FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMarch 2013 babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 211212213214>
Author
blondiesboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondiesboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2013 at 3:26pm
So sorry sleeping is hit and miss - is it overnight or day time sleep? C has always been so good overnight. How are you coping?

LM is sleeping great overnight now he's having some solids but now his daytime sleeps are small! Lol. But I'd rather that than overnight by far!
Sponsored Links

ginger22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2013 at 4:26pm
We have had a rough couple of days lately, both day sleeping and night sleeping. I think it is around little man adjusting to bottle feeding and formula almost full time, but also maybe a growth spurt as he is feeding more often and us hungry with it!

It's a little harder going back to waking twice in the night and again 6 or so in the morning! Makes me realise how far we have come from 3 hourly feeds though, I am so proud of my little big boy.

Still feeling pretty guilty and emotional about shifting to formula, even though I know all these thoughts are pretty much irrational...!!! :) I will get there though.

Hope everyone else is trucking along well

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondiesboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2013 at 4:33pm
Oh PM, don't feel guilty - though it's easier said than done. What made you change? I've been giving formula top ups to LM since he was 6 weeks, though TBH, he takes more formula now than breast milk. I did feel guilty at first, but when I saw how filling it was for him and how much it helped him sleep etc, I felt good about the decision. There is no right or wrong PM, we are made to feel guilty like we're going to kill our babies in so many ways. Seriously, I have done so many things "wrong" - lol. I side sleep LM, formula top up and I've started a little solids at 3 months. But I know what's right for him and so far, nothing has gone wrong! Do what you believe or need to

Sorry the days and sleeps haven't been good - he'll right himself again, they always do!
Kat15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kat15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2013 at 4:45pm
Sorry to hear about sleeping problems, that's never easy!!

Gemma is sleeping great. Having a few day sleeps each day, whether its while were traveling or in her cot. Her night sleeps are great too. She's going down about 7pm now and either sleeping right through to 6.30 or wakes up at 5am for a feed then goes back to sleep till 8. I did try a dream feed a couple of times but she really isn't interested in it, she won't even open her mouth lol.

I started taking medication last Friday for feeling down and overwhelmed etc so I'm hoping it kicks in soon. We have so much going on at the moment and I just can't keep up with it all.

My girl is 10weeks old today and she or weighed last Thursday and was 7.1kgs wow!!! She's such a wee chubba bubba lol
POok1e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POok1e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2013 at 6:15pm
Kat, glad to hear you are feeling better. And that's a huge night sleep for gemma, good work!

Pm, I wouldn't feel guilty about full time formula feeding, I'm considering it for c cause he seems to be suffering nipple confusion and my poor nipples at bearing the brunt of it. Still trying to persevere, hoping it will sort itself out soon.

C has an awful cold, poor boy sounds like a truck when he breathes. Been sucking heaps today, had him in the steamy shower for ages which seemed to help for a bit. He was up two hourly last night, and been a long day cause he won't let me put him down for long. Pretty sucky 24 hours over here.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondiesboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2013 at 7:07pm
Oh Pookie, so sorry C is still ill, it must be really hard - esp with the bad night. Hoping tonight goes better, hang in there awesome mummy!
ginger22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2013 at 7:29pm
So sorry to hear of wee sick ones. I have no experience with them but I have seen dummies with clip on bits or something that help ease congestion.

We started introducing the bottle to make my pending return to work part time easier to manage, but we had suxh huge battles moving between breast and bottle, it was getting too hard. So we looked at replacing a feed, but with my poor supply expressing the feed in advance wasn't working so we went to formula. Only, the battles became horrendous and continued either until he was all screamed out and starving and accepted the bottle, or he was too tired to feed. So, we have shifted to full bottle and formula through the day and today, finally, every bottle has been accepted well, and he has taken really good amounts. I am still b feeding in the middle of the night as required.

Thanks for the support. I know I have nothing to feel guilty about, but it's so hard to shake the feeling I have let my little boy down when god we worked hard to get to where we were. In saying that, I am incredibly proud of my prem boy and that we were ever able to b feed in the first place!
Anxious New Mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anxious New Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2013 at 8:27pm
Hi ladies,
Sorry its been so long since ive been on here so ive been trying to catch up. But ive missed so much im just throwing myself in. We had a rough start, hospital for several weeks, BFing issues, depression etc etc. But we are finally getting to the light at the end of the tunnel.
My little girl is 11wks2days and shes adorable, sleeping well, finally eating well, and im loving my new journey.

Peppermint I totally understand how you feel about the formula feeding. I havent been able to breast feed my girl from day one. Yet I was pressured to keep trying and keep trying. Even though my baby girl would scream everytime I tried to BF and end up getting so upset and then id get stressed out and the bad cycle begins. Sooo I decided to go against everybody elses judgements and do what worked for me and my baby. I now express and formula feed. And she is such a happy little girl. The judgements can be so upsetting and it makes u second guess all your maternal instincts. Honestly I would just suggest to listen to your baby, you know what he needs and wants so trust yourself.
Also, just about your supply, have you asked your doctor about a medication to help milk supply?? If u havent yet, could be something to consider if you were interested. Im currently on it because my supply sometimes lacks if I dont get the chance to express as often as I should. It makes a difference. Just thought Id let u know. Sorry I cant remember the name of it.

Anyway hope everybodies doing well. Sorry Ive missed out on so much.
jessicajanea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessicajanea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2013 at 8:28am
aww the sickness. :( poor little babies. Have been very fortunate so far that my darling hasn't been sick.
I'm going to get her first jabs in the next few weeks. DH and I have decided to move over to Australia. Because there is just no work for my man here, is working 3 jobs at the moment and the secondary tax is just murder (but of course there is no full time work), we have considered relocating to a different part of NZ, but I think it's just time we made the move, while LJ is still young and doesn't knwo what's going onn. We want to be able to have a place of our own.

So so glad to hear of good sleeps.
And to those who are formula feeding do not be hard on yourself. Trust your maternal instincts. I have once again gone back on domperadone for my milk supply, i had a lovely understanding doctor who said I probably know my baby best and if I'm not convinced she's getting enough then she probably isn't.

My dad is getting married Friday! What an exciting celebration. I hope you all had some joy in your weeks xxx
Two angel babies

October 2010

January 2011

and...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondiesboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2013 at 8:36am
JJ that's lovely news, both about your dad and your move to Australia. I really hope your plans go smoothly and you can find a place to call home as well as your man finding a job that pays well and one he loves. We have to do whats best for our families

eskimon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eskimon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2013 at 9:54am
ANM, glad to see you back!

Hope those with sick bubbas are doing well.

And formula/breast ... Look as long as baby is happy that's all that matters right? I'm still breastfeeding but so looking forward to the day I can stop, which I feel guilty about too! Ah, mother guilt, never ending ha ha!
POok1e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POok1e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2013 at 6:23pm
welcome back ANM! good to hear from you!

JJ, good on you for making a decision for what is best for your little family. All the best for your move to australia!

C had an ok night overnight... his cough got worse but he slept decent, went 9-12 then 12.30 to 3.30 then 4 till 6.
still up more than normal and feeding way shorter, but all good.
His cough got worse overnight, to the point where it looked like he had stopped breathing mid cough at we had to slap him on the back to make him breathe again. Poor fella. Took him to the doctor first thing and apparently that is normal for little ones with a cough/cold. I thought Holy S***, if thats normal then I'd hate to see a severe cough. Paranoid he is gonna get whooping cough really... Doc said its stil only upper respiratory and not moved to his chest yet so here's hoping we over the worst of it. He had a better day today, not as clingy but still not well.

waterbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2013 at 2:08pm
Hi ladies, have not been on in a while but hope you are all doing well and the sick bubs are well on the mend and back to their normal selves.
We have been still having a rough time with C overnight waking every 2-3 hours and not even a dummy getting him back to sleep, so having to feed him - a new habit he seemed to have picked up when he had his last growth spurt. He is also breaking out of his swaddle more regularly but have tried the sleeping bag and no luck.

We have tried CIO twice and couldn't out last him, just felt so awful and after nearly 1.5hours I had to go to him and give him his dummy. So we have had some pretty tearful days here, which isn't nice.

On a slight positive the last 2 days when he has woken during his lunch sleep I have left him for a few minutes and he has grizzled and actually self settled back to sleep which is great without his dummy - have not tried overnight as yet due to DH needing to get up for work at 5am.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondiesboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2013 at 5:32pm
Oh WB, that's no good at all. C's been such a great sleeper from the start. You must be so tired and discouraged. It's crazy how you think your baby has started doing something consistently, and then they just go and change on you - usually two steps backward!!! I heard though that they right themselves, so hang in there, WB, he'll be back sleeping awesome in no time. How's the settling going? Is he still crying?

AFM, the pills have kicked in and its amazing feeling even keel and not so emotional. I'm still going to have to work on my worry, but I feel so much like myself, it's great.

LM is doing great. Sleeping good and has a few random bad nights. Teething, rolling, sucking, talking. Such a placid and content baby.

How's everyone else?
waterbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2013 at 7:03pm
Oh SB I am so glad you are feeling more yourself, welcome back to the normal you :) and so glad LM is doing so well. Teething wow what a superstar & rolling too - he is going places quick, hehe

Settling is not so bad and while he still grizzles at the put down he is normally to sleep pretty quick and so in that respect I feel much more comfortable. I also have a friend who is lending me a miracle blanket as she swears by them and has a Houdini baby too.

Cant believe we are off to aussie in a week, gosh I hope that he is a good traveler - I may not be allowed back in the koru club again if it doesn't go smoothly, although have tested the front pack with him and he really likes it as long as you chat to him constantly as he sees the world up high so should make customs etc a lot easier than a stroller or straight carry :)

Happy night sleep everyone
POok1e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POok1e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2013 at 3:23pm
wb, its tough to hear that you are having such a rough time with C's sleeping at the mo! Definitly get a miracle blanket for your little houdini, they are amazing! the only thing my bubba hasnt managed to bust out of yet. also, like the baby sleep consultant on Facebook if you havnet already.. every friday morning she does a 30 min free q&a session via facebook and i've picked up some good hints just reading through the posts. I think she is relativly cheap too if you needed a full consult. Hope that helps... and hope C is good for you on your trip!
SB, I am so glad you are feeling better. And yay for LM being such a happy wee thing. hope things continue on the up for you.

My C is slowly getting better, still got a little cough and stuffy nose but otherwise is back to only waking up twice a night. hoping by the time he is fully better he will be sleeping through the night.
Unfortunatley both me and DF have picked up C's cold, DF just came home early from work with the sickness.
Frantically packing and cleaning over here, moving on the weekend and man it has been hard trying to pack/clean and deal with baby at the same time. not to mention there are just boxes everywhere in our teeny place and it is just ridiculous.
jessicajanea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessicajanea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2013 at 10:43am
waterbaby please let me know how the travelling goes! in 4 weeks we will be off and i'm so terribly nervous about taking my wee lady on the plane!!!

SB so glad you are feeling better. it's always nice to feel a little bit more like yourself :)

Pookie i feel you on the packing. with DH only having one day off it means only 3 real full days of packing with him home before we move abroad! scary stuff.

I hope everyone is otherwise doing really well and getting a chance to enjoy their babies. I have had a few tearful moments just realising how quick my little lady is growing up. so big. 12 weeks old this week!
Two angel babies

October 2010

January 2011

and...
Kat15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kat15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2013 at 4:11pm
My poor girl is sick today :( since she got up this morning she has been throwing up so much. Hasn't kept any of her feeds down. She's just having a huge sleep at the moment so I'm hoping that'll help and she'll feel better afterwards.

But in other news she's sleeping through the night really well. Last night she did 7pm right through to 6.15am I was awake at 5am waiting for her to wake up lol. The last few nights he has been doing 10hrs straight which is awesome and will go back to bed again if the 10hrs means she's up before 6am.

Had my dad here for te last 4days while my husband was away and he has been amazing with both the kids and helping out so much and doing heaps of jobs round the house. I'm gonna miss him heaps.

How is everyone else going?

Was thinking......should we create a Facebook group for our due march group? May be easier to ask questions and stay in touch that way?
ginger22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2013 at 12:39pm
Hi ladies and babies, how are we all?

Sorry to hear about another cycle of sick babes, I hope they are getting well and are back to their normal cute selves soon.

As for us...We are hitting the 45 minute sleep cycles every now and then through the day, so just trying to move through them. Nights are starting to be pretty good with a handful of all nighters mixed in with 7-3 dummy then through to 6 or 7. I still tend to wake up expecting him to wake, but we are all getting there :)

Starting to introduce a cuddly type thing as part of little mans self soothing, while we are still using the dummy, and night time routine. Little man is also now fully formula fed after a horrendous time introducing the bottle and attempting mix feeding - tears all round, screaming fits and refusal to feed (from the bottle) from my little man meant I just couldn't take it and decided we needed to make the full shift. I was pretty devastated about giving up Bfeeding, but, as we needed him to be accepting a bottle for me to start back at work part time, it is just what we had to do - I am finally fine with it.

Little man is full of gurgles and coos, smiling, occassional giggles (such a tease), rolling and lots of hand play which is lovely to see. Really enjoying my little man and all that he is up to at the moment!

Hope everyone else is well!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondiesboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2013 at 2:26pm
Oh that's great to hear PM - both about the bottle and all his wee baby cuteness! Isn't this age amazing? Of course, our babies are lovely as newborns, but there is something special when they can communicate and play and return their love. Well done on moving full onto formula...I'm debating about whether or not to, LM has been playing around too much at feedtimes and I wondered if having both is just too confusing for him or allowing him to be silly. Not sure.

Kat, hope your wee girl is better!!! Poor thing. They must have no clue as to why they're feeling a certain way and can't tell us where they're feeling sick or hurting.

Well done on all the sleeps, ladies! As for LM, he's doing a dream feed between 9-10, a feed and change between 2-3 then straight to 7.30. I'd be happy if he went through, but I'm pretty happy with that. I feel fine and if I don't, I just laze around for the day or nap.

Kat, there is a March group. PM me your name and I'll add you, though we don't use it very often. Perhaps you could get us going?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 211212213214>