FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedResearch in the field of railway construction

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Amandah267543 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amandah267543 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Research in the field of railway construction
    Posted: 04 June 2021 at 12:07pm
They may have to increase the cooling of the permafrost. I hope they use solar energy for this.
Sponsored Links

Clyde267544 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clyde267544 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2021 at 12:35pm
Wow, you're saying people spent half a century researching permafrost construction and made it possible to complete the Qinghai-Tibet railway in 2006 ? This is absolutely mind-blowing, I look forward to reading the comments on this.
Joel267545 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joel267545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2021 at 12:55pm
I will go ahead and assume you're saying hard geography is the main reaon railways are not built in some regions. Yes. Hard geography. Like, well, Transpolar Canada, just worse.
Permafrost, bogs, mighty rivers (and thousands of small creeks), winters that get as cold as −65°C, mountains, no or very few permanent settlements…check @ https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/categories/packaging-transport .There actually were projects of Transpolar Railway. The first one was drafted shortly before the WW1 — but obviously never came to fruition. The second one, the infamous Construction 501/503, aka The Dead Railway, from Salekhard to Igarka, was started in 1947 using slave labor of prison inmates.
Hardisson262712 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hardisson262712 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2021 at 12:05pm
Solar energy is a good alternative energy option, but it has its drawbacks. After all, in the least sunny areas, this will not bring much benefit and savings. Imho profit is less. However, if you like me live in a sunny area, then you can visit this page to get more information on the subject of alternative solar energy.
 Post Reply Post Reply