FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTermination for medical reasons

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 14>
Author
LP pka Rainyday View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LP pka Rainyday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2016 at 8:14am
Desperately missing my darling girl.
I want her back with me.
6 MC angels
DS born 04.01.14
DD born sleeping 09.05.16 22w5d
Sponsored Links

babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2016 at 8:37am
No words I can say will make it better but just know that I'm right there with you.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
Kiwigirl75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2016 at 10:20am
My message to you rainy day is the same as baby crazy's. I have no words that will help but know that we are here for you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LP pka Rainyday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2016 at 12:00pm
I actually managed to get the above words out of my mouth to my husband this morning to DH.
It helped but then I found the report about my labour that I wasn't able to read last week and there was info on there We. Weren't previously aware of.
Abnormal chromosomal and genetic issues... WTF!?
We had an amnio done but weren't told that something was found. MW was here this morning and she wasn't aware of it either. So another blow that wasn't needed. Hubby is currently at school. I feel sick for him but hoping like hell it's going ok for him

Edited by LP pka Rainyday - 16 May 2016 at 12:00pm
6 MC angels
DS born 04.01.14
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2016 at 12:07pm
Oh wow RD that would be a shock if you previously didn't realise that something was amiss. I'm glad you were able to voice how you're feeling. Bottling it up isn't very useful - take it from the queen of not admitting her feelings until she boils over!. Although I get that sometimes its actually hard to open your mouth and say the words without losing it anyway.

They'll give you an appt in about 6wks? We've got ours next week.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
GEONC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEONC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2016 at 12:33pm
A couple of weeks post my mc in 2013 I received the genetic tests which showed our wee baby girl had tri 21. Its a big blow to find out that my body couldn't get it right to make a baby who could live. With already a daughter with tri 21 of which we adore. It turned it to something that affected my baby so much that she died. Being nearly 3 years ago and I now dont feel the same. But remember the shock and was def rocked by having those results. I although now have a sense of albeit relief I wouldve of course wanted a healthy baby, but didn't have to make some very tough choices later in pregnancy. My heart goes out to you and hope you will get some answers you seek to help you grieve for Micah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LP pka Rainyday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2016 at 3:08pm
definitely mixed emotions about all of that.
Had another big chat with DH about everything, it really is a tonic.
Having tomorrow off (as i don't work mondays anyway) and going to attempt to go back to work on Wednesday.
Big hugs GEO. Are you in the all clear with your current pg? Or do you still have a way to go?
All the best with your appointment BC xo
6 MC angels
DS born 04.01.14
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2016 at 4:09pm
Thanks RD. I'm not really feeling like we'll get any other answers other than what we've already been told (1-100,000 bad lucky situation) but I'm doing it for closure. Once they tell me again what I've already heard then I can focus on what's next.
Talking is totally a tonic, especially to people who get where you're at.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
GEONC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEONC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2016 at 4:13pm
Cvs was normal. So far so good, but still have to get through the next scan. Good to know this baby is genetically ok.
Your husband sounds like everything you need to get you through this! It so lovely to hear he is like water to your thirst.
antheawren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antheawren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2016 at 6:18pm
Sometimes rd I think they put things down that they think it could be! Would an amnio tell them whether it was genetic? I didn't think it would! This year I was reading my doctors notes and it said I had placental issues but it wasn't something that was known much about! That's exactly what my notes said yet my placenta came back perfect as did the autopsy!

Miscarriage 5 1/2 weeks Nov 14
Miscarriage 6 weeks September 15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LP pka Rainyday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 8:48am
Glad you will be able to get some closure next week BC
Sounding promising GEO. Will have everything crossed for you.
MW is going to find out more for us with tregards to that note on my report.
I did the daycare run this morning. Dry eyes!!! I got a bit wobbly a couple of times & I did take some rescue remedy before leaving.
Wasn't a good start to the morning as DS was being a rat and I can't seem to handle that at the mo but I'm glad I got through that first daycare run.
I have a list of jobs to keep me busy today so I should stop procrastinating.

Edited by LP pka Rainyday - 17 May 2016 at 8:49am
6 MC angels
DS born 04.01.14
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 9:00am
Good work RD. First hurdle done. Day care runs will be much easier now. I found the first initial 'doing' stuff (going to supermarket, work, etc) hard then from there it became easier.
I'm glad you've got lots to keep you busy today.
I found my tolerance of stress and everyday things was definitely lower and still is. When I'm extra tired it's worse.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LP pka Rainyday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 11:13am
just had the auckland MW who was looking after us call to say she has some scan pics to send us which is great.
I asked her about the amnio results which aren't even back yet. She said that someone would have been on autopilot and just had to enter something into my labour report with regards to the "abnormal chromosomal and genetic issues"!!
That's pretty cr@p if you ask me.
6 MC angels
DS born 04.01.14
Muma21more View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muma21more Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 11:33am
Hi LP just checking in to say I'm thinking of you and your family x
Micah, what a beautiful name. Bless her X
mother of Talia 19 months

babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 12:02pm
That is so weird RD. I wouldn't have thought they'd 'have' to write any old thing just to tick a box.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LP pka Rainyday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 2:23pm
I'm a bit gutted, another bout of worry and uncertainty that could have been avoided.

Wild weather here last night so have just been out to Micah's resting place to check in & amazingly nothing got blown away.
6 MC angels
DS born 04.01.14
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 3:06pm
I'd be inclined to bring it up at your follow up for clarification as to why it was put if nothing had been actually formally identified.

I'm glad Micah's spot was ok. She's being well looked after.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LP pka Rainyday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 4:50pm
I'll definitely bring that up!!

DS got home today and I asked him who he played with at daycare today. "Micah. I play with Micah" 😍
6 MC angels
DS born 04.01.14
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 7:44am
Aww that's cute RD. Micah will always be remembered by your little boy.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LP pka Rainyday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 10:36am
Just bailed from work.
I almost bolted at the door. It was pretty horrible to be honest, I was a shaking mess by the time I got to my desk.
I cried every time someone came in and didn't actually get around to seeing everyone. There were people that were obviously avoiding my office and I don't blame them at all.
Boss put a little pressure on when I said that I couldn't focus anymore and was going to leave. She said "I know it's hard but you have to face this all at some point but just take your time."
She was nice about it and of course she's right but it didn't help.
I have to go collect my son this arvo anyway so if I pull myself together I might go back in this afternoon. I hate feeling obliged when really I don't have to "suck it up" which is what I felt like i had to do.
6 MC angels
DS born 04.01.14
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 14>