FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNew to NZ & going to be a mum!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
IrishMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New to NZ & going to be a mum!!!!
    Posted: 19 December 2013 at 4:58am
Hi all!! I'm a newbie to this website, so not entirely sure on how to use a forum or this website but I thought I'd give it a try!! I'm here to seek advise! As I said, I'm moving to NZ with my kiwi partner in January and having a baby in July!! So there are a lot of new changes ahead! Although my partner is great support. I'm looking for advice from those experienced kiwi mum's who have done it all in NZ! Like I heard I have to pick a midwife! How do I meet midwifes? Does the doctor line them up and do they shout out their qualifications? I'm sure that doesn't happen!! Any help and advice would be appreciated!! We're moving to Christchurch!
Sponsored Links

blondiesboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondiesboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2013 at 7:45am
Congratulations IrishMummy! How very exciting! I am due in July too and we're part of a private Facebook group if you want to join? There are about 60 of us and we chat daily.

It's right, you do have to pick a midwife. Usually you find one through recommendations. I'm from Christchurch and the midwives at Domino Midwives are great. Karen Bannen is mine. I would call them as soon as possible because I think each MW has a quota of how many women they take each month, so you try and get them as soon as possible.

NZ's midwifery/pregnancy system is the best in the world. You get to know your MW so well and it's amazing to have them at the birth, someone you have a relationship with, and they do 6 weeks postnatal care too.
IrishMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2013 at 11:48pm
Thank you so much blondiesboy!! Can you believe I have made a big mistake and I'm actually a June mummy!! Maybe the baby brain is already kicking in!!! That's the second time I have heard of Karen's name being mentioned, so I will definitely will begin the research!! Thank you again for the advise but looks like I'm going to have to switch to June mummys now cause of my mistake though! Whoops!!
 Post Reply Post Reply