FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedpcos, using donor eggs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rita220331 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rita220331 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pcos, using donor eggs
    Posted: 27 February 2017 at 1:39pm
Hello, hope for your help. I’m stuck, have no idea what to do. I’m 32, married, no kids. I was diagnosed with PCOS last year. Of course it was shocking ‘news’. We were ttc for a long time. We’ve been dreaming about having children for 8 years already. But my doctor told me about medical treatment, that medicines will help and I have all chances to get pregnant. We put all our hope in this treatment. I spent one year in clinics, buying pills and other stuff. We spent so much nerves and money on this. Unfortunately no result.

Only now I understand that everything is not that easy as I thought. I really believed that I will be that lucky one, who gets pregnant thanks to treatment. I can’t understand, why me? What have I done to deserve this. I’ve read so many stories about successful treatment. I’m happy for those women, but it makes me so sad nothing helped me… There are so many reports in the news about women, who throw their new born babies out. I personally know a couple of women, who made an abortion and not once. I’m not judging in any case! Different situation can happen in life. I’m just asking why God gives them children they don't want? And here I am, who wants to have kids more than anybody else, but I can’t. I don’t mean to be rude. I just have all this feelings and thoughts inside… They don’t let me live happily.

I can’t accept childless life. My doctor told me, that my only chance to become a mother is ivf with donor egg. I have no idea about this procedure. Where should I look for donor egg? Will it be ok to carry someone else’s child? Will I love this baby? I have so many doubts! Girls, please, help me to figure it out…
Sponsored Links

Suzy220332 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy220332 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2017 at 2:11pm
I'm so sorry about your situation. My story is pretty the same. I was diagnosed with PCOS 6 years ago. My only chance to become a mother was ivf with donor egg. I also had so many doubts! All these thoughts you are talking about never left my mind. The greatest fear was that I will not be able to give love to this child, because it won't be genetically related with me. It's much more easier for man to accept this procedure. In any case there will be blood relation between them. But I decided to try and forget about my confusion. I must say I have no regrets! One more problem was prices. Costs for this procedure are very high in USA and Greece. It was hard to find clinic with professional doctors, quality service and affordable price. Also we've read so many reviews about scammers and fake agencies. Those people know nothing about empathy. After a couple of months of thorough search, reading of hundreds reviews and contacting clinics directly we've found Ukrainian biotexcom. I wanted to carry my baby and give birth by myself. I wanted to be with him from the moment of his birth, from his first breath. I wanted baby to look like us. I should say that all doubts just faded away when the doctor made an embryo transfer. The only thing I wanted at that moment was my baby to be born healthy. Now, when I remember how I was tearing myself apart with all that thoughts I smile. Every time I look at my son, I see that every day more and more he looks like me. I raise healthy and, of course, the most beautiful baby in the world! We asked our doctor to find egg donor, who will look similar with me. Now I have absolutely no feeling that my son is not mine genetically! No one can ever tell he is from donor egg. We decided not to tell anyone that we underwent this procedure. I think I will not tell my son about donor. I'll do everything for him so he will have no need to know about this. I think it will change nothing for him. We are very happy that we addressed to this clinic and had de ivf. I hope you'll find all answers you need! I really hope you come to terms with your situation and are able to make a decision that you're happy with. I wish you all the best for the future)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rita220331 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2017 at 2:15pm
Your story is so inspiring! You know my pain( All these thoughts are driving me crazy! But anyway I don't want to step back. I need this procedure! I really want to have children and to be a happy mom. You're absolutely right about prices. When I've just started to learn about de ivf, I was shocked. It's so unfair we should pay to become parents. We want to find clinic with affordable price so don't stay homeless in the end of the procedure. Your words give me hope and belief my feelings toward baby will change. I want to sincerely love my baby with my whole heart! I don't want my child to feel unloved or unwanted. I want my journey to begin asap! I'm so tired of waiting. It drives me crazy because I think up some terrible scenarios in my head. I'm afraid that when my child will grow up he/she will want to find donor... I don't know should I tell the truth or not... I'm so sorry for these revelations. These thoughts are tearing me apart and I have no one to share them with. May I ask you some questions about this clinic? I'll understand if you don't answer. It's too personal I know... But I really want to find good clinic which will make the process easy and effective. Why did you choose exactly this clinic? What was the major factor which convinced you? Were there other couples? How were their services? Maybe there was something you didn't like? I'm not trying to find falls don't get me wrong! I just want to know both sides, good and bad. I'll be grateful for any info!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy220332 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2017 at 2:26pm
You have the right mood. It's very important to stay positive. You should believe in result and never step back. We are the only one who creates our future. Negative thoughts only make it worse. I'm happy my story inspired you! I remember myself in the beginning of process. Thanks to ladies, who shared their experience and successful stories, I've got strength to keep going. My life changed completely thanks to the procedure and my clinic. I'm happy mother and wife now. My husband is so grateful and he loves our son. We never raise the issue of de ivf. We live like normal family and don't even think about problems we had. I love my son, he's my treasure. I'm sure your feelings will also change! You can ask me everything you need. I'll help with pleasure) We chose this clinic because there were mostly positive reviews and quick response from the clinic on our mail. I've browsed each forum, each thread, each comment about egg donation. There were both good and bad reviews. But generally the clinic seemed to me professional and popular among infertile couples. Also they have good prices and don't ask to pat extra fees. Don't think we are greedy. But this procedure is only the beginning. After childbirth costs grow along with baby. So why pay high prices, give all your money and then work at 3 jobs, so have no time for child you wanted so much? This clinic proposes same services for lower price. There were a couple of factors which convinced us to sign contract. When we came to the clinic for the first time, we saw many people there. I should say we didn't expect this at all! I never thought Ukraine is that popular. And since that moment I had a feeling that everything will be fine. Not for nothing people go there! At first I was sceptical. I thought their medicine stuck in the past. But after looking at the clinic and their modern equipment I changed my mind. Also their services. The clinic has already took care about everything. So our stay in Ukraine was absolutely comfortable. We were met in the airport by taxi driver, who was carrying us across Kiev by his car. He was transporting us to the clinic and our apartment, which was also provided by the clinic. We had a manager and she translated everything for us. She spoke language fluently, so there were no misunderstandings. They even provided us with food supply! The only thing which we cared about was de ivf procedure.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rita220331 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2017 at 2:36pm
Their services seem to be good. It's nice the clinic found translator and housing for you. I didn't know clinics provide such services. I really had no idea how to find all this by myself. It's seems impossible to organize all this without knowing language. I understand these services are not for free. The clinic counted each detail so foreign patients will be in absolute comfort in another country. How much did you pay for all these services? And how much did you pay for the procedure? Did you pay all sum at once? I'm a little bit afraid to give all money right away. We never know what will wait for us tomorrow. Was there some additional fees? I've read some clinics start to pull more money after signing a contract. When you think about termination of contract, you remember how hard it was to find clinic, how much efforts were made. So the only way is to pay and wait till it will be over. I'm glad to know they have modern equipment! I had some doubts about their medicine. There is not really stable situation in Ukraine. They have poor economy. Also I'm interested how much attempts of ivf did you have? And which one was successful? Sorry if it's too personal. How do they choose egg donors? How can you be sure your donor is healthy and doesn't have some genetic diseases? Did you choose donor by yourself? There is lots of info about unhealthy egg donors. Some clinics don't make proper checks. Sometimes babies born with genetic diseases. This scared me so much! I don't want my child suffer physically and mentally from bullying and reproaches. What mother will want this... I'm so afraid that clinic will miss something and then aftermath will be horrible.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy220332 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2017 at 2:47pm
All those services were already included in our package. We didn't pay some extra fees. The clinic never asked to pay additional charges. The clinic has a couple of packages. So you can choose the one, which suits the most. We chose 'Guaranteed success' for €9 900. Also there was 'Double package' for €6 900, where you can have 2 attempts. If you choose 'Economy package' for €4 900, you'll have one attempt of de ivf. Speaking about package we chose, we had 5 attempts. In case of failure of all tries, the clinic gives money back. So there was no risk for us! That's why we chose exactly this package. I've got pregnant from second attempt. It's ok for me to talk about this, so don't worry) We didn't pay all sum at once! I think it's too risky to do so. The payment was divided into 2 parts. We paid €4500 after we signed contract during our first visit. We paid second half on the day of the first embryo transfer. We were never asked to pay some extra money! You can't choose donor by yourself. Contact of clients with donor is prohibited by law. So we provided desired phenotype. We sent information about the desirable characteristics of the donor to the clinic. We indicated height, weight, hair color, eyes color, nose, face and lips shape. Generally saying, all features we needed. Then the clinic found three donors corresponding to our phenotypes and sent us info about them. We chose the one, who suited the most. Speaking about egg donors and their health. All requirements to donors were specified in the package we've chosen. First requirement is age of donor. All their donors are 18 – 25 years old. Second requirement is perfect physical and mental health. And third requirement is absence of genetic diseases in the donor and her family. So we were absolutely sure in health of our donor.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rita220331 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2017 at 2:58pm
Thank you for all info. I'm surprised that the clinic repays if procedure fails. Their donors are very young. I'm glad to hear they check not only donors, but also their families. I'm relieved to hear there is the opportunity to give the clinic characteristics of donor. My child will look like me. I think it will help me not to think about the procedure in future. No one will tell me that my child looks differently from me. I was scared that it will be obvious that baby is not mine. And everyone would start judging or feel pity for me. I understand I shouldn't listen to some people's opinion. It's not their business anyway. But I don't want my child to suffer because of some offensive words. I just want to live normal life. I want to have my family. I want my husband to be happy. And the most important I want my child to live life full of joy. That's all I need! I want to ask you just a couple more things. I hope I don't bother you too much. How much time did you visit the clinic? And what was with transportation and housing? I mean the clinic provides all these services during first visit. But what with other times? What about medical tests and ultrasounds? Did you have to do them each time in biotexcom? And finally my last question! I need to clarify one issue which concerns me the most. Is it safe to go to Ukraine at this moment? There is war in Ukraine. I’ve read some articles and comments on forums that it's dangerous to go there. People are killed there. Many cities are destroyed... There are many homeless and poor people, who became so because of this war. Maybe it’s better to set aside our visit? I really don’t know what to do. There are so many controversial opinions about this situation. Somebody says it’s safe, but another say it’s so dangerous and tell some terrifying stories. I don’t know who should I listen to. So I put all my hope on you! Thank you so much for your patience!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy220332 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2017 at 2:59pm
You're welcome! I'm sure everything will be as you wish. You have the right mood! I had same thoughts on my mind. I perfectly know how it feels. I was afraid, that people will guess that we had the procedure. And the problem was not only in some strangers. My mother in law was literally killing me with questions like 'When will I have grandchildren?' or 'Are you planning to have kids? What are you waiting for?' I was barely holding myself not to say something rude. Our relations are very tense. She always makes some hints that I don't deserve her son. In one word, we have typical relations of mother-in-law and daughter-in-law. So telling her about the procedure would be a huge mistake. That's why we told her and everybody else, that we had relaxing vacations. We told, that time, we spent together, far away from work and stress, helped us to get pregnant. We should be grateful for such chance to have this procedure and become mothers! We had 3 visits in frameworks of our procedure. The clinic provided us with accommodation during all our visits. By the way, we were provided with food supply too. Our doctor assigned the treatment plan for us. Also she gave us all needed instructions. We didn't go to biotexcom for ultrasounds and tests. All these we did in our local clinic. Then we just had to send the results to our program coordinator by mail. So there was no extra waste of money. The first attendance lasted 2 days. During this visit we had medical examination. Also we were provided with information about the program, organizational and medical parts and terms of the contract. Our second and third visits lasted for 6 days. We had sperm pick-up, fertilization of donor’s eggs and embryo transfer. You can set your worries about war aside! We were in Kiev in 2015 last time. We were nervous too! We didn't know what picture we’ll see after we leave our plane. Especially after watching some videos our panic was huge! But I assure you it’s one of the most peaceful and friendly cities in the world. It's absolutely safe in central part of the country. The hostilities take place in east part of Ukraine. So you have nothing to concern about. The only thing you should think about is de ivf.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rita220331 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2017 at 3:00pm
Thank you for your help! I'll consider everything you've told. This clinic seems a very good option for us. I'm relieved to hear that it's safe to go there. I'll talk to my husband and I think he'll also like this variant. We'll contact this clinic in one of these days and I'll update as soon as we'll have any shifts. I hope our journey will begin asap!
lenabr199848 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lenabr199848 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2017 at 12:37am
I would recommend visiting eggdonationfriends, where you would find tons of info about the process, and also prices, stats and reviews on overseas IVF centers that offer egg donation. Hope this helps. Good luck
Tiana250157 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiana250157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2020 at 12:02pm
Today, many couples have to resort to the use of donor eggs. You need to accept this fact and put up with it. In any case, the child will have your spouse's genes. Many women worry that they will not be able to accept this child. However, this is not true, you will surely love this baby and become an excellent mother for him. Moreover, you do not have to tell your baby about how he was conceived. Therefore, he will always consider you a mother. It seems to me that in this case it is worth contacting a specialized clinic for the selection of a donor. There are no other acceptable options.
luha226083 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luha226083 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2020 at 2:14pm
About 10 percent of all babies conceived through IVF are a result of egg donation. This is often not public knowledge, since it is a private matter. Parents rarely tell their friends, and sometimes not even their relatives. That’s why it can be difficult to get a first-hand perspective from your friends or acquaintances who may have considered donor egg. Although the costs of donor egg are considerable, the success rates are excellent. Odds of 50 to 60 percent chance of success sound a lot better than 10 percent. With since extra embryos are often created and can be frozen for future usage, the real odds can be around 75 percent. Making the transition to being an egg recipient can be compared to opening a door which seemed locked. You carry the pregnancy and experience childbirth in the same way you would in a pregnancy that occurred with your own egg. Who can be your egg donor? It could be a close friend or it could be a relative, which will give your baby a genetic link to you. Or you can choose an egg from an anonymous donor through fertility clinic — a choice that affords more confidentiality and a clearly defined relationship with the donor. No matter where your donor eggs come from, the donor will need to be screened for genetic disorders, psychological conditions, infectious diseases, blood type and general health.
Amanda250156 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda250156 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2020 at 5:47pm
If the only chance to have a baby is a donated egg, you need to accept this situation. You have a choice - you can agree to the use of a donor egg or refuse it. If you really want a baby, then settle for a donated egg and don’t worry about it. I am sure you will love this baby. After all, he will be only yours. The donor will not have any connection with this child. But only if you choose an anonymous donor by contacting a clinic.
Tiana250157 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiana250157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2020 at 2:38pm
Yes girls, I'm glad you share my opinion. If the doctor told you that this is necessary, then you have no other option than adoption. I know that in Ukraine the cost of this service is much lower. Therefore, you can contact one of the Ukrainian clinics. I would recommend that you choose an anonymous donor. You know, some couples take eggs from someone they know. This is unacceptable to me. The eggs from the ananimous donor will allow you to consider this child as your own. What do you think about this?
Helen249952 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helen249952 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 1:33pm
It seems to me that an anonymous donor is not really ideal. At the Feskov clinic, where my baby was born, there is an opportunity to talk to an egg donor on Skype. It seems to me that it is important to look into the eyes of a donor girl, to look at her behavior and manner of communication, to hear her voice.
 Post Reply Post Reply