FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDonor conceived children

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Daisy25 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daisy25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Donor conceived children
    Posted: 31 May 2016 at 11:13pm
Not sure where to post this, but just wondering if anyone is successfully out the other side of the infertility journey with donor conceived kids, and knoWs of any support groups/forums for raising donor conceived kids?
Sponsored Links

babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2016 at 10:40am
Hi Daisy. I'm not yet out the other side but hope to be one day soon. We use donor sperm so would love to meet others who've gone through the donor experience and hear what it's like out the other side.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
Daisy25 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daisy25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2016 at 12:07pm
Hi babycrazy,
I am so sorry to see the journey that you've had. I came across your story when I was reading through the boards last night. With my first pregnancy, we were in a position where we had to consider the possibility of a termination, but later test results gave us the all clear before we had to make a decision. I'm so sorry that you've had to go through such as heartbreaking loss.
It's not easy to find others who have been through the donor thing is it? Best wishes for your next step xx
lenabr199848 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lenabr199848 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2016 at 7:32pm
Hi, sorry can't help with personal exeriences, but some info you would find on http://www.eggdonationfriends.com/egg-donation-guide/ x
spanky77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spanky77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2016 at 9:44pm
Hi there, I have a 3 year old we conceived using DS. I'm aware of a few other people out there who have used it successfully too. I'm happy to chat to you both if you want to PM me, although I don't come on here a hell of a lot now, think my last log in was 2 years ago or something! Hopefully I get an email notification if you do (if I don't reply, its because the email notification was not forthcoming)

Out the other side . . . its absolutely not forefront to be honest. Its there, and its part of her story, and there's some features which look "unfamiliar" when I really look for it, but its also quite intriguing, like there's this whole aspect of her genes we'll never really know and understand.
3x miscarriages, balanced translocation likely culprit.

BFP from 2nd round IVF, The Bonk born in May 2013
pagerlvy33237502 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pagerlvy33237502 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2019 at 12:12am
We have yet to have kids. But we have signed for surrogacy de. We will be parents to a child that was conceived using donor eggs and carried by another woman. And honestly if not for all of the forums I would not even mind raising the baby after all of this. And I do not mind right now. And I do not even think it is important to disclose it with your baby. It will only subject him to the stress we'd better avoid
 Post Reply Post Reply