FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDermal hip piercing while pregnant

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Katchafire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katchafire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dermal hip piercing while pregnant
    Posted: 12 June 2013 at 11:02pm
Hi everyone we are 4 weeks 5 days and I have a dermal piercing on my hip. For those that don't know it is an implant and only the top shows over the skin, it cannot be removed unless surgically cut out. I don't heal the best so don't want an infection while I am pregnant however it will get stretched so badly. I am only a size 6 so am expecting a ginormous melon belly towards the end, it needs to come out. Does anyone have any advice or experience? Thanks x
Sponsored Links

avidkeo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avidkeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2013 at 8:33am
oh no idea about the piercing but I work in the medical field. I would guess that it wouldn't require too much in the way of a surgery, just a small procedure at your Dr's office? Best idea would be to talk to your Dr about it all, and probably go on a course of antibiotics to prevent the infection, there are safe ones to take while pregnant. As long as its done under sterile conditions, you should be all good!
DD born 22 April 2014. No 2: BFP 10 September due 23 May 2016 My Ovulation Chart
 Post Reply Post Reply