

Decided on a midwife today which I'm really happy about. Go to fill in the paperwork next Wednesday.

Edited by Spunky
Eesti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2012 at 7:31pm
Thanks Spunky, that soup sounds really delicious! I must try it.
I've also been craving marmite like crazy (which I usually HATE marmite, so it's quite weird for me) luckily we had a massive jar of it from ages ago that had hardly been used, and I've now used up half of the thing just making cheese, marmite and spinach toasties (they're really good, even though they sound a bit gross!).
Have you thought of resorting to Vegemite?
waterbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2012 at 8:28am
Welcome Eesti, agree that soup sounds amazing too.

Now I am craving Marmite & Cheese Toasties (sorry Eesti not sure about the spinach )

HennyPenny I hope you have one heartbeat on your scan next week too, 3 under 2's will keep you busy enough.

POok1e we can see your ticker so you have it sorted.

Spunky glad you got your MW sorted and are happy, a good check off the list of things to do, was glad when we booked our OB so feel a bit more in control and a bit more real.

AFM - Another BT tomorrow and then first scan on Monday, which is exciting - will try and get a Due Dates and Scan Dates started as we will all start to find out when we are due soon.

Also Eesti the ticker thing is pretty simple, instructions can be found in the Forum Guidelines under Frequently asked questions. I got stuck when it came to copying over the code, you need to select the code beside "Forum" in the Lilypie site, any issues PM me and I will explain

Have a great day everyone.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondiesboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2012 at 8:48am
Morning everyone, hope you all slept well.

That soup does sound nice. I only make two soups - pumpkin and spicy lentil soup. Will have to try them and see if they make me feel better.

It's so comforting to know other people are feeling sick too. Yesterday I felt sick all day, almost no reprieve, and if I wasn't feeling sick I was feeling hungry. Only one bad day and I feel discouraged! The thought of three months or more makes me want to cry! I took my first Blackmores tablet last night and def made a difference, took one this morning and I feel better, but its still there, just not as bad. I just forced down some Wheet-bix.

You guys are so lucky to have early scans. My DR has never given me one and said that the only way I could was if I had weekly BT's and it looked like I could miscarry. Are you doing them privately or publicly? It would be nice to see the little one and know him/her is there and beating well. I'm supposed to be due on the 7th March.

Hennypenny - you seriously rock and I think that you'll be awesome, keep counting down the days!

Hey Esti! Welcome to March babies. It's nice to have so many here already.

Should we do like a due date thing like other threads do?
waterbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2012 at 9:16am
Due Dates & Scan Dates added below ladies, have updated what I can based on our chats so am missing a couple.

Edited by waterbaby
waterbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2012 at 9:39am

March 2nd - waterbaby
March 4th - newbabe
March 4th - megznz
March 5th - Eesti
March 7th - shakeybaby3
March 11th - maybebaby3
March 13th - POok1e
March 15th - Keolyn
March 19th - redtulip
March 19th - dream2013

July 16th - waterbaby
July 16th - Spunky
July 18th - hennypenney

Simply click on "QUOTE" icon top right of this post and remove the [QUOTE] pieces from the front and end of your updated reply and add your details in or let me know your details and I can update Leave these instructions so newbies to our March group can also update.

Edited by waterbaby
Guest_78284 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest_78284 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2012 at 9:52am
Hi there waterbaby, I've just been reading your post am I thought I would try and make life a wee bit better for you. You absolutely can eat cheese in nz when you are pregnant, there are strict laws and guidelines in place with frontera that ensure all dairy is pasturised so it's safe. The 'no soft cheese' is an overseas thing because they don't have to pasturise which is where the bugs can come from. You can also have an store bought mayo if you have cut the out as they are heat treated to extend the shelf life and therefore don't actually contain raw egg, you just can't have home made.
Hope this makes your pregnancy a little bit better.
Jannah
waterbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2012 at 10:18am
Thanks Jannah, hmm interesting about the soft chesses as I have been told to keep away from Brie & Camembert - have substituted for Parmesan and Vintage Cheddar so seem to be managing with those

I have to admit I have still been having Best Foods Mayo this week as it has been palatable but am avoiding Mayo when we go out because I imagine it is homemade.

Thanks for taking the time to let me know, am sure the other ladies will get some relief too as we are all struggling a little with food..
waterbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2012 at 10:22am
Originally posted by shakeybaby3 shakeybaby3 wrote:

Morning everyone, hope you all slept well.

That soup does sound nice. I only make two soups - pumpkin and spicy lentil soup. Will have to try them and see if they make me feel better.

It's so comforting to know other people are feeling sick too. Yesterday I felt sick all day, almost no reprieve, and if I wasn't feeling sick I was feeling hungry. Only one bad day and I feel discouraged! The thought of three months or more makes me want to cry! I took my first Blackmores tablet last night and def made a difference, took one this morning and I feel better, but its still there, just not as bad. I just forced down some Wheet-bix.

You guys are so lucky to have early scans. My DR has never given me one and said that the only way I could was if I had weekly BT's and it looked like I could miscarry. Are you doing them privately or publicly? It would be nice to see the little one and know him/her is there and beating well. I'm supposed to be due on the 7th March.

Hennypenny - you seriously rock and I think that you'll be awesome, keep counting down the days!

Hey Esti! Welcome to March babies. It's nice to have so many here already.

Should we do like a due date thing like other threads do?

We are having early scans as we have been going through Fertility Associates as we had unexplained fertility issues and also a history of MC so they are doing our early pregnancy monitoring - so I guess it would be considered private
POok1e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POok1e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2012 at 10:50am
Hi Ladies!

Have been feeling so hungry today; although not sick, so I guess thats a good thing! My SIL is 16wks PG so there has been a lot of baby and pregancy talk in my family the last little while so I know my mum never got morning sickness so here's hoping I'm the same

Thanks Waterbaby, got my ticker sorted, I realised I had copied the wrong code over! Oops.

Oh, and I'm roughly due 13 March. Doctor's Tomorrow AM!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 214>