FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTips for Breastfeeding and Milk Supply

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17181920>
Author
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2011 at 7:22pm
This is the first time I've had to go back for an extra weigh in due to Catherine's weight its bothering me as I've stopped giving her dairy on her GPs advice cause of her eczema and Plunket gave me a hard time for it.

Its nice that DH is being supportive which is nice. Got LLL meeting tomorrow will be interesting to see what they say.

I've been reading a book on nursing your toddler (which I got from them) it reinforces my decision to keep going.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
Sponsored Links

High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2011 at 8:24pm
My doctor told me off for cutting out dairy which caused/causes ecxema and now we are noticing fruit causes it too. I saw another doctor and he's referred us to a paed at Wellington Hospital but it's not until Xmas...
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2011 at 8:47pm
Ooooh what a cute wee bath!! Is the book 'mothering your nursing toddler' caliandjack? I have heard its a great book but havent read it yet...not having a toddler and all.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2011 at 8:48pm
At this rate I'll be keeping DD off milk as a drink for a while, she loves water and apart from that drinks from me.

vitasoy do a soy milk for kids which I use to make up her breakfast will continue to use that for some time

haven't tried soy yoghurt yet

[/url]

Angel June 2012

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2011 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by Bowie Bowie wrote:

Ooooh what a cute wee bath!! Is the book 'mothering your nursing toddler' caliandjack? I have heard its a great book but havent read it yet...not having a toddler and all.

That's the one, I don't have a toddler yet either but that is where we are heading and I wanted to have some idea of what to expect.

Taking a while to get thru it, trying to read books these days is difficult.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
Nothing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2011 at 10:02pm
Wow lots of good healthy looking bubba's! DD was a chubba bubba until about 9 months where she just slammed on the brakes and stopped gaining weight. She has put on 600gm since then but my plunket nurse is not fazed in the slightest nor is her doctor that we see in welly. She is now a super speed machine and there is no extra fat on her! As long as they are happy, and doing all the normal baby things then I wouldnt be too worried.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2011 at 3:39pm
How do I stop DD from hurting me when she feeds, she pinches, grabs me and can be quite painful. A couple of times she's hurt me and I've flinched which she got quite upset about.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
Nothing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2011 at 6:31pm
DD has her Rabbit toy to play with while feeding, otherwise distract her hands with your hands, or stop as soon as she does it and put her on the floor. DD used to do it to me about that age but she has grown out of it now. Now she just fafs about and talks away and points to things and all sorts rather rather than feed, but if I put my boobs away its the most awful thing ever! LOL

MamaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2011 at 7:31pm
I took to wearing a necklace that DS could play with, or just made sure he had a toy he could keep in his hand while nursing. I didn't last too long though, hopefully it's something she grows out of too

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2011 at 9:30pm
Yeah a couple of times I've put my boob away and that made her even more upset. I'll find something for her to play with to help distract her.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2011 at 7:57am
I always have said 'Gentle while having milkies or it will go byebye' she'll grizzle and be a bit more gentle! Took her a couple of months to learn what it meant but I've always reenforced it with putting milkies away if she isn't gentle!

DD was a real bully while feeding ! I had a necklace, she broke it. For us putting it away when she was being rough did upset her but it worked. As did saying ow or her seeing/feeling my pain by me saying ow or flinching etc. But have to be careful with how much pain you show as Lily actually went on a nursing strike as a result lol
Nay View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2011 at 7:49am
Lol.. took me a while but i read through this. Pretty interesting stuff.. We all have our own breastfeeding stories. Wow at some of you for going so long!! V. proud.
1 month in here, and my nips have been through the works.. infections, mastitis, lost half a nipple..still so sore have like a fleshy nerve exposed.. so gross. Im using shields and probably will forever ;D
I think the stuff you are talking about emmi is cuticerin..the gauze stuff.. i got that at hosp too. Im still using it.. Stops my nips sticking to the pads and its used for burns etc.. They had a nut at me at the hosp for using lanolin products..but i think i might start up again on the not as bad nip.. What is that raynauds?sp thing.. Do you need to go to GP for it?? Cant remember what i came on here to ask haha.. after reading all that :O oh well..
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2011 at 8:15am
Well done Nay on sticking with it! it does get easier (I know it might not seem like it at the beginning) but it really does
Man that stuff is magic aye! Im glad I kept some from DD, Im sure my nipples are going to go through the works again this time!
Hope things get easier for you

+1 May 09 Angel
MamaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2011 at 11:11am
Congratulations Nay on sticking with it considering what you've been through, a lot of woman would have stopped by now.
I love reading stories about those women who kept going despite the tough starts.

Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2011 at 1:18pm
Go nay, hopefully its plain sailing from here. Mister is 9 months now, and all our coffee groups etc are abuzz with weaning talk. Most dropping a feed a week as to be weaned onto cows look by age one. Awkward lol. I've already had a few pointed questions about my planning on ebfeeding.
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2011 at 8:38pm
Good on ya Bowie

+1 May 09 Angel
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2011 at 9:06pm
Just wanted to update, we saw the paed and Lily is Cows Milk protein intolerant so we are going dairy free for 6 months then challenging it and going from there. He also picked up on a slight heart condition but it hasn't been confirmed so won't know until Xmas/New Years what the haps is with that but had I not pushed her to see a paed and she does have this heart condition then she could have had serious heart conditions by the time she was 20.

I also wanted to say we are still, slowly BFing. DD goes about 2 weeks between feeds now but she'll ask, latch and unlatch quite upset saying no or if I offer she'll say no too but I allowed her to feed the other day and told her it was ok if she still wanted milkies etc and she seemed happier but I'm not sure whats happening as she's only interested now if I ask her to feed if that makes sense and I am not sure how comfortable I am asking her to feed when she used to be the one asking! But I know she is missing the comfort from BFing etc.
oscarboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oscarboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2012 at 11:38am
Just wanted to say I have spent the last couple of days reading through this thread and have found it great. Just reinforced for me how all babies are so different and I am doing what is right for my little boy. After not being successful with my first baby I can now say I have been feeding for almost 4 weeks now (first few days he was completely tube feed) and have been completely feeding myself for 3 weeks now! Not looking at giving up anytime soon either.
MamaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2012 at 5:44pm
Well done Oscarboo that is a tremendous effort

Chells View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chells Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 2:46pm
Hi,

Am just after some thoughts. Hubby and I are going away this weekend overnight by ourselves - our first time since Caitlin was born last August. She's 9 and a half months now and I'm still breast feeding between solids, and have been expressing milk for her to have while we're away - which is only mid sat till mid sun. My mum (who's having her) suggested formula incase she runs out of milk. I'm on the sideline about this as she's not had formula before and I like her having my milk, but then I'm thinking would it be good for an emergency? And then Mum might encourage formula at other times when we visit her afterwards (she's always seemed to not like me exclusively breast feeding). Thoughts?

Caitlin has about 4-5 feeds per day, and so far I've expressed 3 lots of about 150ml/.

(sorry if I've posted this in the wrong topic)
IVF#1 - November 2010 = SUCCESSFUL.

<a href="http://lilypie.com" rel="nofollow">[IMG]http://lbdf.li
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17181920>