FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTermination for medical reasons

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 14>
Author
antheawren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antheawren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 10:36am
Aw rd doesn't that just make your heart sing!

I love it when Aaliah points out Meika's picture or talks about my necklace being Meika's necklace!

I love that Kellan obviously knows who Micah is!

Miscarriage 5 1/2 weeks Nov 14
Miscarriage 6 weeks September 15
Sponsored Links

LP pka Rainyday View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LP pka Rainyday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 10:39am
We cross posted there Anthea. But it really is sweet. Bitter sweet.
6 MC angels
DS born 04.01.14
DD born sleeping 09.05.16 22w5d
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 12:12pm
Oh my RD. You do NOT have to suck it up. I keep telling myself that if this was my husband that had died people would totally expect different things - eg not going back to work for an extended period of time.
Yep your boss sounds like she was nice about it but I don't think she actually needed to say that to you today when you're clearly upset about being there. One step at a time hun. It will be really hard for this little bit and if you're not ready take another week. People thought I was pretty brave going back as soon as I did but each person is different. In my case I work in school, small staff, all women who totally understood our situation and my class and their families also knew our situation so I felt safe and well supported coming back as soon as I did.
Give your body and mind time to start healing.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LP pka Rainyday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 12:53pm
Thanks BC. That's the sort of kind words I needed to hear today. You are so right about it being different if it was your husband. That's exactly how I felt, I really felt like the levity of my loss was not really taken on board.
I might just be straight up with my boss and say I'm not coping and that I need a bit more time.
I feel a little better now, I've realised that home is my safe place, as soon as I got here I felt better and have ticked off another job on my list.
I have to say a little prayer and send some love to your Paige. While I wish you never had to go through this, I'm so grateful to have your guidance BC.
6 MC angels
DS born 04.01.14
GEONC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEONC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 4:25pm
Oh RD so hard hunx I remembered trying to avoid everyone post my mc ( obviously a different experience completely) but going back as a mw was def tough!!! I found all and any distraction techniques as possible. Any gaps I filled with music via my ear phones. Download some meaningless games on my ph, when I was doing clinics at hosp I would plan to be super busy or have my breaks in my car etc And avoided extra social contact as I was only just strong enough to deal with the women at work, such a hard time RD but I think over time your pain and greif doesn't lesson but you somehow become stronger to go about life. And you have to amazing reasons your Dear hubby and gorgeous son!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antheawren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 5:11pm
Omg rd your boss makes my blood boil - you don't ever have to face it if you don't want to! Grief is a terrible thing it's very consuming and being around people who know but don't say anything or people who avoid you because of it is exhausting and depressing! I found in my experience you find out who your true Friends are and I honestly was left with very few! Look after yourself honey - don't worry about the other things!

babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 6:27pm
RD I have been blessed with some other wise ppl on here (one of which is Anthea) who unfortunately know how it feels and reached out, so I'm paying it forward. No one should go through this alone and sometimes tapping out how you feel on a keyboard is a lot easier to do than speaking it out loud, but just as therapeutic.
Maybe when you're ready you could arrange to work half days? Like Anthea said grieving is exhausting so you'll be tired from that and physically recovering from birth too. I was buggered after my first 3 days then survived the next two weeks before holidays but only just. Anyway like you say be straight up. They can't refuse you time off to grieve - they'd be an ass if they did!
Have your boobs calmed down?

Geo - going back to work as a MW would've been extremely hard! Agree about the social contact. Initially I didn't want to go any where far from home when I wasn't at work. It was safe at home. Thankfully my netball team rallied round and came to see me (I live in the whops lol) for lunch one Sunday not long after so after that I felt up to spending time with them because they then became 'safe' too. I did take it slow getting back into social situations though.

Big hugs to you all xxx I hate that we all are in this stupid club.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LP pka Rainyday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 7:50am
Thanks ladies.
Boobs have calmed down heaps. Haven't had any lumps or further leakage
Going in this morning. Surely it won't be as hard as yesterday? But if Im not coping I'll leave.
I feel so raw & exposed out in public. Everyone was so chirpy (i can hear most things in the offices around me) two ladies were talking about pregnancy. It hurt so much when others came in and just said "I'm not going to say anything"
I hate that phrase. Was my daughter's life worth so little that you wouldn't acknowledge her?
I'm not going to try to hide anything or hold back tears it's too e exhausting.
6 MC angels
DS born 04.01.14
GEONC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEONC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 8:20am
You just about need a mantra that overtime you can say out loud. As not acknowledging her life is in the long run more painful! And although upsetting too when things are so recent. A good cry when shes mentioned wouldnt hurt!! When you are where you need to be it would be great to have a pic readily available for you to see and others! Hope you have a better day today!
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 11:54am
I hope your morning has gone better today RD.
There is nothing worse than the person who will not acknowledge your precious one. I have a friend who I live near and have been mates with for at least 11 years. She has not said a thing to me. Not one thing to me. She's talked to me several times and it's like the whole thing never happened. It has really hurt me. I know it's hard and I don't know how I'd cope if the shoe was on the other foot BUT I do know I would've at least sent an email or message to her with something....anything. It's even enough for someone to just say they don't know what to say. At least they've acknowledged it.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LP pka Rainyday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 1:27pm
Gosh that's really tough BC. From someone that's known you for so so long!!
I like the idea of a mantra GEO.
Morning was still hard but ever so slightly better. One lady at Work who I hadn't yet seen. Told me she was sorry and burst into tears and gave me a hug. That was actually easier to bear than being ignored! Like another lady who burst in and asked a straight up work question without even saying hello first!!
I was totally shattered after 2.5 hours so called it quits. My boss didn't look impressed but I don't give a rats
Hubby had a break at work so came home to seen me which was lovely.

Edited by LP pka Rainyday - 19 May 2016 at 1:27pm
6 MC angels
DS born 04.01.14

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LP pka Rainyday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 2:11pm
Thinking about taking tomorrow off and going in over the weekend to catch up when no-one is there.
Don't think I mentioned on here that we got Micah's pics of her casts as well as the professional photos yesterday. They were amazing.
I prepared to ball throughout looking at the photos. I got a big lump in my throat but didn't cry. I even smiled, they were so perfect. They captured all the details that I clearly remember during the time we had our girl in our arms.
I started talking to hubby about looking forward to having my body back again, no more aches and pains etc etc and that was so upsetting because it felt wrong to be saying it. I would take all of that back and then some if only I was caryying a healthy baby girl.
The mixed emotions are doing my head in. But it's so good to get them down on a screen and out of my head.
6 MC angels
DS born 04.01.14
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 3:38pm
Yep RD it was / is pretty rotten of that friend but I also have to accept that people deal with stuff in their own way and really that's just her to a tee - it's a reflection of herself not me.
I glad today was a little bit easier and that you had at least someone show they care. And I'm glad you found peace in the photos. I bawled the first time I saw Paige's but now I can handle them better.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
GEONC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEONC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 4:10pm
Im so glad that although today was difficult it was also in some ways better! Those very special memories will be so treasured for always. On our first mother's day after loss we brought a special soft toy for our next child from our wee angel. McKenna sleeps with it every night. There are also new memories you can make in Micahs memory which bring you warmth in the future is what Im trying to say.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LP pka Rainyday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 5:26pm
You are so right BC
I know what you're saying GEO. A lovely idea.
Feeling mixed emotions again as a close friend gave birth this morning. A little boy. I hate that I can't be super excited for them.
6 MC angels
DS born 04.01.14
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 8:08pm
Geo I love what you've done on Mother's Day., Making memories are important.
I got a necklace made with her foot prints - it's great because it's a visual reminder that she existed as sharing photos of her is hard for me and something I don't do.
Also building her a garden as was given some tulips and roses to plant in her memory.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antheawren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 8:29pm
I also have a memory garden every birthday I plant a new rose in there! It's called Meika's garden and started with one rose bush someone sent me called ever lasting love! We also let a balloon go each every birthday with letters written to her! Remembering and honouring her is never hard! And Aaliah loves blowing the candles out on her birthday cake!

GEONC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEONC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2016 at 6:58am
Wow such beautiful memories BC and Anthea. Sounds like you have a great traditions started. RD dont feel bad for not being super excited for her, she will understand and over time that is something that comes back. Thats one vivid thing I remembered about following that every thing is less bright and things that usually brought me joy didn't. It comes back happiness for yourself and for others
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2016 at 8:05am
Geo that's a good way to describe the aftermath. After over 6 years of trying to get pregnant and getting so close to the final joy I've got a pretty good barrier up now against things like people having babies but from time to time it still stings. My partner's (he's older than I) nephew and his girlfriend had their baby girl about a month after we lost Paige and that was very difficult. Especially watching my SIL gush over her grandchild, it hit home that in July that was supposed to be me having my precious girl being gushed over too.
Anywho I won't carry on with that strain of thinking - it's too hard and not worth the pain.
RD I hope today is another step up from yesterday. Little steps hun - each day is a new day.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LP pka Rainyday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2016 at 8:41am
It's so hard isn't it? I'm actually happy for my friends, it just makes me sad for us.
I know it will get easier, it's just a bit hard to see through the fog.
I'm so glad I've taken today off. DH has the day off too so we can have some time together. When I told my boss I wasn't coping she asked if I was getting professional help. I have been looking into it. Because I think I need it. Surely it won't makes things worse anyway!!!
I got some lovely yellow and pink tulips given to us that I planted in the garden and I figure if we move I'll just take the plants/bulbs with me.
I wore a heart shaped green stone (that was given to me for my bday a couple of years ago) during my labour and birth with Micah. I've attached the little silver heart with stamped footprints (not Micah's, it came in the SANDS box we got given) as well and wear it all the time. It's heavy enough to feel the weight of it close to my heart. Which is what I remember about Micah, she was heavy enough to feel the weight of her. I'll be celebrating/commemorating her birthday every year in some way.   

Thank you ladies, all this discussion is really helpful.

We've started a 3 day detox so that will be a good distraction. And it's got to help because I have been gorging myself on lots of junk food and it doesn't make me feel good about myself. Going to the movies with DH as well making the most of the day while DS is at daycare.

Edited by LP pka Rainyday - 20 May 2016 at 8:43am
6 MC angels
DS born 04.01.14
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 14>