FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBaby Hair in Cot/Crib?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
teresa15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teresa15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Baby Hair in Cot/Crib?
    Posted: 20 March 2013 at 5:48pm
hello
I have been told by my MIL to put a cloth nappy around the matress of the crib we are using to let the newborn hair fall off into it, rather than the sheets. The nappy can go mostly around the matress however I am not entirely comfortable as it goes against the SIDs guidelines maybe?
My husband is keen for it, as his mother said to do it, and i seems to make commen sense
Does anyone do this?

Baby is due anyday so I want to make a decision asap :)
Thank you
Sponsored Links

ginger22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2013 at 5:56pm
They did this in NICU to catch any spills, and they were always talking about safe sleeping.

We have also carried on at home using a muslin folded and wrapped tightly around the mattress. Both out midwife and plunket nurse have seen this, and no comments about it being bad

I am sure you will make the decision that suits you and babe.

Good luck with the arrival :)
waterbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2013 at 6:09pm
We use the old cloth nappy in the bassinet in this manner and ensure it is well tucked in and check every time before we put bub to sleep and find that the weight of his head and upper body as well as being swaddled sees this not move at all.

This is also what Birthcare in Parnell uses as std practice for spills etc too so am very confident to continue with this.

You need to be comfortable as peppermint says so good to ask around.

Enjoy your wee one.
TeacherLady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeacherLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2013 at 7:41pm
As others said- do what you feel comfortable with.

For Fergus, the first few weeks he was home and in his bassinet, I used to put my PJ top from the night before up by his head for my smells and to catch any spills.

Then used a cloth nappy until he got to the grabby stage in his cot

Never any problems with over the face or anything.

Have fun Teresa!   
 Post Reply Post Reply