FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedI'm so jealous!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Luisana237094 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luisana237094 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'm so jealous!!!
    Posted: 22 May 2019 at 7:43am
I really REALLY need to vent! I hope some of you can relate! Because I feel so bad about how I feel… I’ve just found out that my cousin and his wife are expecting their 2nd baby. Don’t get me wrong! I am happy for them! But every time I hear that someone is pregnant I feel so sad and depressed. And as ashamed as I am to say it I’m so jealous! When it going to be my turn???? WHEN? Everyone in my life is pregnant or already has children. Literally everyone I know! I receive at least one invitation to a baby shower per week! It’s insane and it’s driving me crazy! It’s getting me so down that I find myself making excuses not to go around friends and family houses like I used to. I can’t bare feeling like this!!! Do you think I’m a bit*h?? So sorry for this post. I feel like a bad person. I hope I’m not alone...
Sponsored Links

Dina221343 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dina221343 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 8:57am
First of all let me say I am sorry for your frustration. I had a breakdown at a baby shower last summer. My 19 yr old sis got pregnant. I won’t say it was easy to be happy for her and not to jealous. I was broken by the news. I’ve also asked “why?” and “when?”… But I am now so blessed. And I fully understand how lucky/fortunate I am. I need to ask and please believe me it wasn’t easy for me and my dh. We’ve gone through a lot to get to where we are now. I'm 12 weeks after 9 years of TTC and battle with PCOS – eventually we did IVF with de. My question is - how do I tell a friend at work who's been TTC with many efforts and $ spent that I am pregnant? Any suggestions? I’ve been there but honestly I have no idea how to tell about pregnancy to someone who’s been ttcing for years and not make them sad. It seems impossible to me… Any comments would be appreciated.
Alicia219545 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alicia219545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 10:36am
I am sure many can relate to you. Infertility jealousy is a thing! It isn't that we are jealous about others pregnancy news it's just that we feel sad about ourselves. It's completely fine. When I am going through such a phase I try to keep myself busy. So that I don't think a lot about the issue. I hope you are soon able to conceive. Sending baby dust your way.
Stella221345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stella221345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 10:42am
I totally understand how you feel. I try to be happy for others but deep down inside I’m so jealous... I think we have every right to feel the way we do... It’s human nature. We are trying and longing for a baby... And when someone else gets pregnant it’s a downer. Don’t apologize for your feelings. Just try to channel that negative energy in another way. My best friend called yesterday to tell me that she is expecting! While I am happy for her, I can’t help but be jealous. She has only been trying for 2 months (naturally)... I’m so depressed... I so feel like I’m getting my rag! I just try to remember that I am still blessed with the things I do have and know that someday it will be my turn! Hang in there. It will be our turn too!
Olivia226494 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olivia226494 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 11:52am
You’re definitely not alone. I was just out with dh and in a span of an hour I heard about 2 different couples that are preg. It is hard... I just try to think that my time will come soon. I guess what keeps me going is thinking that everything happens for a reason. There must be a reason I'm not preg. right now. I believe it will be my turn soon.

Originally posted by Dina221343 Dina221343 wrote:

First of all let me say I am sorry for your frustration. I had a breakdown at a baby shower last summer. My 19 yr old sis got pregnant. I won’t say it was easy to be happy for her and not to jealous. I was broken by the news. I’ve also asked “why?” and “when?”… But I am now so blessed. And I fully understand how lucky/fortunate I am. I need to ask and please believe me it wasn’t easy for me and my dh. We’ve gone through a lot to get to where we are now. I'm 12 weeks after 9 years of TTC and battle with PCOS – eventually we did IVF with de. My question is - how do I tell a friend at work who's been TTC with many efforts and $ spent that I am pregnant? Any suggestions? I’ve been there but honestly I have no idea how to tell about pregnancy to someone who’s been ttcing for years and not make them sad. It seems impossible to me… Any comments would be appreciated.

The baby shower thing will probably be me in two weeks. My good friend is due the end of May. I have to go. She has been so supportive of me... But the texts about her baby's weight and who the baby looks like in utero are a bit much. As for your case... First of all my congratulations! I’m sincerely happy for you, dear! You obviously have to tell your friend at work. I think she will be supportive because you have similar paths... Your story is inspiring for me. So I think you will be a pure inspiration for her as well. I'm sure she will be happy for you. Good luck!
Rose218074 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rose218074 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by Dina221343 Dina221343 wrote:

I would tell the friend but be sensitive to the fact that she is struggling. Make sure that you don't make a huge deal about your happiness. Remember how you felt being in her shoes. Also make sure that co-workers don't make a huge deal about it. Tell her that she is next. Tell her if it happened for you it will for her. All everyone wants is hope. Treat her with the sensitivity you wanted before.

I am not jealous so much of my friend's success but of my in-laws. They financially help my brother in law family but won't help us with the cost of IVF. They are incredibly wealthy and have even given my brother (who works with my husband and makes the exact same salary) pretty big sum to buy a house. They say that they help the brother because he has children and we do not. I am so angry and jealous that they will help the others who have children and have money but not us who are childless and desperately struggle with infertility. I am trying not to hate my mother in law but it is hard. My mother in law hates my brother’s wife. She tells me that those grandchildren need a good aunt and that we should be there for them. She tells that those children are already in the world… Her words make me so sad and mad! I’ve decided the next time she tells me those words I’m going to tell her that they need a good grandmother and that maybe she should quit traveling all the time and stay home more to be with them. They are rich people and I just don't understand. They actually like me but they have this twisted sense of what is fair.
evelina218698 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evelina218698 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 1:13pm
Hearing someone else is pregnant reminds me of this very uphill struggle I am in. It brings me back to the depression I have to fight every day to keep going to my dream. I am in the same boat. Every of our friends has had their babies and moved on to their second in the last two years we have been trying. We are about to start surrogacy as it is our only option to get pregnant. Even our friends doing IVF have been successful and are starting on #2. Infertility is just unfair. There have been days where I can't even get out of bed. I am so depressed and of course those seem to be the times when someone else I know reveals their pregnancy. Or one better is when a coworker brings me her sonogram picture and brag about getting pregnant on her first month trying AGAIN! She is half way to #2! And we started trying for #1 way before she and her dh did. Not to mention we have spent ridiculous amounts of time and money on failed treatments. I am not sure how to make this better. I personally am in a place where I no longer want to hear it will happen when it’s supposed to or everything happens for a reason, blah blah blah. I cannot believe there is any good reason for infertility in a person that so desperately wants a baby and yet terrible people get pregnant so easily every fckn day. Sorry this is my rant. Bottom line... You are not a bit*h and not alone. Also I want to say I didn't mean the way I feel is by any means the right or best way to feel. In fact I wish I still felt that this was happening for a reason or that my DH and I getting pregnant was even a good possibility. I just can't get to that place anymore. I really have lost most hope especially since it is never going to happen by any natural means. It will always take intervention which means I have to be willing to keep trying which I am just about done with. I would truly want to believe there was a reason for it.
Rita220331 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rita220331 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 2:00pm
I was the last one of every group to get married. Friends from my town, friends my grade school, friends my high school, friends from jobs - all have multiple kids. I know people who were told they did not ovulate and got pregnant with no meds. I know people who had one ovary and got pregnant with no meds. I know people who got pregnant at 41 with no meds. I know people who had twins the first time they had unprotected sex. I know people who had 5 abortions and had kids with no problems - you name it. And I am about to HOST a second baby shower after all my miscarriages. But what can you do? A baby is a great thing. I can't expect people to apologize for a new life. I do wish they would stop complaining about their heartburn or sore feet or gas to me though. Then they say to me "Are you sure you want to do this to yourself?" And I think to myself - if I could live through my mcs then I think I can handle a little gas or sore feet. I think when I'm finally successful at this I promise not to complain to any woman in my life who is not a mom.
Cleo218654 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cleo218654 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 4:13pm
Seems like everybody is feeling about the same way I am. My hubby and I have been trying to get pregnant with our first baby for 3 years now. It's been so frustrating! We have zero progress. We're currently seeing our RE. There is no good news at all… I think we’ll have to turn to IVF… I don’t know how I feel about it. And honestly I do not want to think about it now. We've been through some treatments before, multiple rounds of Clomid, a couple rounds of injections, 2 IUIs but nothing. Anyway, I'm so discouraged and hopeless. My sister-in-law found out she was pregnant a week after my last unsuccessful IUI. She's due in July, 10 days after I would have been. It's been so hard!! And what's worse is that we have two trips coming up in where I'll have to see her with her big pregnant belly. I'm so upset and I can't really talk to my hubby. He just doesn't understand. Anyone have any encouraging words?
Luisana237094 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luisana237094 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 4:17pm
Hi all! Thank you for all ur support and encouragement. It just gets so hard sometimes… As much as your family and friends try to be there, they just don’t understand. It’s almost like they tip toe round you. I’m sick of people asking me when I’m going to have kids. It’s always people that haven’t seen me for a while so I just change the subject unbeknown to them its killing me inside. I’m desperately trying for a baby, and dh that’s another story. I just don’t think he understands at all. I tell more about my thoughts and feelings to this forum. I’m so glad I found it. You've all been such a great support to me. Keeping you all in my prayers.
Mellany233941 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mellany233941 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 2:54pm
Your feelings are valid, normal and you are not a B*. I feel similarly to you. I have cycled through grief, anger and wishing the other person was the one struggling and not me. I have fought back tears whilst running full speed on the treadmill when a pregnant woman walked by at the gym. I have wondering how old pregnant women are when I pass them on the street. I am currently avoiding my pregnant cousin mostly because she lied to me about her pregnancy and that lie 'killed' my spirit. I'm finally accepting my path is different than theirs and although difficult, I am doing the best I can do. Infertility is unfair and has no rhyme or reason in terms of who is affected.
Kelly248114 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly248114 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 2:58pm
I can definitely relate and you are not alone in how you are feeling. The feelings are completely natural and should be recognized. I am currently on an almost 4 year infertility journey. Unexplained infertility so it makes me even more angry and depressed at the situation. I have had to distance myself from certain family and friends because they lack the ability to provide appropriate empathy and support. You are never required to attend baby showers or other events that are too painful for you to endure. And if anyone questions or are mean about your absence at these events, then it may be a good idea to reevaluate that relationship. In this long journey, I am finding that I need to connect with others who are going through IVF or have achieved success through IVF. These connections can then become friendships as they can relate to the IVF process and struggles. But I know that all this anger/depression/sadness/negativity is not healthy and won't help the situation, so I would suggest finding a support group, IVF mentor, online boards like this one, or a licensed counselor. These resources will allow you a safe space to vent and get all those feelings out in the open. Then they can help provide direction on how to deal with these situations moving forward. Just know that you are not alone. Infertility is so painful every single day. There are many of us still waiting for our turn. I wish you all the best. Hugs!
Tiana250157 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiana250157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2019 at 5:33pm
I would like to advise you not to despair. It seems to me that you need to find a good clinic and doctors to find out what can help in your situation. Try to eat healthy, start going to yoga, remove stress from your life. Perhaps this will help you to establish an emotional state and you will again be able to think about pregnancy. After all, it is not always good when a person concentrates so much on his problem. Think about which methods can really help you. Perhaps it will be medicines, IVF procedure, or even surrogacy.
luha226083 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luha226083 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2020 at 4:03pm
Many women who cannot conceive a child experience a similar feeling towards more successful women. This is quite natural; you should not be ashamed of it. In such a difficult situation, you can turn to a psychologist. Of course, you need to fight for happiness! However, while you are only on your way to the goal, try to let go of your pain and accept this situation. Then it will be easier for you to perceive this situation. Do not worry, you will succeed!
Amanda250156 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda250156 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2020 at 6:18pm
Do not panic, you can conceive, I believe in it! Today, reproductive medicine is very developed. There are many methods that can help you. Think about IVF, if this method is useless for you, pay attention to surrogacy. The main thing is not to give up, you will certainly achieve your goal! Indeed, surrogacy helps many childless couples. But, unfortunately, surrogacy is available only in some countries.
Tiana250157 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiana250157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2020 at 3:52pm
Yes, Amanda, I also know that surrogacy is available in a limited number of countries. In addition, the price of this service also varies from country to country. For example, in America, the cost of surrogacy is much higher than $ 100,000. However, in America, surrogacy is allowed in only a few states. In Russia, it is also available, but there the right to a child belongs to the woman who gave birth to him. Therefore, much will depend on the final decision of the surrogate mother. Therefore, in this case, it is better to go to Ukraine. Since there the laws are on the side of the biological parents of the unborn baby, which is extremely important in this situation.
 Post Reply Post Reply