FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMarch 2013 babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 208209210211212 214>
Author
Minny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 12:27am
Hello.ladies!

Have to say that I have not even very successful with dream feeding. The first time as tried it I thought it was working well until my boy spat out the bottle and gave me the biggest grin. All other attempts since then have had the same result so I gave up. Now we just have a quiet feed with no other background noise, and including chat time he still goes back down within an hour. Have come to love my early morning chat and time together!

Sometimes still wish he would dream feed so I csn get a little more sleep, but never mind. The smiles do help me sleep easy anyway.

Code snippet: PseudoHTML, UBBCode™ and BBCode. Used on most forums.

Sponsored Links

blondiesboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondiesboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 12:15pm
It's amazing how every baby is different and what works for one doesn't for another! It makes this parenting thing fun

Our poor wee LM has his first cold! Woke up congested yesterday and coughs every now and then. He's doing well though, still his happy self.

He's really picked up new talking sounds over the last few days and spoke on the phone to his grandparents

Question: How do you ladies not feel like you have to do it all? That's one reason why I have struggled with anxiety because I have such high and impossible standards for myself that I can't keep up. Just keeping up with the basic household things is a lot, and then i see all the dust and the forest that is our garden and I feel stressed. How do you accept your limitations at this time?
waterbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 12:28pm
We don't dream feed and never really did as we were feeding on demand so the 10ish feed slowly crept out to 12ish then 1ish etc and now he sleeps roughly 7ish - 4ish, settles with dummy, and wakes for feed about 5.30ish. I have found myself using a bottle now for his last feed during his 6pm bed routine as I find he is tired and doesn't do the breast as well but will take a bottle comfortably and more than he would get from BF.

SB I try to do it all too but DH has been good to step up to the mark and do a lot of the things I was trying to keep on top of and that has made a difference - I just had to realize that I needed to let him do things his way and let that "be ok" - its hard to let go but you will feel relief from doing so and the washing up / making of the bed can wait - just make time for yourself to have a nice shower during nap times.

We are seeing a big leap in chatting and babbling too in the last 2days. Was talking to my mum and he was chattering away in the background and mum thought it was great. DH and C have a lot of wee chats together which is really cute.

After C's feeding frenzy yesterday I am pretty much bone dry, only expressed 40mL last night (100mL short of normal night express) and 15mL this morning. Am going to try formula feed after his lunch sleep and express off so he has some dinner I think as express feed at night has been working pretty good.

Has anyone started introducing solids / Farax? C is doing well on BF and not sure why I feel like I would like him to start getting some variation - maybe just me being impatient for him and thinking he needs variety BUT I know he is getting everything he needs through BF.

Wow can't believe he will be 3months old on Wednesday, where has the time gone?
Ema View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 12:36pm
SB, it's hard to let the house just be sometimes. Hubby has told me not to be washing everyday haha the garden is something we go out & do together as a family on the weekend. Harper naps in her pushchair while we potter. I've made it a rule that I don't do housework when she's awake that's our precious time together they just grow far to quickly.

I'm having problems with Harper taking bottle took it once & now refuses it not to sure what to do just wanted to be able to use it as an option so I could go to the gym once a week. Any tips....
ginger22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 1:41pm
Ema we have just been through this and perseverance really paid off. We offered / tried just two feeds per day. One thing I noticed is wee man is so much more receptive when the milk is nice and warm.

SB I agree with what WB said. We also agreed on what were 'necessities' for me to get through in a day I.e dishes done, washing off the line so I don't get overwhelmed.
jessicajanea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessicajanea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 4:45pm
Ema, if they're hungry enough they will take the bottle! that's the best advise my MW gave me.

Thanks for all the dream feed help. It seems that the little lady is waking at midnight out of habit now, rather than hunger, as she used to sleep til about 2am. But then again their sleep habits are pretty eratic. I am worried about trying the dream feed cause I think she will just wake up at 12 anyway.

Also- After about 5 minutes on 1 side she just goes back to sleep- do you guys make them take the other breast to they're totally full? or just put them back to bed to try get them to last with little food? thoughts?

Edited by jessicajanea - 20 May 2013 at 4:47pm
Two angel babies

October 2010

January 2011

and...
tinx View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tinx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 5:01pm
I used to try and make AJ have a good feed, but if he didnt want it he would fall asleep so I don't bother any more, now I just put him back to bed.

Have you tried the wake to sleep method to help break the habit of waking at midnight. Its where you go in say fifteen minutes before baby would normally wake and gently rouse them slightly, either by flicking the light on and off or by touching baby so that they move. It should break the cycle and baby should continue sleeping. Do this for 5 days and the habit is broken. It didn't work for AJ, but I've heard it can be quite good.
eskimon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eskimon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 5:12pm
Shakeybaby,if youcould see my house right now you'd see that standards have definitely slipped! I guess just decide on what are "must do"s, like dishes, or washing or whatever is most important, and do that during the morning nap and then if anything else gets done it's just a bonus. Well thats what we do anyway. And save the "big jobs" like the bathroom and vacuuming for the weekend when there's someone to hold the baby!
waterbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 7:21pm
JJ have you tried to dummy bub back to sleep vs. 5min feed - assuming bub takes a dummy that is. I used to try to force the 2nd breast but would wake him more and we would end up in tension so both not happy and generally would still wake at the normal time too.

JJ I would say don't dream feed and keep doing what you are doing and let the midnight go as normal and then extend in it's own time. We got to 8-9weeks and suddenly the sleep time increased all on its own so give it time & maybe try the dummy and see how it goes - can sometimes take C 20mins of dummying to get back to sleep but he has slowly just crept past the waking points of 1am & 2am and generally now is between 3.30-4.30 that I dummy for a wake up at 5.30ish.
ginger22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 8:14pm
JJ initially the 'dream feed' was more baby boy demanding the feed, but when he no longer demanded it, I dropped it figuring that baby boy would naturally extend himself out and it has seemed to work. Sometimes we get from 7/8pm to 12am, sometimes we get to 2am, depending on how he has fed during the day.

Seems I have a very hungry boy today though!
waterbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 8:44pm
Wow I cannot believe Coen is 3months old today. Ladies where has this time gone? Also can't believe we are getting close to have been sharing our journeys with each other for a year which is AMAZING - and on that note thank you all for sharing your stories and supporting us all throughout - it is one of the most amazing things in life and to have had this amazing support has been pretty special.

PM a personal thank you especially for everything, you have become a wonderful friend which is pretty special to me x

Hope you all have a good night.
POok1e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POok1e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 9:43pm
Wow, really 3 months old? Coen is a cute baby wb. Aren't these babies just adorable at this age? C is really babbling away now, smiling heaps and being super cute.

Except for today. I've had a grumpy, grizzly baby who had a poo-plosion this morning, and then vomited all over me tonight, enough so that it was on every piece of clothing I was wearing, including underwear. I couldn't believe it! I didnt even know where to start, and df is working late so I'm home alone with him. Took his temp an it was 37.5! It came down after I stripped him of his vomit-covered PJs but still, had me worried there. It was still 37 when I finally got him to sleep just after nine. Will check with the plunket nurse at our meeting tomorrow just in case.

Hoping the grizzling doesn't continue through the night!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessicajanea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 8:12am
I think if it goes even slightly above 37.5 it's meant to be worry? Or maybe that's adults? Anyway. I can't believe it's been almost a year since we started out! Doesn't pregnancy feel like such a distant memory.
Our little lady is 9 weeks old today! Feeling very, very emotional. Am counting down to my dads wedding so she can meet the rest of the family. She will be almost 12 weeks old!!!!! AHHHH! Bless our little ones.

Two angel babies

October 2010

January 2011

and...
POok1e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POok1e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2013 at 9:07am
JJ, yep plunket nurse said over 37.5 to take him to any emergency dept or his gp just in case. And its free! It came down overnight back to normal so she said it could have been a little virus or something.

C rolled from tummy to back yesterday, twice! I couldn't believe it. He is only 9 weeks, two days old. I thought 4 months was the rolling time. Oh well, gonna have to be on my toes, he will be walking in no time. Eek.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessicajanea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2013 at 9:43am
Congrats Pookie! So cute your wee one is rolling. Our little one is rolling too from tummy to bacK! it was just after i posted my last post! Isn't it exciting! Every time i put her on her tum she just rolls away. she hasnt quite figured out the limb coordination to get to her tummy from her back!

they DO grow up too fast!

only up once in the night past 2 nights. wahoo!
Two angel babies

October 2010

January 2011

and...
blondiesboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondiesboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2013 at 10:33am
JJ, that's awesome sleep! How is LJ going with her reflux? Are the meds helping?

LM grabbed his first toy yesterday on his very own whilst lying on his jungle gym. So proud of him!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessicajanea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2013 at 12:57pm
I think that the meds are helping, but it's hard to know if it's the dairy or the reflux or if it was just she was unwell because I was unwell you know?

Aww that's so cute!! Great when they start noticing the things around them.
Two angel babies

October 2010

January 2011

and...
waterbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2013 at 3:09pm
Well Cis quite happy just lying on his back or tummy ad watching the world go by...think he is more inquisitive at the moment and just happy to be involved in everything.

Last 4 nights he has started waking multiple times in the night, very out of character and so have been giving him feeds and he is just starving. Decided this morning to start a we amount of solids to see if it will help. Yes I know it is early but am trusting my mum instincts that he needs food - he wasn't 100% sure about the concept of the spoon but did pretty well and only had about 1/2-1 tsp but seemed to like what he was tasting - apple & mango just happened to be what was in the cupboard so will get some farex and maybe some plain apple and hope this might help - so I suppose it is a wee milestone for us, although not rolling :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessicajanea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2013 at 2:37pm
Ladies, LJ has had regular poos always like she will poo every second feed or whatever. however she hasn't pooed for 24 hours. Do you ladies know when the cut off is to like... go to the doctors or whatever? have given her a little bit of water to see if that helps. thanks ladies
Two angel babies

October 2010

January 2011

and...
waterbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2013 at 5:07pm
We had a few days like that of nothing and I know Beau went nearly 2 weeks without a poo if I recall what peppermint said. I know that 24 hours isn't anything to worry about and would say if nothing come day 3 then chat to your GP. For peace of mind give plunketline a call JJ.

Well last night C had his bottle as normal and then I gave him a small amount of solids, probably no more than 1-1.5tsp, and he slept soundly until 4.45am for a feed so this certainly appears to have been the right hunch that he was waking because he was hungry so I will go again tonight and see how we go and if it continues to work then I will stick with it.

Oh JJ how was the water with LJ, did you just use a bottle - cute :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 208209210211212 214>