FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWelcome September 2013 Babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23242526>
Author
Cupcake23 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cupcake23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2013 at 7:37am
I remembered something else about cloth nappies.... My husband has always refused to use any of the nappies that have poppers on the waistband, he will only use the Velcro ones. The poppers are apparently too hard for big man hands to use and he just had too much trouble with them. So he would actually just not change a nappy if we didn't have any clean tots bots!! Lots of other brands have Velcro now too though I think.... I'm not sure if it was just an excuse though anyway.....
Sponsored Links

Iceland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2013 at 6:18pm
HI, thats a good point about the velcro Cupcake! it just made me realise the same thing happened with my hubby....He too wasnt that keen on changing the nappies after the 3 months cca when i swapped to cloth.
I agree that velro is easier for man then fiddling to find the right fit with poppers. Funny that. This time roung i m intending to do cloth right from birth as i just cant stand to see the amount of disposables going into the bin daily.
I agree that it s much of a trial and error with nappies for best fit for baby. Personaly I prefer snap in options to pockets and for me i found Pop-in nappies brilliant. They are on the "more expensive end" but OSFA so from birth to potty and they are the best night time nappies to I think. With the night time booster (or just extra bamboo insert eg from peapods) , they really did lasted the whole night even on my daughter as a toddler right up to toilet training.
Well, thats my experience:-)
Hope everyone is doing fine and enjoying the 2nd trimestr!
Im just thinking those of you due at the beginning of the month, you ll be soon due for the anotomy scan, isnt it:-) exciting!
Take care!
sem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2013 at 7:56pm
I'm showing a little bit but am also eating quite a lot so not sure what is actually bump and what is food lol. Have not been on the scales for ages as still on holiday and I think the scales here a different to mine at home. But I hadn't put on any when I left.

I can't feel any flutters yet, still waiting for it and am starting to get a bit worried again. Next MW not for another 3 weeks I think.

Re cloth nappies, I used Itti Snap in Ones last time when I started with it and loved them initially. Then the started to leak and just never fitted right on my daughter. I ended up using pockets which I got really cheap from Baby Factory. But they are one size fits all and I don't know how well they will fit on a newborn?
I actually didn't want velcro on my nappies as they always get funny in the wash.
Here we go again, another baby on it's way!
Cupcake23 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cupcake23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2013 at 4:36pm
Hiya,
Hope you are having a good time over there Sem I've never heard of anyone being unhappy with ittis before, lots of people swear by them I've never tried them myself though. Just shows that there is no one nappy that suits everyone. I've always been obsessive about re-sealing the Velcro tabs on my nappies so the velcros all look pretty much as good as new, even after over 2yrs of use. I also wonder how the cheap pockets will fit a newborn, don't think mine will, can't remember what age I started using them. The tots bots osfa can go pretty small though. And maybe ill partly use disposables for a few weeks. We will see I guess
I'm totally showing now, just since the weekend! I've even noticed my belly button is a bit shallower 18 weeks tomorrow!! Midwife appt on Tuesday so I guess after that I can pretty much book my scan for whenever, yay!

Has anyone done much baby shopping? I realized the other day that we haven't brought baby a single thing! Last time we were out buying baby stuff all the time, don't really feel the need to this time. Might get the baby clothes out in a few weeks though, after my scan, love looking over them hard to believe my big boy ever fitted them!
kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2013 at 7:18am
Hi guys, sounds like everyone is getting on ok! I'm going to a nappy workshop on Monday and am so excited! Have taken an unpaid leave day specially which is very unlike me.

I've also bought barely anything.. all I have is a baby record book, a Black Beauty kids picture book (early I know but I couldn't walk past that one!) and just yesterday, a toy lion with a rattly middle as my best friend says they are the best baby toys.

She (my best friend) on the other hand, who is 19 weeks, has basically got everything she needs!! I just find the choices so overwhelming.. I can't even decide on white or dark cot/furniture

First world problems lol

I have my first proper appt with my new MW on Monday, very looking forward to it, hope she uses the Doppler so I can hear the heartbeat. I think I felt some flutters the other night, it seemed like quite a bit of action going on in there so hope it is all ok!
ARL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ARL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2013 at 5:33pm
I am also definitely starting to show! I am quite tall and slight normally so it is quite obvious my tummy is now popping out. I even had a lady at work (who I don't know) talk to me in the corridor asking when my baby was due (didn't think I looked "that" pregnant until then)! Lucky for her I am actually expecting!!

We also haven't purchased any baby stuff yet but have been given HEAPS already - both our Mum's have gone a bit crazy with the shopping so have so many newborn - 6 month clothes! Hubby's work colleague has also given us their mountain buggy and high chair (only used for one of their kids a few years ago and both are in awesome condition) so that was a pretty good score!

So excited about the 20 week scan and finding out whether our bubba is a pink or blue!!

nina_h View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nina_h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2013 at 3:54pm
Hi all, obviously a bit late to the party but wondering if I can join the private forum. Due end of Sep with our first bubs :)
MandzG View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MandzG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2013 at 10:07am
I would love to join the facebook group too please. Have been reading all the way along - but not much action on here these days. I am due 11th Sept with my second
Emily113893 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emily113893 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2013 at 12:18pm
Hi All,
I’m new to this forum & would love to join this group. I’m due 25th Sept with our 2nd baby. My husband & I currently live in Australia, but are moving to Hawkes Bay in June/July. My husband is from Napier originally.
sem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2013 at 8:26pm
Back in NZ after nearly 5 weeks away. Little girl has been missing her Daddy and it was so cute to see her being so excited to be back home!

Haven't done much baby shopping at all, bought a few onsies while away and have a Babu order coming soon. We still have a few things from last time and will borrow some stuff. But I am trying to keep it really simple this time as I hate clutter and I ended up having way too much stuff last time which I now find unnecessary. But it's so hard to know what to get first time around as there is so much stuff out there and everybody has different opinions on what is needed and what is not.

We do however need to buy new furniture for our 2 year old and move her into the bigger room so that is something I need to get started on soonish I guess. 

How are you finding your new MW Kalika? Hope you feel more comfortable. I have an appointment with mine this week. Only the second this pregnancy, hoping to hear heartbeat. But I am finally getting kicks so am less paranoid now which makes for a nice change!

Scan is coming up in 3 weeks and still undecided if we should find out or not. I want a surprise, husband wants to find out!

Hope everybody is well and enjoying the second trimester a bit more than the first Smile
And welcome to all the new Mums joining us!

Edited by sem - 15 April 2013 at 8:27pm
Here we go again, another baby on it's way!
_Ivy_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Ivy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2013 at 9:22pm
Hi everyone, sorry I haven't posted for ages! Have been super busy and just caught up on posts. Nice to hear how everyone is getting on. I'm 17 weeks this week and finally starting to show - still could be mistaken for a big lunch though! I only just let everyone at my work know today. About three weeks ago we had another scare with some unexplained bleeding which was horrible, but after yet another day at A&E everything checked out so I guess it is just one of those things. Hopefully things will settle now I'm well into the second trimester. I'm consciously trying to take things a bit easier too as I think I was guilty of trying to keep working at the same hectic pace I was before I was pregnant. I keep thinking I'm feeling flutters but then they don't happen again for days so I think I'm just imagining it! Looking forward to feeling movement for real. Thanks to those who shared advice about cloth nappies, I really want to avoid disposables right from the start if I can so will try to get along to a nappy lady seminar. I still havent bought a single thing - it just doesnt feel real enough! i think after the 20 week scan when we find out whether we are having a girl or a boy it might finally start to sink in! Hope everyone's doing well.
bobo1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2013 at 5:51am
Had my scan last week and we are having a boy :-)

Edited by bobo1 - 22 April 2013 at 5:45pm
kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2013 at 8:30am
Hey Sem welcome back! Sounds like you had a great time away, hope the jet lag didn't get you too much when you got back

My new MW is so much better for me, she was really exactly what I was looking for, which was someone like my GP. I feel so much better with her. Phew! Such a mission finding a ne one part way through.

Good luck with your scan decision Sem, thats a real tricky one!
It's all well and good one of you finding out but they are inevitably going to let he or she slip and that'll be the end of the surprise lol
Sveta007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sveta007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2013 at 2:55am
Hi ladies,
I'm new to this forum and would like to join the private chat please :) I'm due September 25 with our first.
Have found your posts very helpful.
Iceland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2013 at 9:05pm
hi everyone,

welcome to all newly joined.
I havent posted for ages.. guess, i just dont get to go online so often now. My hubby started working from home 4 days a week which is great, but means the computer s very much occupied. Also after the first trimestr, my energy is back, which is great. Guess i m not the only one who finds less time for this online forum now....or maybe everyone "deserted to facebook"...?
Also opposite to the first trimestr time flies so much faster:-)
and i can believe that i m already going to my anatomy scan on Monday.
I m so thrilled to hopefully find out if we are havind boy or a girl.
The whole family talks about it, my son wishes for a boy and my daugher for a girl.... nor surprising....so we ll see :-)
Take care everyone!!
_Ivy_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Ivy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 5:43pm
Hi all. Well, it looks like this forum has pretty much died :( I guess all the discussion is happening on the facebook group. Can someone please PM me the details so I can join in? I wasn't keen initially because I have a public job but my pregnancy is out in the open now so I'd like to rejoin the conversation! Thanks.
Tigerish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tigerish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 9:17pm
If you read back a few pages, you should see the post from the girl to pm about the Facebook group x
Opal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2013 at 6:16pm
Hi,
I would like to join the private chat too. I have looked through old posts but can't see information on how to do it?
Thanks
Mummabear16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mummabear16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 10:32pm
I want to revive this thread!
I must admit, I am guilty for being on the Facebook group a LOT more then this, but when I came on to read and catch up on everything and to see that it was pretty dead.. it was sad!
I hope everyone is doing well!!!!!
Guest_65819 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest_65819 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2013 at 2:05pm
Hi there, please could someone send me the password for the private thread. Thanks, Katie

email is: number8wire@xtra.co.nz
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23242526>