FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAugust ’07 Mums to be

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 184185186187188 189>
Author
ShellandBella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShellandBella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2007 at 2:42pm
Poor melln...I feel for her cos I know what its like! Hopefully she'll be holding her little one by tonight

Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShellandBella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2007 at 2:44pm
Italiah, what are you still doing here??!! I'm sure all those cramps are whats dilating you...you never know, come another day or two, you may well just cough and your baby will come flying out! lol

my4beauties View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2007 at 2:55pm
Ha! That's what I'm afraid off shell! I could be sitting here dialating without even knowing it, then my waters will break & baby will come flying out! Normally I wouldn't care so much, but due to having Strep B I need to go on antibiotics while IN labour so he doesn't catch it on the way out.
My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2007 at 3:23pm
**Lurking** I read in Sept mums that there was an update on Melln on here...have been wondering how she was going.

Italiah - bummer about the water being turned off. One very handy hint, make sure you run the outside tap for awhile to clear the pipes, as the last thing you want before your little man arrives is grit and dirt in the workings of your taps and shower rose. It could damage the workings. (sorry worked for a plumber for 7 years). Also I hope you get to meet your little man soon!
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2007 at 3:31pm
Thanks mel! Will do. Not long for you now! I like how you've said on your ticker "waiting patiently for him to arrive", I'm the opposite - waiting IMpatiently.
My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2007 at 4:18pm
It's all lies! I'm getting very impatient now!! I feel like i've been pregnant all year!
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2007 at 5:09pm
we are home!!!! all a bit daunting though. I will post a proper account of it all later tonight when Tom's asleep. We just put his first cloth nappy on....god knows ifwe did it right or not

Back soon
caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2007 at 5:19pm
welcome back nzpiper! congrats on your beautiful little boy!

and congratulations Meln! Briahna Robyn was born this afternoon at 1:16 pm weighing a healthy eight pounds

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2007 at 6:20pm
Welcome home Nikki & Tom!! Hope you both are doing well & settle in back home.

and CONGRATULATIONS MELLN!! Yay on your baby girl!
My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2007 at 8:49pm
yay melln!!! Congrats!!

Welcome home nzpiper!!

Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2007 at 9:47pm
Yay congrats Melln and welcome home nzpiper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2007 at 7:01am
Its all quiet at home. Tom slept from 12 through to 6am!!! I fed him and now he is curled up with daddy. So I thouhgt I would take the time to update you all.

I started having little irregular contractions on the Monday morning and they continued all day but I didnt want to get my hopes up as they were 8min then 20 min etc apart. These continued all day and then when went to bed they started coming a little more regular. Even when they were nearly 3 min apart I didnt believe that anything could actually be happening!! DH phoned the MW at 1.30am and we met her at the hospital at 3am.
Sparkle you are right contractions in the car suck!!!! Especially going round corners!

Arrived at hospital 3-4cm dilated and things progressed nicely for a while. I used gas (struggled to do that well though) and massage until I was allowed in the pool at 5cm. The pool didnt help!! They were so sore and I was really struggling. I asked for the epidural!

It took a while for the anesthetist as it was a very busy night and there were lots of emergency c -sections. In that time my MW wondered if I was ready to push as I was beside myself and felt the urge to poo (TMI). So she put me on the loo. Nothing happenend and then my OB arrived and did an internal to find I hadnt progressed past 5cm

It took 2 hours to get my epi but once I did I was in heaven!!! Now I see why people have more than 1 child. I managed to rest and sleep on and offfor most of the day. Epi in at 9am began pushing at 5.30pm. When they broke my waters they found thick meconium so they were monitoring things pretty closely.

I began pushing just after 5.30 and Tom was born at 6.06 with a little ventouse assistance. I held him briefly before he was whisked off to the paeds as he needed to have everything sucked out of his lungs. He had trouble breathing well so they took him and daddy away to Nicu and put him on a breathing machine.

Meanwhile I wasgetting tidied up and stitched (got offlightly with a small vaginal all tear). Suddenly I was inagony!!!! Worse than labour and I was beside myself. They couldnt work out what was wrong and gave me panadol, voltaren and then finally pethidine...then I passed a massive clot and felt better. But i was in lala land from the peth and as a result couldnt get down to see my boy that night. but NICU were brilliant and they took photos and DH brought me updates.

at 3am they brought him up to me for a feed...he was lovely!!! and fed well. They took me down at 6 for another feed and then discharged him to the ward with me at 9am.

He was put on anitbiotics for the first 48hours and then as they were chcking him out for discharge they noticed a bulging fontanelle. They were worried about possible meningitis, inflammation, a bleed etc so they did a lumbar puncture!! and an ultrasound on his brain.

The results were a little inconclusiveso they decided to keep us in and keep up the abs. Then of course he was doing so well that they extended his course of abs to 7 days!

But yesterday they decided that none of his cultures grew anything so no infection, and that the most likely thing was a sub arachnoid haemorhage (little bleed near brain) from the birth process and that it had all resolved and things were good. we could go home.

We have to go back on Monday for another scan,

Meanwhile Tom has taken to feeding like a duck to water. He is a hungry litle fella and is definately in a good paddock. I have had no problems with feeding at all. Milk supply is great! Engorgement was doable and now the boobs feel more normal in size. Nipples are lasting all be it a little bruised (Tom likes to reposition himself afew times and uses his handsto grab my nipple...helpful sod).

He is the most adorable little guy with strength and determination that makes us proud. He is so alert. I will try and post some photos now.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2007 at 7:02am
oops thats long! Hurry up Italiah!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2007 at 8:56am
ARRRGGGGHHHH!!! I'M STILL FREAKIN' HERE!!

My MW's prediction:
Sex: a girl
Weight: 8 pound +
Time of birth: 11:50pm
Date: 29/08/07

That means TODAY!!!!!!! So she was wrong about the sex... but I've just text her & told her she HAS to be right about the date!! Although when she first made that prediction (obviously before we found out the sex) I was thinking I would've had him well before the 29th!

Oh it's doing my head in!

On another note - thanks for the birth story Nikki - what a mish aye! And those epidurals....... fantastic huh!! Glad to hear all is well with you both now & that he's feeding so well.
My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2007 at 10:18am
Aww Nikki, your story got me all teary!
Well done girl, and congrats again!
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2007 at 11:17am
Italiah!!! you arent meant to be here...go and have that baby!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShellandBella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2007 at 11:22am
I'll say, otherwise August will be over already!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2007 at 11:44am
My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShellandBella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2007 at 11:52am
Poor, Italiah! Are you sure they got your EDD right? Perhaps you need to relax, do a bit of meditation and tell your baby its perfectly alright for him to arrive now...today preferably!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2007 at 12:05pm
I'm off to pig out on McDonalds!!
My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 184185186187188 189>