FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRecipe for a boy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recipe for a boy
    Posted: 23 March 2007 at 1:31pm
Anyone know some of the theories out there? Two *helpful* midwives were quite keen to give me all the information while I was at the hospital with Krystiana (yes, on her birthday ) so I laughed it all off. But now I think my DH might actually be interested in a recipe....

And just in case you're wondering... it's not for yet! lol
Sponsored Links

My3Sons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote My3Sons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2007 at 1:52pm

lol!!

You give me your girl recipe and I'll give you mine! No truthfully Leo *should* have been a girl by all accounts as we were charting and I knew exactly when he was conceived, alot of people use the shettles method with varying degrees of success.  So I guess I'm not much help lol, personally I think its more luck of the draw although their is certain diets you can follow which I am willing to try to help me in my quest for a baby girl!  Will see if I can find the link!

Mum to Mr 10, Mr 6 and Mr 4

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2007 at 1:53pm
Ella was supposed to be a boy with how my chart was and the BDing but she was a girl
My3Sons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote My3Sons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2007 at 1:59pm

Copied from Fertility Friend:

BELOW IS SOME BASIC INFO TO HELP WITH TTC BOY(CM HELP,CP HELP, DIET, & DOUCHE HELP)

Boy Diet
HIGH Alkaline is what you want!

AVOID dairy!(very acidic)
Sodium and Potassium are GREAT!!
Eat things HIGH in sodium, canned soups are great! Watermelon,Bananas,Fresh Pineapple are HIGH in potassium!
Here's a site to help with other ideas..... http://www.becomehealthynow.com/article/carbs/492

Link below to the Alkalizing foodchart

http://www.essense-of-life.com/info/foodchart.htm

A Summary of Shettles Advice for Attempting to Conceive a Boy

Preparation

1. Track cycles for 3 months, observing BBT and CM, before first attempt.
2. During this time the male should stay away from hot baths and tight fitting underwear and pants to increase sperm count. Eliminate frequent caffeine intake and reduce stress to help increase sperm count.

The Attempt

1. Have ONE unprotected sex session within the 12 hours before ovulation occurs. This will be somewhere between the morning of your last low temperature, to the morning on which you have your temperature rise. If temperatures are not consistent, have sex on the last day of peak cm symptoms, as close to the shift from clear egg white cm to cloudy cm (which signals ovulation has taken place).

2. Make sure that the male has abstained from ANY activity resulting in ejaculation for 4 days prior to ovulation.

3. (Optional) Drink a couple of cups of coffee or another strongly caffeinated beverage 15-30 minutes before having intercourse.

4. Have intercourse in the rear entry position (doggie style)  so that semen is deposited directly on the cervix where the secretions are the most alkaline.

5. Have an orgasm just before or during the male orgasm to increase your alkaline secretions.

Use of OPK

1. Use only ovulation tests which can test at any time of day.

2. Test twice a day, once between 11 AM and 3 PM and again between 5 PM and 10 PM starting 4 days before your anticipated ovulation day.

3. For the majority of women, ovulation occurs 24 hours after the first positive OPK. Have the one unprotected sex session 12-18 hours after first positive ovulation test .

Other tidbits

1. If woman has frequent vaginal infections (bacterial or yeast) and suspect an infection it should be treated prior to the attempt as infections cause secretions to be highly acidic.

2. Other than this one sex attempt, Dr. Shettles advises use of condoms at all other times during the cycle.

3. Woman can use Tes-Tape, Ovulation Pains and other signs of ovulation to help her pinpoint exact time of ovulation.

Information Summarized from book ?How to Choose the Sex of Your Baby? by Landrum Shettles, M.D. Ph.D. and David M. Rorvik (a GOOD READ)

Mum to Mr 10, Mr 6 and Mr 4

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2007 at 3:02pm
Oh my goodness it's worse than I thought! LOL
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2007 at 7:16pm
Hmmm some of those things are so true for Joshua.
I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Lisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2007 at 8:13pm
Well.... wearing loose undies helps!!! I have made my hubby throw his tight fitting ones out (haha I did without him knowing)! Fingers crossed we are preggers!Oppsies.. someone has already written that.

Edited by Lisha
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2007 at 9:01pm
hehe Lisha that's how all DH's holey socks have "disappeared" too
arohanui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arohanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2007 at 9:42am
Man that's a lot of work isn't it! A lot of very specific things.

It would be interesting to do an experiment with lots of different couples following the rules exactly, to see what the result is..
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2007 at 11:22am
Funny my dp went from boxers to tight fitting undies after jack was born so maybe thats how we got a girl.

For us Jack was conceived with a lot of sex and this girl was conceived by doing it once.
Jay_R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jay_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2007 at 9:52am
Totally luck of the draw I think - although everyone I know who BD right on ovulation have had boys.... mebbe some truth in the theory that you BD 24 hours before ovulation for a girl, and right on ovulation for a boy....

Good luck, for whenever.....
 Post Reply Post Reply