FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAugust ’07 Mums to be

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 189>
Author
MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2006 at 9:11am
Hi all
There's a few more expectant mums on the board now.
Congratulations to you all.
I found when I was feeling sick with morning sickness, that eating things like crackers and drinking lots of water does help, and make sure you dont let your tummy get empty as I found that was when I felt sick so I ate constantly for 4 weeks.
Also keeping away form lots of sugary drinks helps with it too. Some people I know say choc milk helped them, so it could be worth a try drinking flavoured or plain milk.
All the best with your pregnancies, hoep you all have a safe and happy christmas and new year
Sponsored Links

Lil Nut Nuts Mum View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lil Nut Nuts Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2006 at 9:37am
I am the complete opposite, I think I have Night Sickness (very strange I know)

I have a bit of Nausea during the day but am really bad at night
MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2006 at 9:50am
with haleigh mine was at night only when i was at work though (working with food ewww) but this time round mine was all day long.
I dont know why they call it m/s because not many of us have it in the morning
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lil Nut Nuts Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2006 at 10:03am
I think I prefer it at night means I can work during the day - mind you I am sure things will change.

How did you get the things at the bottom of you post with the baby details
MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2006 at 10:07am
You go into your profile and go down to signature, then in there you can add the code from (just copy and paste) the ticker you made in one of the sites (jsut click on someones ticker it should take you to one). I cant remember which code it is but there is a preview button you cna click to check you got the right code.
Hope that didnt confuse you
MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2006 at 10:08am
oh yeah the profile beside private messenger. Not the one that says my profile
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lil Nut Nuts Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2006 at 10:30am
Well I am not sure if it worked by here goes

Edited by Lil Nut Nuts Mum
Lulu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2006 at 10:32am
Hi everyone, I thought I'd get really brave and post in this forum. I am 5 weeks 3 days pregnant after 2.5 years of TTC and my first IVF cycle.
I have had three hCG bloodtests so far - 4 weeks = 297, 4 weeks 4 days = 950, 5 weeks 2 days = 6,200. So it seems that things are going in the right direction.
I have no symptoms so far and I know I'll probably regret saying this, but I'm hoping to get some soon, so that this pregnancy feels real! I am at the very nervous stage right now, as it has taken so long to achieve this pregnancy, I am so scared of losing it
But anyway, I am trying to be positive and look forward to the coming months. I look forward to sharing the experience with you all.
Lou
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lil Nut Nuts Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2006 at 10:34am
Congratulations you must be over the moon.

From what I have read and been told it is very normal to be nervous and worry about loosing it.

Just keep positive and talk whenever you feel down or worried I know it has helped me.

sparkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2006 at 1:16pm
Congrats Lulu! We're almost the same, I'm 5 weeks 1 day.
MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2006 at 2:00pm
congrats lulu.
Very nice ticker lil nut nuts mum.
I knwo when I found out I was pregnant and due end June I thought OMG its so far away but before you know it it does come round quickly.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lil Nut Nuts Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2006 at 2:12pm
Yeah thankyou I followed your Instuctions.

My Husband really hates the nick name.

I have a very bad habit of nick names and this one has stuck.

I just can't wait till I am past the 12 week mark and I know we are past one hurdle.

So when did you all tell Family - I have heard of so many people who wait till the end of the 1st Trimester.
lil_miss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_miss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2006 at 2:58pm
Hey Mrs lil nut nut I see you're finding your way around and have a fancy pants ticker now.. well done :P One day I might be able to add one too :)

Congrats lulu on the long awaited pregnancy - hope it all goes well for you :)
Lulu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2006 at 3:44pm
Thanks for your congrats everyone. When we did IVF we only told a couple of people, so we already felt like we'd had a secret for two months. So when we found out that we were pregnant DH told practically everyone that we know within two days!
Lou
MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2006 at 4:12pm
When we found otu we were pregnant with Haleigh I was 4 wks and DF told everyone, he didnt care that the first trimester was the stage you usually keep secret.
Thsi time round I knew I was pregnant but didnt want to test till I was 11 days over my date, so I was around 5/ 6 wks when I found out I was pregnant, but htis time he was a little mroe secretive, we told my aprents his dad, but his mum had to wait till we were 10 wks (shes the one whos the scariest).
mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2006 at 4:16pm
lol last night I asked DP if he had told anyone lately that we were having a baby and he said "NO! Men don't tell people stuff like that, men talk about cars and food."

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lil Nut Nuts Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2006 at 4:28pm
My Hubby is so excited he is telling people who we agreed we would not tell until 3 months.

Oh well how can you be angry
my4beauties View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2006 at 4:44pm
Hey everyone. Just briefly read all your comments, and congrats to all you newly pregnant ones! Such an exciting time!

I did a HPT this morning on suspicion I was pregnant, it was a faint positive. I have been having symptoms all week – heartburn, hungry, peeing all the time – in which I only get when I’m pregnant! We weren’t planning on having another child so soon, so was a little shocked, but the idea quickly grew on me especially when I told my husband & he was excited.

So I rung my midwife & she dropped a couple of HPT over to me. I did one this afternoon & it was negative. I felt disappointed & uncertain all of a sudden! I thought Midwives/Doctors pregnancy tests were more accurate than chemist brought ones. Has anyone else had this happen to them? I know you can get negative results even when you are pregnant. I will definitely do another test tomorrow & see how that result comes out. So I’m guessing if in fact I am pregnant I will be due end of August?
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lil Nut Nuts Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2006 at 4:51pm
Yes this happened to me over the weekend.

I did a prega test on Friday night and It was a faint +ve, then I did a clinic test which was negative and two more prega tests which were positive.

I have been told that if you have had a lot of fluids it can dilute your urine to make it negative.

They say a faint postive is a positive. You rarely get +ve's when you are not.

I recommend you do another one in an hour or so

keep us in formed

Good luck hun
my4beauties View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2006 at 6:52pm
Well I know that you won’t get a positive result if you’re NOT pregnant, so I’m going by that result, not the negative one I got later on.

As to your first comment there Lil Nut Nuts Mum, you said you knew when you conceived so you thought you’d be 3 weeks pregnant but the Dr told you you’d be 4 ½ weeks. When you have a scan it should tell you more accurately how many weeks you are. Normally when you miss your period & find out you’re pregnant you just say you’re 4 weeks preggy, even though you would’ve conceived maybe only 2-3 weeks prior. Although my two children came one week earlier than scan date (I wasn’t complaining!!), so they can still not be quite on the money with your due date.

Hope that makes sense! Will let you know how I get on with my next HPT. I would feel like a fool it if came up another negative. We haven’t told anyone (very early days) except for my dad this morning (I have complete trust he wouldn’t tell a soul) & he’s brought around a bottle of wine & chocolates for us, so would hate to turn around & say “Whoops, I’m not pregnant after-all!!”
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 189>