FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTips for Breastfeeding and Milk Supply

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920>
Author
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2011 at 11:31am
Oh dear random charts. High9 thanks for popping up with that, was beginning to think i was the only poor cow fattening up her baby too much. We had a follow up appointment with a karitane to discuss his nutrtition - she actually bothered to measure his length and pronounced him in proportion.
Sponsored Links

High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2011 at 12:17pm
Lily looked/looks very much in proportion to me! I'm not sure if she's top of the charts anymore as she's looking rather skinny but she's still very tall! She was 12kg a couple of months ago so am curious as to what she is now!

I was going to say, we had to see Karitane nurse too! She had a bit of a rant about BFing still...
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2011 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by High9 High9 wrote:

I was going to say, we had to see Karitane nurse too! She had a bit of a rant about BFing still...

What did she have to say?

I've decided I'm pretty much going to continue bf till DD weans herself after a tough winter with illness I want to still have that form of nutrition for her next winter.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2011 at 7:14pm
How old was your DD when you went, High9? Since Max is so young still we might have got different speeches. She started by congratulating me on still b/feeding, told me it was ok to bottle feed sometimes if i need a break, i told her i'd never given him a bottle, she said i shouldnt be ashamed to admit it (snap again, High9, i have been accused of formula feeding him on the sly...). In the end i got a bit shirty and pointed out i live alone and am a single parent so if i were to give him a bottle to give me 'a break' i'd be giving him the damn bottle anyway and then i'd have to wash it! Not much of a break IMO.

Anyway - we discussed demand feeding and i annoyed her by referring to it as feeding on request, then we discussed solids and i annoyed her by doing BLW and pointing out DS only eats little nibbles of things so isnt getting fat on solids, then she rather snippily said 'well mother knows best i suppose *fake laugh* but remember we'll always be here to help you with his eating when he's older'. Err...thanks?

High9 - Max is looking quite skinny as well, he weighed in at 11kg and 77cm tall. But here is a recent picture of him, he certainly isnt a big rolly thing.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2011 at 7:53pm
DD's not chubby either she never has been. She eats plenty of solids and is bf on demand to, some days she doesn't demand much and others she does.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2011 at 9:35am
She's definitely slowed down since she turned one with her weight but at about 14 months she was 11.5kg and I forget how tall and about 16 months she was 12kg exactly so I imagine she might be 12.5kg ish at 18 months now!

Lily was quite a rolly polly though hehe!

Lily was 9mo when we got the rant! They were always iffy about BLW and choking etc and needing purees, mash etc for the textures but she 'praised' me that Lily was eating finger foods so well... (Yes well she'd been doing it since 6 months!) but the rant was more 'Well she's 9mo now... She should be having breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner and maybe a snack and then bed and not be waking in the night for so many feeds!' 'You should look at night weaning her' 'She doesn't need to be BF on demand anymore, give her plenty of water during the day and cut the BFs down' - but then again she was kinda 'anchient' - maybe Late 50s/early 60s.

My Plunket nurse actually thought I was because Lily was gaining over a kg a month and was like 'Well I can see if you are exclusively BFing her if she's done a poo!' and proceeded to look in her nappy and exclaim 'Ah well yes breast fed!' *rolls eyes*. If I gave her a darn bottle why would I lie about it?

Tbh Max looks very healthy! Look at those hubby wrists! They're gorgeous! Lily's lost all that chubbyness now! I'll try find a picture!
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2011 at 9:36am
Only problem is a lot of the pictures of her nudey are in the bath with me too
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2011 at 9:52am
Scrawny NB - 3kgs roughly and 54cm long roughly.

4-5mo roughly 7kg I think she was... She was 6kg at 11 weeks and think she was about 16 weeks here... *blush* I forgot! Her 5mo check has her at 7.94kg and length 65cm

7mo roughly maybe 9kg as she was 8.6kg and 68.5cm long at 6.5 months and 9.5kg at 8.5 months length 71cm

Almost 11mo... Approx 3 weeks later she was 11kg and 75cm

No recent nudey pics I don't think!

Just had a look at Plunket which has WHO graphs in my book and atm well at 16mo she was about 90th%ile so down from the 97th line. She was 50th%ile at birth.

Height or 'length' she was 50th at birth and last one had her at 90th%ile.

Edited because 7mo pic didn't work!

Edited by High9

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2011 at 11:37am
She's gorgeous - what a cute baby.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2011 at 12:20pm
She doesn't have those lovely rolls now though *sniffs* actually might book her in to check her weight/height as I'm quite curious. She was sick almost 2 months ago now and BF for about 2-3 days straight with no solids so the nurses told me she'd lose weight as she wasn't getting anything but to me she stayed the same!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2011 at 12:39pm
Be interesting to see what she does weigh, as there is some suggestion that if she's been bf during her illness she may have stayed the same. One of the reasons I want to keep going thru next winter. Then if DD gets sick I can at least still nurse her.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2011 at 5:52pm
Aw she's so gorgeous!! Max has almost identical stats to her at 11months. She is super cubby and rolly too, how cute! I love a good chubby wubster. I reckon its a good idea to be nursing through winter. I have no idea what i would have done with Sick Max if i werent breastfeeding. The nutter is cutting his top 4 teeth all at the same time at the moment as well and popping a boob out is an instant calmer.
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2011 at 5:54pm
Oh, and a better photo of his fatness:
Hopes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2011 at 6:00pm
Here's a photo of Jacob at about the same age, Bowie. They've very similar-size babies, from the weights you've mentioned.

And if Plunket wants rolls, we'll give them rolls! (He was a bit younger here - and exclusively breastfed.

High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2011 at 6:04pm
Aww lovely!

Yeah well when she teethed from 10-11 months BFd and no solids she still gained weight fabulously and Plunket were really amazed as was my doctor that she had only had breast milk during that time! And my PN said Lily gained the most weight during her visits than the other babies when we were exclusively BFing too. That was cool, but the insisting I was bottle feeding too wasn't.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2011 at 6:28pm
We still don't have any teeth yet not looking forward to those arriving. I have to take Catherine back on Thursday to have her weight checked I'm doing my best to feed her at every opportunity and cramming as much solid food into her as she'll take.

We don't have any rolls here chubby thighs and that's about all Catherine is quite lean.

[/url]

Angel June 2012

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2011 at 6:35pm
How do I post a picture in here?

[/url]

Angel June 2012
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2011 at 7:01pm
Depends on where it is. If you have facebook, open the picture you want, delete the &theater bit of the end in the address bar and hit refresh. It'll bring up the picture again but not in that stupid cinema view. Right click, view image properties, then copy image source. Paste the code here, put [ img ] at the front and [/img ] at the back but without the spaces.

Alternatively sign up to image shack or photobucket, and copy and paste the code it gives you with the [ img ] and [ / img] as before.

Hopes, Jacob is SUCH a gorgy bubba. I love his chubbiness! I remember you saying ages and ages ago that he was in large ittis by 11 weeks so i figured he was pretty rolly polly.
MamaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2011 at 7:05pm
Look at those beautiful rolly babies, none of them look "overweight" they are all lovely and in proportion.
Stupid plunket!! We were always at the other end of the spectrum, extra weigh ins because DS wasn't gaining at the rate they preferred and never had rolls.

Good on you caliandjack for making the decision to BF for another winter, I bet Catherine will be very thankful to you
Oh and don't worry too much about the teeth, we did gothrough a wee period of biting when DS got top teeth, but it didnt last long.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2011 at 7:11pm
think this works Catherine is 10 months approx 7.3kgs and 70cms tall

Edited by caliandjack

[/url]

Angel June 2012
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920>