FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMarch 2013 babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 205206207208209 214>
Author
waterbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 1:43pm
Great sleeps ladies, especially Beau PM - he is such a wee trooper. We had a pretty unsettled night as we both appeared to have had upset tummies so we were both unsettled but normally C went back to sleep with aid of a dummy after 5-15mins and actually went to 5.15am this morning. I was naughty and gave him a massive feed so we could have a wee sleep in so left him until just before 8.30am which has probably thrown our timings out but we have no real plans other than food shopping to do in the next few days and he is asleep at the moment so all good.

Our gym has $2.50 1 hour child care sessions so once my membership starts again in June I will be back to it and know I have no excuse if DH is at work as there is 5 day sessions at the childcare centre I can book him into to coincide with classes or just weight sessions.

I too would love to get back into some boxing / kick boxing / MMA training on a social level to help with the weight loss but the cost in addition to $80 / month for a gym membership is a bit too much unfortunately so will just do high energy classes instead.

Spoke to soon and can her grizzling, off to dummy again :)
Sponsored Links

blondiesboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondiesboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 3:49pm
Nice work on the sleeps! So happy you had a great rest PM, it always makes such a difference.

Advice wanted! To all those ladies who don't do a dream feed or dropped one, how did your babies go at first? DH thinks we should drop LM's because no matter what I do, he just doesn't wake up enough to feed him properly. He won't BF and will only take between 50-80mls of formula. It's obvious he just wants to sleep from 7pm. How did their sleep change as time went on? WB, I know you spoke about this awhile ago but I couldn't find the page.
waterbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 4:20pm
Hey SB we dropped the dream feed about 7-8weeks for similar reasons and to see how far through the night he would go. When we first did this he went through until about 12-12.30am then 4ish then 7ish and slowly the 12.30 got to 1.30-2.00 and then as I used the dummy this stretched to 4ish now.

To make this work for myself I forced myself to go to bed at about 9pm knowing I was going to have to get up soon after hitting the pillow rather than staying up like normal to do dream feed and then going to bed which also helped my supply.

I was quite surprised at how quickly the time went from 12-12.30 wake to 1.30 then 4ish so am glad I did it and stuck with it.

I also think the thing is to really fill them up at the 6-7pm feed time by doing a split feed either side of his bath. I really think you will be surprised too at how well he and you cope - give it a go SB I think you will be glad you did.

edit - I could have killed my BIL today. C had a interrupted sleep morning while we were out and about so took ages to get him to sleep this afternoon and who comes home at 2.30 and slams the door and wakes him up 30mins before he was due - ohhhh I was so angry. So when he started crying I made a point of uttering "for Fs sake" under my breathe but enough to make sure he heard me. Am surprised he didn't wake DH up who had come off night shift.

Edited by waterbaby - 10 May 2013 at 4:25pm
POok1e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POok1e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 6:02pm
My poor bubba had his jabs today. I think I cried more than he did. Gonna be a cuddly night I think. Been a busy day so he hasn't slept much today.. so thrown off his game after four days of regular day sleeps. He is getting heaps better at day sleeping now.

Pm, what a great sleep for b! That's awesome!

SB, I don't dream feed, I bf bub before df get home, the df gives him 80-100ml formula about 6pm, then bath then more bf until he is drowsy. I try put him to bed slightly awake now before 8pm, and he is usually asleep by 830. Then he wakes between 2and3am, then again about 5ish. Always get him up at 7 with me and df during the week, by 8am in the weekend otherwise he gets too growly during the day.
waterbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 7:12pm
Ohh its so hard isn't it Pookie. I cried like a baby so have told DH that he is coming and holding C at the 12week jabs in 2weeks time as I was just a mess- poor wee boys.

SB I also do an express top up after his bath, have figured out how to trick C into doing both breasts now by swapping when he starts to get distracted and pulling away vs doing one side with change in between and he always goes down awake, sometimes a little drowsy but he always fights me on the swaddle now.
waterbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 8:49pm
FYI - just done some research into BF with food poisoning or tummy bug, as I think I have this, and all the research I see says to continue to BF as these illnesses do not travel through the breast milk.

Was a "just in case you were wondering" comment
ginger22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 8:27am
We dropped the dream feed too and our routine is give or take, just the same as Pookie's above. After our one wake only night, we were back to our two feeds last night which I expected. He hardly fed at the 3am time though so I think I will try and dummy him tonight and see if we can start consistently getting him down to one feed.
jessicajanea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessicajanea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 8:43am
Sometimes LJ has a sleep 4pm-6pm, and sometimes she sleeps from 4pm and goes right up until 10- and she never has another big sleep. this is really frustrating. No idea what to do. Last night we tried getting her up and doing her bed time routine but it didn't really work out. :(

edit to say I think today is the day that I start putting LJ down awake. she wakes up whenever I put her down anyway (even after an hour of trying to get her to sleep in my arms)so I think I'm going to give this a go. how long are you ladies letting your wee ones cry for until you go in and intervene?

I'm so glad to hear your babies are all sleeping rather lovely! :)
MOTHERS DAY TOMORROW! :D yay!

Edited by jessicajanea - 11 May 2013 at 8:46am
Two angel babies

October 2010

January 2011

and...
ginger22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 10:05am
JJ I am probably soft, but I follow this:
First time: 10 mins is grizzling and on / off crying, 7 mins if consistent
I then go in an comfort til he is calm, but at no point pick him up

Second set: 7 mins grizzle, 5 mins if crying

Third: 5 mins grizzle, 3 mins if crying

Fourth: 3 mins grizzle, 3 mins if crying

Then at this stage I pick up and top up for a few mins and cuddle until really calm. I have never had to repeat the cycle, and only got to the Fourth stage last night.

Exceptions are when I can hear grizzled are due to wind so I will re-burp. Everyone had different ideas about it though. I personally find having the timer great, it keeps me calmer knowing when I can go in. I settle him with bum patting, hand on chest, and dummy if he is interested. I have chosen not to pick him up each time because I think this is too stimulating for him.

Good luck! I find it incredibly tough but I think it is already starting to pay off.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessicajanea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 11:54am
I am not picking her up at all and she stays in bed for at least 2 hours. I put her down awake earlier and she went to sleep! success!
Two angel babies

October 2010

January 2011

and...
waterbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 1:34pm
Well I have just had to walk away and leave C to cry, he is fighting me all the way at the moment. Fights when I try to clothe him, fights when I try to swaddle him, fights when I put him down and today I am just about at my wits end.

I can hear him crying but I just need to step away as it is just sooo damn hard as I have no idea what is wrong. He is fed, he is changed, he is winded and I know he is tired and of course DH is asleep as come off night shift. To top it off one of our cats has been in a scrap and is limping so who knows what I am going to do there.

Oh well been a few minutes so time to go back and try and settle him again.
POok1e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POok1e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 4:48pm
Oh wb, hope you got some sleep out of coen today. Its hard when you just domt know what they want. Caleb did OK on the sleeping last night. Was down at 830 then up at 1230, then again at 230 and 430. I expected it really since he was tired from yesterday an his jabs. He seems to have a sore throat too, doc didn't seem to concerned so hoping it isnt a cold and its just from his having to cry more than normal.

C had his first birthday party today. His little friend turned one during the week and we went to their place for lunch. He was a trooper being passed around to all the ladies, even had a few little sleeps in the wrap when it got too much.

I'm hoping df got all my hints this week about mothers day. I'm not convinced he will remember its my mothers day too! Oh well, as long as I got my little boy, cards and presents dont matter.
waterbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 5:05pm
Pookie I hear you on mothers day, with DH working night shifts and knowing his usual pattern for birthdays, xmas's etc I don't expect that I will get anything. Hopefully I will just get a good day from Coen as today has been tough and teary.

Just went for a walk as I knew at least he would sleep during that and he did, however it wasn't the enjoyable walk I am used to as all I could think was why can't I tell what is wrong with my boy and why won't he sleep and stop crying.

Oh well here is hoping he sleeps well tonight and doesn't fight me.
eskimon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eskimon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 5:25pm
Ah mothers day ... i'm also not counting on getting anything. It's a tough day for me anyway as I lost my mum in 2011.

Sorry Coen is not a happy bubba WB, just remember, he is only a baby and he probably don't know why he is so grumpy either. If it helps, we had a few very bad days with DD and then all of a sudden she was back to being a happy and settled baby, hope its the same for you. And you're doing a great job.

As for us, well DD has been a bit trying today and not sleeping properly. I suspect it's because she was with her dad on his own all morning and they might have had too much fun rather than getting a good nap in. Oh well. Tomorrow is another day. Was nice to get out of the house on my own anyway.
Kat15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kat15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2013 at 8:02am
2 fantastic nights in a row. First night she slept 8.45 to 4.45 then 5.30 to 8.30. Then last night 8.30 to 5 then 6 to 7.30. I'm hoping this is a regular thing. Although if she could just stretch herself to 6.30 that would be better as that's when we're up with our son. But I'll take what I can get at the moment.

Hope you ladies are having good nights with your bubbas.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessicajanea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2013 at 8:39am
Last night I was only up once in the night!!!! My man woke the baby with a nice coughing fit about 2am... and i gave her the dummy and she went back to sleep for another half an hour, then I fed her, she went to bed at 330 ish then up at 7 (with a little help from my friend, the dummy). WAHOO. Happy mothers day ladies!
Two angel babies

October 2010

January 2011

and...
POok1e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POok1e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2013 at 8:45am
Congrats JJ, good work LJ! What a great mothers day present, decent sleep! C was up three times last night. Ugh. Although his smiley face and super cute gurgly noises he is making right now makes up for it.

Happy mothers day ladies! At least df acknowledged it, he said he hadn't had a chance to get me anything this week since he has been really busy, so he would get me something this week.
ginger22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2013 at 9:06am
Happy Mother's Day beautiful mumas. I hope those babies give everyone smiles and sleeps to melt hearts...something they are so good at!

Spoilt with a home made card, beautiful book to read to my son, and cooked breakfast.
waterbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2013 at 9:22am
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY.

Well I got a form of breakfast in bed in the way of Macca's and while its not much the fact DH remembered on his way home from night shift was enough for me, so I am happy.

An ok night with C last night only grizzled a few mins at 12.30 and went straight back to sleep (didn't even dummy him) and then awake 4ish for his feed, although he did scream the house down during his change, then woke him just before 8am.

Off for walks with grizzle bum.
tinx View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tinx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2013 at 10:41am
Happy Mothers Day Everyone!

I was spoilt with croissants and coffee for breakfast. AJ gave me a lovely bottle of wine and I'm going out with my little family for a lovely lunch. Bliss!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 205206207208209 214>