FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedLeopard print apparel for young girls is wrong

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NicholasBlak252766 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NicholasBlak252766 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leopard print apparel for young girls is wrong
    Posted: 08 September 2021 at 8:37am
     My young daughter loves all things feline, including leopard print clothes. I'm not sure if she fancies the emulated-fur look, or if she thinks it makes her look like a leopard. I should ask.

I am perplexed. In my mind, leopard print is associated with sluttiness. I think it's because of Carrie, or maybe Emily. Laura? Nevermind: it's something women use in an attempt to look sexy and young girls should not be encouraged to wear it, ever. If I had my way, children's clothes would only come in monochrome. No glitter, no trite phrases, no cartoon characters.

I told my wife my thoughts. She seemed a bit puzzled, which made me feel like I'm on Shutter Island or something. Nevertheless, the wife didn't buy my daughter the leopard-print-whatever she wanted while they were shopping today for her school clothes, so I also feel loved, and like my opinion has been considered.

Will anyone on ATS back me up? Is leopard print for young girls ever OK? Were my perceptions warped by the wrong people at the wrong time? Am I being unfair to all women who wear leopard print?

I'd have put this in the Rant forum but I'm actually feeling pretty calm.
Sponsored Links

Deirdre265511 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deirdre265511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2021 at 8:40am
The problem is adults, not kids.

Adults are the only one who associate anythibg further than kids like animals, hence, the like to dress in things resembling animals.
Ray267490 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray267490 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2021 at 8:43am
The particular attitude towards leopard prints or the like is stereotypical. All this has been instilled in us by images described in books, shown on television, and drawn in magazines. Smart people long ago realized that it does not matter at all what a person is wearing. What is important is what is in their head. Take the example of two girls, one dressed modestly, the other vulgarly. And strange as it may seem, a girl dressed modestly will be more swaggering than one dressed vulgarly. Appearances are deceptive. And what difference does it make what a person wears? The main thing is that he likes it. For example, my wife likes to wear panties only this brand shop.join-eby.com. You can't forbid her to do that, can you? It's the same with leopard prints. It makes no difference.
 Post Reply Post Reply