FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow are things going at the moment for everyone?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mintyfresh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mintyfresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How are things going at the moment for everyone?
    Posted: 09 October 2012 at 8:18pm
I'll go first

I've hardly been able to work a full week lately - I'm just too tired, hungry, sick, etc.
Yesterday I went home sick, and then started having sharp abdominal pains, but they seem to have resolved themselves before I went to the doctor today.

On the bright side I got to have a scan today and DH and I saw the heartbeat, baby was 19mm, and they have moved my due date forward by a few days :) quite exciting!!

I don't know what to do about the exhaustion, it is crippling.
Sponsored Links

dottydot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dottydot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2012 at 9:57pm
I'm the same with haven't been able to work a full week, and I feel terrible for it! Though I haven't been too tired at work, the nausea is crippling tho, horrible! And I have had to have a few days off with migraines as well.

That's exciting that you got to have a scan today MintyFresh! glad to hear your pains have gone away as well.

I have heard that if you try to have a rest at lunchtime (hard to do), but even if you just sit with your feet up will help more than walking around. I have even thought about driving my car to a side street and shutting my eyes for 15 minutes.
Sammy78 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2012 at 10:37pm
I am also struggling at work! DH is on night shift this week so it means picking up DS from daycare, sorting out something for dinner even though I can't cook much because the smells make me feel sick, then bath and bed! All I want to do when I get home is curl up on the couch. Fingers crossed this all passes by 12wks!!! Please!!!
Pitter patter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pitter patter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2012 at 11:10pm
Hi guys- wrote an update in the other thread b4 I saw this one but anyways- yay Minty for your scan-that is good news.
I am tired too and it doesn't help that my dd has an ear infection, but even before that most days I was fitting in a nap somehow.Yes bring on 12 weeks for some energy and also so I can tell people, having to actually lie to people as we had been trying for so long people ask if we have had luck yet-I am a bad lier!
Susmzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susmzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2012 at 7:35am
Hi all,
Although I have not had much trouble with MS hopefully I can offer you all a little light at the end of the tunnel. My fatigue has definitely decreased (I can actually stay up past 8pm!!) and my backaches also seem to have lessened. Hopefully things will be improving for everyone soon.
Roll on 2nd trimester! :)

Ok, I cannot get my ticker to work at all. Anyway I am 11 weeks today.

Edited by Susmzz - 10 October 2012 at 7:42am
Fiwi Mum View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiwi Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2012 at 9:34am
Hey Ladies, my morning sickness is in full swing, feeling sick all day and throwing up after breaky. Not nice, but reassuring none the less. The exhaustion in this pregnancy is hardest of all mine so far, and the fact we've all been sick with coughs and colds doesn't help. My 10 month old had it the worst so shes been in and out our bed for most of the week, with my poor hubby squashed on the end. We're both sooo tired, hes a dairy farmer so hes up at 4 am and with grizzly sick kids, not easy! But I guess cherish the times as they grow so fast, thankfully its only a season, Hope your all doing well. I go for a dating scan tomorrow, excited to see this little one.
Bell View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2012 at 1:50pm
Hi, my morning sickness kicked in on Saturday. Hasn't been helped by 3 sick children. Going off almost everything except fresh bread & butter!
HCG results are looking good, they don't give dating scans here sadly.
JaneyG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaneyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2012 at 2:30pm
Hey all, MS has been all over the show for me lately, sometimes its in the morning, the other day it was at dinner time....yesterday & today none at all! so so tired and having so much trouble concentrating at work...I really just want to close my eyes and have a nap...but hard thing is I am having such difficulty going to sleep at night and when I do sleep its so restless...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mintyfresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2012 at 7:21pm
I told everyone at work today - such a relief!!! Now I don't feel like everyone thinks I have some horrible contagious disease with my tiredness and nausea.

As horrid as we all feel, it is so nice that we're all in the same boat xx
JadeC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JadeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2012 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by Mintyfresh Mintyfresh wrote:

I told everyone at work today - such a relief!!! Now I don't feel like everyone thinks I have some horrible contagious disease with my tiredness and nausea.

As horrid as we all feel, it is so nice that we're all in the same boat xx

Lol, that's why I told as well!

I'm feeling ok! I'm taking anti-nausea meds for the morning sickness, so I can actually function!

I don't know if it's because it's the 2nd child or what, but I'm already finding lying on my stomach uncomfortable.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mintyfresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2012 at 10:41pm
I feel awkward lying on my tummy, but still comfortable - I'm just worried I'm squishing bubs! Crazy huh, I mean it's the size of a large raspberry encased in layers of protection and I'm worried I'll do some permanent harm by sleeping on my tummy.
Smurfette88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smurfette88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2012 at 2:56pm
I think I am very blessed I only had a touch of MS between 6-8 weeks, and I only feel sick of gag on certain textured foods, anything mushy or slimy ugh!! Other than that its just tender boobs and very tired, I consider myself very lucky compared to what some of you ladies are going through, I have no other kids to contend with and my husband runs around after me not letting me lift a finger. I'm sure that will change though once I hit trimester 2 and bounce back to normal.
Pitter patter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pitter patter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2012 at 9:25pm
Hi guys-yeah I don't want to lye on my tummy anymore either-is uncomfy but same as you Mintyfresh don't want to squash the bubs-although know that it is too early for that.
They fitted me in for a scan yesterday, turns out it is a cyst on an overy which is causing the pains, apparently probably caused by early pregnancy and should be gone by 12 weeks-will be interesting to see. The bubs is tiny, they gave an estimate of 6.1 weeks so have gone backwards a week to June 4, which means I am nolonger due in May! I know my dates are right but apparently it depends on when you ovulate/length of your cycle. Had a good heart beat which was nice. Also met midwife today just to see if I liked her and she is perfect; friendly but onto it. She is willing to travel to Waikato where I have to birth due to previous c-sec and into a vbac, seeing her again in 3 weeks to get bloods done for 12 weeks testing.
Want to tell my boss too Minty as had to lift really heavy stuff today and have been worried ever since, also very tired like you guys so at least she will know what is going on, so think I have to tell her.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mintyfresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2012 at 11:48pm
Smurfette - I'm much the same, I feel so lucky that I have no other kids to contend with, and DH is taking good care of me.

Mumma2 one - it definitely sounds like a good idea for you to talk to your boss, I know that plenty of people somehow get away with lifting heavy things all through pregnancy (my SIL is a good example!) but if you can avoid it, why not? I can't imagine that your boss would be anything but happy for you - I've been overwhelmed by the positive response at my work, and I thought that people would be quite negative because there are so few pregos for such a large team, and because we are so crazy busy.
younginin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote younginin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2012 at 5:48pm
I ended up telling work this week(had wanted to wait till 12 weeks). I work in a small team and it was getting hard to hide it. I told the boss on Monday them the team on Thursday (first day we were all there). Has made me feel a bit more pregnant, guess it makes it feel a bit more real.
Oct '12
💙 Sep '13
 Post Reply Post Reply