FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMarch 2013 babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 206207208209210 214>
Author
waterbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2013 at 12:39pm
Did you know that even our wee bubs need an actual passport to travel internationally and cannot travel on ours anymore? Seems ridiculous given how young they are and how quickly they change. Also needs to be signed by a JP and costs around $80NZD - unbelievable.
Sponsored Links

tinx View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tinx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2013 at 1:05pm
Is anyone else having issues with cat napping? AJ can't seem to sleep past first sleep cycle, so waking after 30min. Going to sleep is no longer an issue, staying asleep is. So want to hear that is will improve.
ginger22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2013 at 1:14pm
We have a bit of that on and off tinx. Not sure why, or what changes to mean he will sleep longer. One thing I have noted is if I can beat him to waking, or get to him soon enough, the bum tapping sends him of again pretty quickly.

Wow...I bet that passport won't last long either WB! Can't believe how expensive it all can be, but with recent safety concerns I guess better safe than sorry huh
tinx View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tinx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2013 at 1:35pm
Peppermint, tried the bum/back tapping but its only worked 2 out of the 8 times. Apparently if you can get them to sleep through for 5 days, the habit is broken. Just wish it would work consistently so that he can once again have decent naps during the day.
ginger22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2013 at 3:50pm
If you find anything that works consistently...let me know!!!
jessicajanea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessicajanea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 8:32am
LJ always wakes up after about 30 minutes. And I just don't pick her up. Give her 5 minutes, and then I just go in and try the bum tapping as well (doesn't always work) and give her her dummy so she's settled and then I leave again. It's really hard work and sometimes she cries for 2 whole hours but it's all about giving them the opportunity to sleep, you can't make them sleep but they get stimulated if you get them up. that's just what i've been doing.
Two angel babies

October 2010

January 2011

and...
sweets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 9:07am
Has anyone else been told that bub won't feed unless they are hungry?

Wondering if I offer the breast too much but have always kind of gone off the above theory.

Maybe its just a growth spurt but feel like I've been feeding ever two hours forever.
waterbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 10:49am
I have sweets and to be honest if Coen isn't hungry he won't take and will grizzle or will pull off just as I let down and I squirt everywhere - this morning case and point, haha.

So I get to brag this morning after so many rough days. C did his first full night sleep, well woke earlier than I would consider myself but did a 6.30pm - 6.00am - he did stir a couple of times and when he stirred at 4.30am I dummied him, same again 5.15am and then he was awake, hands free and wanting a feed.

Would be nice to think this will continue but we all know how things with our little ones are never predictable.

Have an appointment to see a skin doctor today as his skin is super dry, red and spotty in places so there is something going on - maybe eczema, but think this may be some of the cause of his irritation etc. recently as his clothes have been rubbing on these areas and after his bath last night he was beside himself - put some bepathan on it and he hit the roof but settled really quickly after his feed and fell asleep on the boob - very unusual for him.
mummamerc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummamerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 11:47am
Waterbaby- worst part about the passport thing for us is that we had to try take a photo or our wee boy when he was just on 1.5 weeks, (eyes open + no hands + empty background + facing camera = impossible)
he's 7 weeks now and looks COMPLETELY different! we travel this Thursday - let's hope they let us leave the country ;)
waterbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 3:14pm
Merc I was reading the photo stipulations and laughing at how the heck you are supposed to make them not smile etc. Could be interesting. Good luck. Just found out the plane we are travelling on doesn't have a bassinet - doh.
mummamerc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummamerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 5:07pm
Oh that's so annoying!!

I've considered investing in this https://flyebaby.com we have quite a few long haul trips coming up :/
waterbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 7:49pm
Ohhh I love that, wish I had thought of some ingenius idea like that. Hmm bit pricy and only can use to 25lbs (11kg) but would prob only get 2-3 uses out of it maybe but what a great thing this would be - airlines should actually hire these out to passengers or offer them FOC on smaller planes.
blondiesboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondiesboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2013 at 9:17am
Hey ladies,

Had a pretty rough weekend. LM was great, it was me. I've been diagnosed with Post-Natal Anxiety and I had a massive anxiety attack over Friday and Sat. It was awful. Barely slept, mind going a million miles a minute, tense and just couldn't get out of it. On Thurs my dr prescribed me anti-depressents to help level out my hormones which have been going crazy since LM was born, and it's a type that helps anxiety. Looking back I have put so much pressure on myself to be back to normal straight away, to have LM sleeping a certain way, putting high expectations on myself. I've felt so much pressure internally plus sleep deprevation...it just culminated last weekend. I feel a lot better, but still weak and tired. Yet I know it's only up from here and I've learnt the hard way to be kind on myself, give myself grace and accept that actually, internally, I'm not doing okay.

Sigh...But, I'm still happy
eskimon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eskimon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2013 at 10:06am
Oh shakeybaby how awful for you. Post partum hormones are no joke! Good on you for getting to your dr and getting some help. Not easy to do, well done.

Be kind to yourself and take care, onwards and upwards from here!

Bad night here, grizzle monster just not settling and up a few times which is unusual for her, normally get at leasT a 7 hour stretch from her but last night it was 3 hourly... Ugh. Hoping it was just a bad night and things will get better today! In saying that, she's grizzling a bit in bed as I write this... Damn it I wanted a couple of hours nap out of her so I could relax, feel a bit like death today!
waterbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2013 at 1:04pm
SB good on you for recognizing the signs and seeking professional advice from your Dr. I am sure you will recall very early on in this forum a number of us commented that we had, myself included, suffered from depression and the sorts and were worried about how this might affect us but we all agreed that knowing and getting help is critical and you should be so proud that you have done something about it.

You are right the only way is up and with your prescription, Citalopram maybe, you will start to feel more yourself soon and it isn't forever and you are allowed to be selfish on occasion and give yourself some time out and know that you are entitled to some you time. Glad you shared with us so we can support you and hope you have a great support network at home too.

Eski could you be coming up to the 12 week growth spurt / teething?

We had our wee visit to the Dr yesterday about C's skin and he has Atopic Dermatitis so have creams galore and bath oil and even after just one treatment last night I think we have a happier, less dry bub. It will take time to get on top of it but lashings of lotion and a couple of days of the steroid cream + bath oils every day should help.

Had a pretty good day yesterday and today (fingers crossed I don't jinx myself) is going pretty good too - including daytime sleeps WOOHOO and I even baked yesterday for the first time since C was born and was nice to do something I really enjoy.

Ohh and we had another good sleep until 5.30am without a grizzle before 4.15am.

Hope you have a better day those with grizzle bums.

Ohh and we had his passport photo's taken today - definitely keeping them for the 21st as he is looking like such a wee chub in his cheeks.
jessicajanea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessicajanea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2013 at 1:48pm
SB glad to hear that you got yourself some medication, look after yourself won't you! So much pressure on us as mums, it's crazy! LJ is getting in this wee habit, she will do 8/9 til 2. then like 2.30 til 330, then 430, then 6. each time she just won't settle and wants a feed (I think, because she drinks every time). Sometimes to just make her be quiet I feed her I think I'm sure if I persevered with the dummy it would work.

When do babies start teething and things? and how do you know?
Has anyone else got really dribbly babies? Seriously as of like 4 days ago LJ just started dribbling like crazy, not just after a feed like milky stuff, just constantly! she gets wet right through her singlets!
silly little sausage.

hope everyone is having a good week so far :)
Two angel babies

October 2010

January 2011

and...
Kat15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kat15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2013 at 4:36pm
Wow what a horrible week! Gemma has been super spewy and crying and screaming like never before. Today was just too much so went to docs. Her reflux has got a ton worse and is on gaviscon. She won't keep any of her feeds down and won't lie on the floor :( after one dose of gaviscon she didn't spew her feed up yay.

To top it off my husband has been unwell since Friday and went to the docs today too and has hand foot and mouth! Omg talk about bad luck!!

I cried for the first time today too.....ok actually bawled my eyes out as it just got to me so much today.

Hope everyone else is doing better.
ginger22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2013 at 4:47pm
Shakey and Kat, Kia Kaha. Your are both doing so well! Shakey well done for seeking help, what a strong muma you are. WB I hope C's skin heals / feels better soon :)

That actually goes for all muma's on here. I think we are doing a great job! Ups and downs yes, but hey, we are all new to this.

Ups and downs here. Hit and miss with sleeps...starting to feel like we have no semblance of any routine when we should, but, oh well. I am just going to go with my little mans cues and we can set our own routines.

As for last night, I SO should have just dummied him at 11:45 as it was like a 10min feed and that was it. not up again until about 4, so at least that was ok :)
waterbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2013 at 9:14pm
PM you nailed it all on the head, we are all doing great jobs and hopefully the good days have out weighed the bad and those are what we need to remember.

Gosh I wish C actually fed for 10mins or longer, I am lucky to get 5mins a side if that but in saying that given his continued weight gain (150grams in 11 days) I am not too worried and does mean the morning feed turn around can be done in less than 30mins which is pretty good.

We had another pretty good night with only 45mins noisy grizzle about 3.30am and then he woke 5.45, back down 6.16 and then I had to wake him at 8am - yes I have been enjoying the sleep in's but prob not the best for his routine. He was pretty grizzly today, skin was a bit irritating and with 2 big bouts of diarrhea maybe had an upset tum too.

Kat hope that Gemma gets some relief, and you too of course.

SB how you holding up?
blondiesboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondiesboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 8:45am
Hey ladies,

Thanks so much for the encouragement. I'm doing okay...apparently the meds make you feel worse before you feel better, so I'm struggling. Feel down, tense, struggling to sleep etc. I've never felt this way before and I find it scary, but I'm holding on. WB, I am on citalopram - what were your experiences of it?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 206207208209210 214>