FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWelcome November 2013 Babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2013 at 1:41pm
go to forum jump and scrol right the way down and we're at the bottom, along with the other private due date groups :)

Sponsored Links

Mrs Mac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2013 at 2:11pm
Epic! So excited you got your BFP and are joining us!

Jan '13
3kidsplusone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3kidsplusone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2013 at 2:39pm
Congrats to all the new mummies to be! :)
Naki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2013 at 4:56pm
Hi all!! So extremely ecstatic to ask if I can join the private forum - over 3 years trying and 8 months of IVF finally got a BFP!!! Due Nov 20th :)
Boppa84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boppa84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2013 at 6:15pm
Hi All,
Pregnant for the first time. Due 17th Nov.
Would love to join the private forum please.

:)
Bubno2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubno2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2013 at 3:49pm
Congrats guest_52194!
emsbet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emsbet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2013 at 5:14pm
Hi everyone, I'm pregnant with my first - due around 5th November.

I'd love to join the private forum please :)
lauraangharad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lauraangharad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2013 at 6:15pm
Hi all,

I live in Wellington. I'm pregnant for the first time. Due on 17th November.

I'm absolutely thrilled but also scared and a bit confused.

I've just been to my GP and got a bundle of information but I'm new to NZ and have no real idea about what I'm supposed to do next. My Dr told me to find a midwife and get blood tests (she gave me a lab form). But how do I know which midwife to use? I don't really understand how maternity care works in NZ. In the UK i would have been referred to a midwife at the local hospital and they would have sorted out all tests, dating and explained to me what to do and what us going to happen. I don't have anyone here to ask for advice and I feel rather lost, alone and a long way from home. Please help!

Also, please can I have access to the private forum.

Thanks
Laura
epictraveller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote epictraveller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2013 at 8:29am
Exciting Laura!

I'm not sure on the midwife thing either but I think the point here is that we can choose our own midwife (have a look online or someone else here who is in Wellington may have some advice). I know in Otago they have a website with details of heaps of midwives, Wellington may have the same. I guess doing it this way means you get to choose a midwife you think is suitable for you? I think Wellington is a tough area though so the sooner you get in the better probably. Hope that helps a wee bit!

Angel babies April 2013, Nov 2013

IVF #1 Nov 2013-CP
IVF #2 May 2014-BFN
IVF #3 Feb 2015-BFN
DS Jun 2015-BFN
Oct 16 -Natural BFP!

TTC #2
Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2013 at 8:40am
Laura- I'll chat to you when you join the private forum. We live nearby and looks like we're due about the same time Smile

Mrs Mac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2013 at 4:17pm
Laura - it's really frustrating the first time when you don't want to ask people for recommendations this early as they'll know you're pregnant! There is an old thread to recommend midwives: Recommend Your Midwife

I found it best to do a little research and decide where I wanted to give birth; hospital, a birthing centre or home. Then look for a midwife who delivers where I want to birth. When delivering at a hospital or birthing centre you have two options
1) Team/shared care. This is a team of about 5 midwives based at the hospital/birthing centre. You will probably meet all of them over your check-ups while pregnant, and whoever is on that shift will deliver your baby. At he birthing centre near me a different group of midwives do your follow-up care.
2) Independent midwives. Independent midwives often work in groups, so if your midwife is unavailable one of the others in her group will care for you at that appointment or delivery. I chose an independent midwife because I wanted to deliver at a birthing centre, but if things got complicated I wanted my midwife to be able to come to the hospital with me and continue my care there, which shared care cannot. On the other hand, things don't normally get complicated

A tip I picked u from on here, when you pick a midwife/team try googling them.

Jan '13
noxid2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noxid2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2013 at 6:57pm
Hi, im new the the ohbaby forums but could I have private forum password, im due with our 3rd on Nov 4th. Thanks
crasey2000 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crasey2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2013 at 7:03pm
Hi. Im due with my 2nd on the 15th of November. Very excited. Please may i join the private group :)
junit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2013 at 1:11pm
Hi there, due Nov 2nd. Can I please join in too?

Thanks
1stTimeMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1stTimeMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2013 at 4:19pm
hi there,

How do you gain access to the private group? I have the password but I don't see a link anywhere.

Thanks much!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lauraangharad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2013 at 4:39pm
If you scroll right down to the bottom on the forums homepage there is a series of private forums, you just click on the November one and it should ask you for the password.

I struggled to find it on the mobile-friendly version of the site.
1stTimeMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1stTimeMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2013 at 4:46pm
Thank you!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lauraangharad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2013 at 4:53pm
No problem.
Dutchy83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutchy83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2013 at 9:11am
Hi all, I found out last week that I'm pregnant with my first baby and am due on 21st November! All the best and I look forward to chatting to all you November mums to be!
Maggie110903 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maggie110903 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2013 at 11:00pm
Hi All, great to see lots of others due Nov 2103 on this site. We are expecting our first on the 16th of November.

I am finding this being pregnant a bit of an emotional roller coaster. I google waaaay to much, and think I am going to worry until at least 12 weeks!

I would love to join the private group please Skilz.

I look forward to following all your progress!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>